Genie+ has GOT TO GO!

It sounds like the parks had a record year in profits…. So I’m hoping they won’t freeze hiring and cut jobs at the parks.

They were fully staffed yesterday…. We were there and saw more staff than I’ve seen since Covid. Tons of managers in plainclothes, more staff than I’ve seen in a long time. Wish they could be that staffed up everyday.

Just to put the "record year in profits" for the parks in perspective. It's 8% higher profits in the park division when compared to 2019. Inflation over the same period was 17% so they're not keeping pace with inflation.

Disney will obviously try to compare to 2021 to say they're growing a lot but a lot of the parks were closed during parts of 2021.

Just to put the "record year in profits" for the parks in perspective. It's 8% higher profits in the park division when compared to 2019. Inflation over the same period was 17% so they're not keeping pace with inflation.

Disney will obviously try to compare to 2021 to say they're growing a lot but a lot of the parks were closed during parts of 2021.

Thanks. I don’t own stock in Disney so I don’t pay much attention to their fiscal reports.

That being said, the parks can’t even function well on the staffing they have now, so Lord help us if they do any hiring freezes or cuts within the parks.

As I posted on another thread, we just returned from a 10 day stay. As expected, the worst part of the trip was Genie+ which we will not be pressured into buying. MK is the worst spot for Genie+. In MK, it creates standby lines like I have never seen before. Routine wait times for most rides was at least 60-100 minutes. The Haunted Mansion line continually stretched past the Riverboat entrance. Even WEDWay PeopleMover now has lines when it always had been a walk on. Unless you stayed until the end of the night, you couldn't get on anything w/o a long wait. We were lucky on 2 occasions because rides broke down. We just happened to pass the Little Mermaid ride when it reopened so we walked on, and when waiting in the Haunted Mansion line, many people left when we were told it might not reopen, which it did, and we were able to walk on.

Unless you are interested in certain rides, particularly the newer ones, in the other parks, there are shows, music, animal walks, etc. to do w/o a problem. One day in EPCOT, we entered around 2PM and walked on all of the rides on the right side of the park. In AK, the Safari ride was only about a 15 minute wait near the end of the day.

As I posted on another thread, we just returned from a 10 day stay. As expected, the worst part of the trip was Genie+ which we will not be pressured into buying. MK is the worst spot for Genie+. In MK, it creates standby lines like I have never seen before. Routine wait times for most rides was at least 60-100 minutes. The Haunted Mansion line continually stretched past the Riverboat entrance. Even WEDWay PeopleMover now has lines when it always had been a walk on. Unless you stayed until the end of the night, you couldn't get on anything w/o a long wait. We were lucky on 2 occasions because rides broke down. We just happened to pass the Little Mermaid ride when it reopened so we walked on, and when waiting in the Haunted Mansion line, many people left when we were told it might not reopen, which it did, and we were able to walk on.

Unless you are interested in certain rides, particularly the newer ones, in the other parks, there are shows, music, animal walks, etc. to do w/o a problem. One day in EPCOT, we entered around 2PM and walked on all of the rides on the right side of the park. In AK, the Safari ride was only about a 15 minute wait near the end of the day.
This is on the Disneyland boards, but I’m so sorry you had a rough stay in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter