GCV at 7 months?

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
We have never been out to Disneyland, but once we have our DVC we are going to have to go since the trip will be "cheap" ;)? The question is, how hard is it to get Grand Californian at 7 months? I am assuming race weekends are impossible, but what about early dec?

Ability to get VGC at 7 months out depends on when. Early to mid-Dec is a high demand time and for 2014, only stray single nights here and there were open at 7 nights out for any room category. Other than holiday weeks or weekends, you can often (but not always) find something Jan through May before Memorial Day time and Sep after Labor Day to early Nov.

Ability to get VGC at 7 months out depends on when. Early to mid-Dec is a high demand time and for 2014, only stray single nights here and there were open at 7 nights out for any room category. Other than holiday weeks or weekends, you can often (but not always) find something Jan through May before Memorial Day time and Sep after Labor Day to early Nov.

Kinda what I figured. I suppose we will have to plan for a halloween party instead of a christmas one.

We have had good luck twice now when booking for an extended long weekend trip right after Thanksgiving. I am online right when the booking window opens and for our last trip in Nov 2012 I was able to get a 1 bedroom villa. This next trip we are doing a studio to save points, again in November arriving the day after Thanksgiving and staying through Tuesday.

Everything is all decked out for Christmas, its one of our favorite times to go.

I was able to score the best studio on the 6th floor looking out over DCA & World of Color. We went the week of Feb15 -22 Presidents week....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter