Germany: Once Upon a Fairytale Meets Thread

Just a thought about electric in Europe. Some of the hotels are older and the wiring may be such. In Rothenberg the hotel is quite old and I would be careful not to overload the circuit(s). We loved the trip also.

We just got back from the Germany trip (Aug 8-16) and had a wonderful time. The itinerary is great, and I loved all the places we visited (Heidelberg, Waldeck, Rothenburg, and Munich) and all the Disney "magic" touches. The weather also cooperated with us without too much rain.

Our guides, Alica and Nadine, were FABULOUS and made the trip very special. They provided a lot of interesting insight and perspective on German history and culture, and were highly engaged with kids and adults alike. My kids weren't able to eat chocolate in Germany since they have nut allergies (hazelnuts are in EVERYTHING there), so the guides were so sweet and always brought gummi bears and other treats that my kids could have.

We did 2 pre-days in Munich and 2 days in Berlin, and really covered a lot of ground with private tour guides and also booking a few off the beaten path tours. I highly recommend Berlin - its a very eclectic and interesting city and we really enjoyed our time there as well.

Anyway, back to work and reality. I already miss the big pretzels and liters of beer ;)

I can't wait to start planning my next trip to the Baltics next summer!

We just got back from the Germany trip (Aug 8-16) and had a wonderful time. The itinerary is great, and I loved all the places we visited (Heidelberg, Waldeck, Rothenburg, and Munich) and all the Disney "magic" touches. The weather also cooperated with us without too much rain.

Our guides, Alica and Nadine, were FABULOUS and made the trip very special. They provided a lot of interesting insight and perspective on German history and culture, and were highly engaged with kids and adults alike. My kids weren't able to eat chocolate in Germany since they have nut allergies (hazelnuts are in EVERYTHING there), so the guides were so sweet and always brought gummi bears and other treats that my kids could have.

We did 2 pre-days in Munich and 2 days in Berlin, and really covered a lot of ground with private tour guides and also booking a few off the beaten path tours. I highly recommend Berlin - its a very eclectic and interesting city and we really enjoyed our time there as well.

Anyway, back to work and reality. I already miss the big pretzels and liters of beer ;)

I can't wait to start planning my next trip to the Baltics next summer!

Was it you and your family my husband and I sat with in Munich at the Hofbrahaus? I saw the pre days you mentioned and that was when we were there...

haha! Yes it was!! :rotfl2:

that's pretty amazing and random that we'd be seated next to each other in the huge Hofbrauhaus on that Thurs night.

The trip was amazing and we've enjoyed looking at our pictures.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. :)

haha! Yes it was!! :rotfl2:

that's pretty amazing and random that we'd be seated next to each other in the huge Hofbrauhaus on that Thurs night.

The trip was amazing and we've enjoyed looking at our pictures.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. :)

Such a random coincidence! :rotfl:

We had a great trip too, our pictures from ABD came online about 5 days after our trip which was great. I have been missing my "mas" beers and endless amounts of pork and potatoes everyday :)

How did your kids like the Germany trip compared with the others you have been on?

My kids have enjoyed all the trips we've been on, but I think Germany and Italy are their favorites so far.

So excited! We just booked for next summer (July 17-25).
Thinking about flying in a day early so we can adjust a little. Would love to add more time in Munich after, but we need to get back to reality/work.
Enjoying reading the comments here!

So excited! We just booked for next summer (July 17-25).
Thinking about flying in a day early so we can adjust a little. Would love to add more time in Munich after, but we need to get back to reality/work.
Enjoying reading the comments here!
I definitely recommend going in at least a day early for *any* European trip. Jet lag can really be a problem, and you don't want to poop out in the middle of the Welcome dinner, or half way through the next day! And then you have a buffer if there are flight issues!

Sayhello

Ahh.... We loved this trip!! Still keep in touch with some of our travel mates!
My only wish was that we had more time in Munich! Must return! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anyone have the info on what is different with the adults only trip? We are thinking of booking something for 2016 and I want to know what the changes are...thanks!

Just wanted to say hello to anyone who will be on the June 19th - 27th Adventure. We will be traveling with 4 of us. Wife, Grandmom, Daughter (age 10) and myself.

Just wanted to say hello to anyone who will be on the June 19th - 27th Adventure. We will be traveling with 4 of us. Wife, Grandmom, Daughter (age 10) and myself.
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post of this thread. So far, we don't have an other DISers listed for your departure, but there's still time!

Sayhello

Hi!!
I want to go on the Germany May 29th tour- adults only but I'm unsure what I should do since I'm single and would be going alone. Would I get a roommate or would I have to find myself one??

Anyone interested in going? I'd love to spend time there. My dog recently died and I don't want to be in the house for too long anymore.

Hi!!
I want to go on the Germany May 29th tour- adults only but I'm unsure what I should do since I'm single and would be going alone. Would I get a roommate or would I have to find myself one??

Anyone interested in going? I'd love to spend time there. My dog recently died and I don't want to be in the house for too long anymore.
So sorry to hear about your dog. I can totally understand wanting to get out of your house.

ABD will not provide you with a roommate or do any sort of matching. If you want one, you'd need to find one for yourself. You might try starting a new thread here, asking if anyone is interested in rooming with you. Someone might notice that who wouldn't see it here on this thread.

I travel solo, and just pay the single supplement. But that's not cheap, so I can totally understand not choosing to do that. A lot of singles do travel with roommates.

Good luck!

Sayhello

Did you find a roommate? :)

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post. Looks like you're on the same departure as ChillyB69 & family. :thumbsup2

Sayhello
Nope I didn't :( it's still a few more days until I book for sure so theres still time to find one I guess... But made posts on solo travels and no one :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter