Genie+ YouTube for Families?

shm_helene

Mouseketeer
Hi! I see lots of posts for the best way to use Genie+ and it seems like these guys get lots of rides - but it also seems like they are singles or couples, which isn't quite the same thing as trying to get something for a family of 4 or more. Any good videos that show the reality of Genie+ with a family?

The only significant difference I've heard of are the options of everyone using your phone app, everyone using your app that's logged into their phone, or everyone using their own app that's linked to the reservation.

From what I've heard, option 1 and 2 are the way to go.

I second Ear Scouts. Very informative. Everyone seems to say it doesn’t matter how many in your party, but he did find some discrepancies in return times with the larger party (and he’s the only one I’ve actually seen test it for larger groups)
* this was filmed at a busy time, so your experience can be slightly different.

The point would be that finding a LL for 1 person is a lot different than for a family of 5 or 6, I understand that the actual system works the same way.

I second Ear Scouts. Very informative. Everyone seems to say it doesn’t matter how many in your party, but he did find some discrepancies in return times with the larger party (and he’s the only one I’ve actually seen test it for larger groups)
* this was filmed at a busy time, so your experience can be slightly different.
Thank you!

Oh boy there is someone else on YT with a family of little kids and I am looking for her name...Mermaid Nina.

Can't vouch for her accuracy but I have listened to some of her shows because she gives strategies based on park and little kids vs adults.

The point would be that finding a LL for 1 person is a lot different than for a family of 5 or 6, I understand that the actual system works the same way.
This isn't quite accurate. In the past days of FastPass+, it would show different time availability depending on the number of members of your party. Genie+ does not do this. You will see the same inventory of times whether there is 1 person or 12 in your party. The scheduling your G+ the system doesn't care if how many people are in your party, supposedly up to 12.

This isn't quite accurate. In the past days of FastPass+, it would show different time availability depending on the number of members of your party. Genie+ does not do this. You will see the same inventory of times whether there is 1 person or 12 in your party. The scheduling your G+ the system doesn't care if how many people are in your party, supposedly up to 12.

This is why the Ear Scouts video is a little different. He had 2 phones going at the same time, one searching for a party of 1 or 2, and the 2nd searching for a party of 9. He would get different (later) return times for the larger party for many rides, and it got more difficult later in the day.
So I feel no one really knows exactly how the Genie+ system is working, and really, how would we know ?
Cause as long as you’re getting LL for your large party, you’re not wondering, or checking, if you could have gotten a better time with a smaller group.
And I’m just curious, where did the whole “party size doesn’t matter” come from? I know quite a few other bloggers have said it repeatedly, but is that in any actual release from Disney? Truly just wondering, but never investigated, as it’s mentioned quite frequently here on the boards.

I also highly recommend the Ear Scouts videos. There are TONS of Genie+ tutorials, but you're so right, it's hard to find some that specialize in larger groups. I will say from my own experience of visiting for six days last September and then again in two weeks with a large group (10 people), we had no trouble at all finding and reserving rides. On one of our MK days, we literally rode all but the Astro Orbiter and the Tomorrowland Speedway. Just a little encouragement from my own experience that it absolutely can be done with large groups.

Hi! I see lots of posts for the best way to use Genie+ and it seems like these guys get lots of rides - but it also seems like they are singles or couples, which isn't quite the same thing as trying to get something for a family of 4 or more. Any good videos that show the reality of Genie+ with a family?
Mammoth Club, (molly) and all ears have tons of G+ vids that might be helpful. Also check out wdwprep school and dfbguide. It doesn't matter if you're a party of 1 or 10, G+ works the same.

Found this thread trying to figure out if we should combine our party of 4 and 3, or do separate searches? Sounds like safer to just combine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter