General Motors Employees - Test Track VIP Lounge?

MichiganMommy

Mouseketeer
Hey all you General Motors employees, when I was ordering my tickets, I noticed a note on the order form about visiting the GM VIP lounge at Test Track. What is in there? Is it worth a visit? My sons are 4 and 7 and we will be going the last week in February. Thanks!

It's great up there. They have free coffee or pop, a lounge area with a great view of the Epcot ball, washrooms, and when you are done relaxing you go down the back way and front of the line to Test Track. Keep in mind though the lounge is open 9-5 monday -Friday.

If you are there and want to ride any time other then m-f 9-5 you can go thru the gift shop, back to where the cars and trucks are displayed there is a desk on the left, sign in there & get your ride passes.

FYI: This also includes employees of GM dealerships. My son works for a dealership and was able to access the lounge on our last trip.

Does anyone know if this includes GM suppliers? My husband works for a major supplier and receives the GM discount when purchasing a car. Access to this lounge would mean more to me than the discount!!!

Not sure but I think I read that someone from Visteon was able to use the lounge. Also GM retirees can use it. It made the ride very special for us. We enjoyed the view over Epcot and into the ride itself. A cold drink and no line at the bathroom was great. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, it is definately a benefit although they did talk to us about keeping a low profile and respecting the other riders when we got down to the loading area.:D

This makes me curious... are their other rides that have special lounges/passes for sponsor employees???

FYI: This also includes employees of GM dealerships. My son works for a dealership and was able to access the lounge on our last trip.

My Dad works for a GM dealership - what are the chances of my mother being able to access the lounge if he is not with her?

What kind of ID is required to enter the lounge? I don't think dealership employees have ID badges or anything like a GM plant employee might. Would a business card be enough?

Good ? Shannon, I know my DH had to show his photo ID, he doesn't work in a factory but still has a GM photo security card. He also had to sign in at the desk upstairs.

You could call the lounge directly and ask. Maybe you could get the phone number by calling WDW info. If you get any info, pass it along.:D

When we asked about family members we were told that my Dh had to be there and show his G.M. I.D. card.

You can e-mail Disney directly about a specific company. My husband works for Delphi and I wasn't sure if we would be able to use the lounge, but I e-mailed Disney and within a day they sent a very nice reply stating that yes, we could use it along with our guests.

The receptionist is very, very nice and has a great sense of humor as well. When we were there over spring break, we buzzed to be let into the elevator and she came over the speaker and said "How many are in your party?" When we answered 10, she very casually replied, "I'm terribly sorry, but that's 8 too many." We were shocked because of Disney's e-mail. But then we realized it was April 1 and she was just having fun at our expense.

It was very busy during spring break and although we could enter the lounge as often as we wanted, they would only let us go to the front of the line once per day. It was still well worth it!

I'm glad you started this thread. My BIL is a retired GM worker and he'll get a kick out of this when we go to Test Track this weeK !!

:)

Someone asked about other attraction sponsors.....

I just read in our local paper that after 20 years AT&T will no longer be the Spaceship Earth sponsor. I don't know how that will affect the ride, but it did mention that that will be the end of the employee VIP lounge. So, I guess other sponsors employees do have VIP lounges.

Doesn't working for GM make Test Track more special? For 10 years I worked for GM's local defense attorneys here in NJ - yes, I drive a Buick and visiting Test Track is a special attraction for me.

Anna

GM employees - just in case you aren't aware... You can order tickets to WDW for a 12% discount also. The order forms are in the e-forms library (under W). Find this on the "Services" tab in socrates. Not every type of pass is available with the discount, but they do have many choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter