Gay-friendly Thread!

I'm guessing (and this is only a guess) that if you asked for anything "official" (like a wedding package) you would probably be told no (it didn't sound like you were interested in doing that anyway). But if you happened to mention it when booking a room or making a priority seating, I don't think anything negative would happen and the staff might go out of their way to make it special for you. Our experiences being an openly gay couple have always been positive. I'm thinking you might be uncomfortable with having your honeymoon out there for the world to see, but I wonder what (if any) responses you would get if the two of you went to park both wearing Mickey groom's ears?

TLPL said:
Hi All! This is my first posting and I hope it show up at the right place. Anyway, my partner of ten years and I are from Canada and we are planning to get married in February. For our honeymoon we have booked a 6 nights 7 days Magic your way plus dining vacation and we are staying at the All Star Movie. My question is: Is it wise to tell them we are going on our honeymoon and plan accordingly? We are both quiet people and don't want to cause a scene, but on the other hand we want it to be special and make the trip memorable, candlelight dinner and all. I am excited and nervous at the same time any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, and Happy Holiday to all of you!

Peter and Lucas

Has anyone ever done a DCL cruise, and as a gay person what did you think of it? My partner and I have the 4 night booked for December 10th, 2006 and so does a friend.

Any tips?

iankh said:
Has anyone ever done a DCL cruise, and as a gay person what did you think of it? My partner and I have the 4 night booked for December 10th, 2006 and so does a friend.

Any tips?

Iankh, My partner and I went on the 7 day cruise a couple years ago and I still say it was the best vacation I've ever taken. The cast was typical Disney cast, they honestly could care less about it, and the other guest on the cruise seemed just as accepting. We where a little nervous about the dinner arrangment (sharing a table w/ other families), but we had the late sitting, and our table was all adults who treated us like any other couple. There where also several other gay couples on the cuirse and at least one lesbian couple.

We (my partner and I, and the lesbian couple - who's names I can't remember :confused3 ) closed down the dance club. We where the only ones there for like the last hour, and for the last song we had the DJ play a slow song so we could dance with our partners ... it was great. For 7 days, we lived in a "perfectly accepting" world.. did I mention it was great? :cool1:

My only tip is request the late dinning (less kids). - OH.. and eat at Palo's - makes for a romantic meal (we did brunch).

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday! Been running around shopping, wrapping, making the meatballs and sauce.. All set now! Hope everyone has a happy and healthy whatever it is you celebrate!

Welcome to the new folk on the thread! Hope you stick around! It's a fun bunch!

kathy

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Dont forget to watch the Walt Disney World Christmas parade today!

Cheer for the all star Drum Corps! These are great kids!

It's cloudy with scattered showers here this morning, but my sources tell me it will be warm and sunny for the parade.......Now that's MAGIC! :rotfl:

We are on a budget but still would like to have a romantic time, any suggestion where we should go for a quiet dinner? What is this I read about the "gay-friendly night" at PI?

Thanks StormTigger. I was a little nervous about the cruise, though it's something we've wanted to do for a while.

We have requested the late sitting, for precisely the reason you mentioned. A friend is coming with us, so I'm not sure if we'll get our own table or not.

PI on Thursday has always been free to Cast Members, so a lot of them went that night. It just cought on that Thursday was the unofficial gay night at PI.

As far as a romantic spot...

You can sit at the bar at the California Grill and have apps. Time it so the fireworks go off, you can also sit at the Sushi Bar and eat light.

The restaurant in the Castle is awfully romantic, but no booze.

Mexico, Morocco, and Canada all have romantic settings.

Good Luck

As far as romantic spots go, my partner (of 18 years) and I really like Jikos. In fact we really like the Animal Kingdom Lodge period. It is also nice to sit in their bar, Victoria Falls and have a few bevvies before dinner.

We also are very partial to the Wilderness Lodge, preferrably a room on the top floor, trees view and the dormer style ceiling.

The balconies feel very secluded. We love to just sit out there in the early morning and enjoy our coffee and the quiet.

iankh said:

Any tips?

We have been on several Disney cruises and have loved every one of them. The best advice I can give is just enjoy yourself. We have never had any problems and have actually met other gay couples on board that we are still friends with. WE went on the August Panama Canal cruise, met several couples on board, and booked the 11 day Southern Carribean cruise with two other couples while on board. We have always been treated like any other guest and have never been snubbed by other passengers. You will have a wonderful time.

nordkin said:
We have been on several Disney cruises and have loved every one of them. The best advice I can give is just enjoy yourself. We have never had any problems and have actually met other gay couples on board that we are still friends with. WE went on the August Panama Canal cruise, met several couples on board, and booked the 11 day Southern Carribean cruise with two other couples while on board. We have always been treated like any other guest and have never been snubbed by other passengers. You will have a wonderful time.

Nordkin - thanks! I feel much better. Our friends think we're nuts to be going on a Disney cruise instead of a gay cruise, but then they think it's odd that we own points in DVC. It's only in the past year that I've had any interest in trying a cruise and then spent about 6 months trying to convince my partner to try it.

iankh said:
Nordkin - thanks! I feel much better. Our friends think we're nuts to be going on a Disney cruise instead of a gay cruise, but then they think it's odd that we own points in DVC. It's only in the past year that I've had any interest in trying a cruise and then spent about 6 months trying to convince my partner to try it.

Gay cruises can be very expensive, although Disney is not cheap. There are lots of gays who would not dream of going on vacation with non gays, but in my opinion they are the losers. They are the same people who cry for equality, but they in turn practice their own form of discrimination. As my partner just pointed out it is fine to want to be with others like yourself, but do not judge those that do not care and just want to enjoy themselves.

Okay...trying this out.. here is a pic (I hope! ) of me and my nephew from Yesterday.. it's the same little guy from my siggie! Wow.. he is getting soooo big!

26425IMG_3859-med.JPG

WOW.. Now that I have the hang of it.. here is a post of one of my "kiddies" (Peanut) :) I have to catch up with the rest of you! LOL!!

26425IMG_3945-med.JPG

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE NEW AND OLD MEMBERS OF THIS THREAD!

Sorry for just popping in like this but I wanted to wish all the best for the season and the happiest of new years!

nordkin said:
Gay cruises can be very expensive, although Disney is not cheap. There are lots of gays who would not dream of going on vacation with non gays, but in my opinion they are the losers. They are the same people who cry for equality, but they in turn practice their own form of discrimination. As my partner just pointed out it is fine to want to be with others like yourself, but do not judge those that do not care and just want to enjoy themselves.

Somehow a gay cruise just holds no appeal for us. I'm not sure why, but we have no desire to do one.

Regarding expense, I have heard they are expensive too. I don't think the price we got for the DCL cruise is that bad. It was $589 per person for a 4-night cruise, inside cabin. What was also a deal was it was the same price for the friend coming with us who has his own cabin. No extra single supplement.

Just in case we hate the cruise, we're going to go to WDW for 5 nights after the cruise.

RickinNYC said:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE NEW AND OLD MEMBERS OF THIS THREAD!

Sorry for just popping in like this but I wanted to wish all the best for the season and the happiest of new years!

Happy Holidays!

I'm back. I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL holiday season this year. I also hope you all got what you most desired. :) :goodvibes

I love Christmas time, but I am thankful that I no longer have to listen to Christmas music the entire time I am at work.

I love this time of year. It's almost New Years!

:love: :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc

iankh said:
Somehow a gay cruise just holds no appeal for us. I'm not sure why, but we have no desire to do one.

Regarding expense, I have heard they are expensive too. I don't think the price we got for the DCL cruise is that bad. It was $589 per person for a 4-night cruise, inside cabin. What was also a deal was it was the same price for the friend coming with us who has his own cabin. No extra single supplement.

Just in case we hate the cruise, we're going to go to WDW for 5 nights after the cruise.

Totally agree. Like you, Joe and I have no interest in a gay cruise. Plus, the added expense just to do so is kind of silly in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter