• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie and Genie+ for dummies?

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
What is the best source for learning how Genie and Genie+ works inside-out with all the details of such? I haven't really paid much attention to it all but now we're considering a trip in Spring of '22 and I want to educate myself on how it all works and the pros and cons. What is the best source to learn this?

What is the best source for learning how Genie and Genie+ works inside-out with all the details of such? I haven't really paid much attention to it all but now we're considering a trip in Spring of '22 and I want to educate myself on how it all works and the pros and cons. What is the best source to learn this?

If you don't want to go through the hundreds of pages on this forum then do a search for Genie+ on youtube. There are a lots of good videos from vloggers on how to use it.

If you aren't going til Spring, there's certainly no need to get too deep into the weeds since some of the minutiae is likely to change between now and then. The "usual sites" for Disney park news all have overview articles about how it works. That's probably enough for now.

I would wait a few months until Genie has been in use long enough for people to explain what their actual experience has been. There are now numerous threads on here the all seem to be discussing the same thing and many are jumbled together with people's opinions before it even started. Disney might also modify some aspects of it after a few months once they see how well it is/isn't working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter