Genie+ Pricing Structure

I feel the same. This week is extremely high crowds which leads more to purchase it to save time in lines. Considering the summer discounts that are out, it appears they’re trying to bring more to Disney this summer. If that continues to be the case I feel the price will go down as it won’t be as beneficial to purchase Genie+ when crowds are already lower.
Concur. They didn’t launch ALL the hotel discounts + the AP Star Wars hotel discount + new APs sales after the holiday because summer is looking so rosy. They’re striking while the iron is hot for Spring Break with G+ but $35 is hard to stomach if you aren’t looking at hotels sold out level crowds. The dynamic pricing is what makes this thing work.

Also, I don’t think we see $50+ at 2023 Xmas. But, the bottom is as the website states- $25. I don’t expect that will drop unless things turn bad, fast.

I'm surprised that they haven't offered Genie + for free as a perk with the Deluxe resorts. Even Universals $$$ pass is included at their deluxe resorts. Especially with large families, it could be a selling point for those resorts.

I'm surprised that they haven't offered Genie + for free as a perk with the Deluxe resorts. Even Universals $$$ pass is included at their deluxe resorts. Especially with large families, it could be a selling point for those resorts.
Too many Deluxe resorts and, they fill without this perk so really no need to offer it.

So the few times I've used this were when it was a 'flat' $15/PP, so I don't quite understand the new tiered pricing? Is the price accessible weeks out, or is this announced like the night before? We have an upcoming trip from 5/3-5/10, and want to get an idea if I'm going to be paying the $15 rate, or the $35 I've been reading about, lol
We just left Disney after a week there. Genie plus was $35/pp/day the first two days of our visit when crowds were high due to a few races. Every day since was $20/pp/day. All together for 3 of us we paid $510 for Genie Plus and around another $325 for individual lightening lanes. Honestly, while I love Disney, this cost on top of expensive theme park tickets leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for the most magical place on earth. We also did the Hollywood Studios After Hours (I think $114/pp) just to be able to ride a few favorites more than once. We had a blast but won’t be back anytime soon. The cost is just too prohibitive.

Btw…for comparison, we had gone 2 weeks to London and Paris including Disney Paris for a few days a couple of years ago. It was significantly cheaper than a week in Disney World.

I'd be surprised if we ever see Genie+ below $25 again. Sales this week have got to make Disney accountants euphoric. The question is on what rare occasions will it drop below the $35 level now. I'd plan for $60+ if I were going to be at WDW during Christmas/NY 2023
G+ has been back down to $20 all this week. As long as I have been following WDW, there is always a significant drop off after Easter when Easter falls in April.

We might not a see many days where G+ drops below $20 from here on out.

Last edited:
They offer the Extended PM hours twice a week to deluxe hotel guests. During those hours, most rides are walk-on. It takes some time to clear the Remy and 7DMT queues, but most of MK is walk-on/near walk-on within minutes of the start of the PM hours.

It was surreal to see Remy as a walk-on, and then the next morning to see it was back to being a 120-minute wait.

Genie+ is $20 today. I'm still budgeting $20/day for our early May trip. Hoping for the best!
A reasonable bet, unless you are going around Mother's Day or Memorial Day weekend, those days it will probably be a bit higher.
Actually, I'd 'budget' for it to be higher myself, but anticipate that we might have some bonus funds.

Over Easter, I budgeted for $29, the $35 surge was unwelcome.

Then again, looking at crowds this week, I would not have bought G+ most days. Right now, AK: FoP-30min, Dino5, EE 5min, Kali-no wait, Na'vi-no wait.

They aren't even showing wait times for Epcot or MK, but G+ return times are now for: everything except FEA, GoG, Remy, and TT. Even Soarin' G+ return time is now. Over in MK: BTMRR 8pm, HM 7:45pm, JC- 8:25pm, Pooh: 8:15, Pan 10:25pm, PotC 7:20, 7DMT-10>20pm, SM-8:30pm just about all else has G+ return times of now (6:40PM).

I gather not posting the waits = very short waits in Epcot and MK. The only park with some waits appears to be HS, though those wait times are also not showing. (Just G+ return times.)

If Jungle Cruise and Space Mtn G+ passes are still available at this late hour though, there is not much need/value in paying for G+ today.

They offer the Extended PM hours twice a week to deluxe hotel guests. During those hours, most rides are walk-on. It takes some time to clear the Remy and 7DMT queues, but most of MK is walk-on/near walk-on within minutes of the start of the PM hours.

It was surreal to see Remy as a walk-on, and then the next morning to see it was back to being a 120-minute wait.
The extra hours are great; especially for adults and families with kids ages 9/10 +.
But not so great families with young kids who can't make it to midnight especially if you are rope dropping to take advantage of early kids wake ups and cooler Temps

Also for example, for my upcoming trip, we arrive on Monday, our park days are Tues/Wed/Thurs, and then head off on our first DCL cruise on Friday.
So because they only have extra hours for EP on Mon, we miss that.
And no extra hours for HS or AK(which makes sense for that park)

Whereas Genie + is for all parks, every day, and acessible for all families, no matter the hours you are in park.

The extra savings would really add up the bigger the family. Universal deluxe hotel, express pass is good on check in and check out day. So doing a split stay 2 days deluxe /2 days moderate would maximize the savings , use Genie for 2 1/2 days arrival day 1, full day 2, checkoutmove day 3, and rope drop, stand-by park like AK, where Genie doesn't help as much on non Genie day

But the amount of guests may be an issue ,I do understand.

The extra hours are great; especially for adults and families with kids ages 9/10 +.
But not so great families with young kids who can't make it to midnight especially if you are rope dropping to take advantage of early kids wake ups and cooler Temps
Really depends on the family.

I know toddlers that were great late at night/very flexible sleepers/loved to be on the go, and also teens who struggled w/mornings and had limited stamina.

One of my relatives lived to be 90, but never slept more than 5 hours/night, except the last few months of her life! She was super healthy too!

The late PM hours are somewhat of a gamble for everyone though, just like the pre-paid parties. Things don't always work the way we hope.

Back up to $18 today, surprised it is higher on a Monday than the weekend. I've been keeping an eye on it since we head there on Saturday and hoping for $15!

I wonder how much they let weather play into it? That's a big bonus for them waiting until the same day to price things, they can adjust prices on the fly based upon weather if they so desire.

Has anyone come across a sort of historical tracker of what the prices have been for genie +? I'm pretty sure that I will buy it for many or most of my days but still want to have an idea of what it has trended at

Thrill data has the historical info available:
Genie+ Data
thank you! I had searched and found that but miserably failed to scroll down thinking I don't know what.. I saw 2022 and failed to notice the dates going down! I'm pleasantly surprised to find that overall it's not shockingly high - and I find genie+ extremely useful in planning out my day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter