Get Fit For Disney!

Can I participate too? I only need to drop 10, but my sister is joining me on our trip in September and she was just told by her doctor that she needs to lose 40 by the end of the year or she will end up with type 2 diabetes by 2012.

We've been experimenting this week with some different whole grain recipes (she's been told to cut out white (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice) you get the picture! Hard for her since she's a processed food junkie!

We had a little success with brown rice crusted spinach feta quiches and a complete fail on oatmeal bars. We did an sweet orange spiced tilapia that I adored, but she didn't care for.

My goal is to be able to wear cute shorts in September and not feel dumpy! The veggie stew sounds great! I would love the recipe.

Oh, and does anyone out there like rollerskating? I just found out my local rink has a Wednesday night skate (it's my favorite new exercise!)

I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs. by my September trip. I've already lost 15, but these last ten lbs. are proving the toughest!

Isn't it!!! :scared1:

I try to jog 4 times a week for minimumof 1/2 hour
breakfast 1/2C low fat cottage cheese and small apple
lunch steamed brocolli and low fat protein (usually cottage cheese :))
supper big salad with 1 tsp olive oil and fresh lemon juice and whatever meat we're having
snacks veggies/little fruit/ 1/2 slice whole grain toast
I drink lots of water and green tea
it's working just a slow process!!!! :confused3

I made it over from the other thread!!!

I was recently looking at pictures from our last trip and I cringe when I see myself. I want to enjoy looking back on these memories!!

So...I've been trying portion control and moderation. I also bought a treadmill and I've been trying to walk every other day. It is amazing when I bump up te incline how fast the calories burned adds up!!!

I've lost 4 lbs so far!!!

GOOD FOR YOU.......the scale is heading the right direction...it's amazing what the incline will do!!!!! As long as we burn more than we consume it will work.
We can do this!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can I participate too? I only need to drop 10, but my sister is joining me on our trip in September and she was just told by her doctor that she needs to lose 40 by the end of the year or she will end up with type 2 diabetes by 2012.

We've been experimenting this week with some different whole grain recipes (she's been told to cut out white (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice) you get the picture! Hard for her since she's a processed food junkie!

We had a little success with brown rice crusted spinach feta quiches and a complete fail on oatmeal bars. We did an sweet orange spiced tilapia that I adored, but she didn't care for.

My goal is to be able to wear cute shorts in September and not feel dumpy! The veggie stew sounds great! I would love the recipe.

Oh, and does anyone out there like rollerskating? I just found out my local rink has a Wednesday night skate (it's my favorite new exercise!)

My dad has been diagnosed with type 2, and is already having some lasting side effects because his sugars got out of whack! :confused: That is so good you have your sister, it's easier with a friend!

I want to join too! I want to lose 40 lbs. I don't expect to lose all of it by our trip, but I'm going to try to lose as much as I can.

I'm having chicken tacos from the crockpot for dinner. Just chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning. It isn't too many calories.

I have been keeping track of my calories on my smartphone. It worked for me for a couple months last summer, but then we went on vacation, and it all went downhill from there. :rolleyes1

You can always add some black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black olives and a little avocado to make them even better. The few extra calories are worth it since you're getting a ton of veggies.

Yes, you can absolutely join us! I actually really prefer whole wheat pastas and bread. It's very hard for me to eat brown rice, but I'm not a huge rice person in general. I hope that she really gets going because a diagnosis like that is pretty scary. Good luck to you and her!

Isn't it!!! :scared1:

I try to jog 4 times a week for minimumof 1/2 hour
breakfast 1/2C low fat cottage cheese and small apple
lunch steamed brocolli and low fat protein (usually cottage cheese :))
supper big salad with 1 tsp olive oil and fresh lemon juice and whatever meat we're having
snacks veggies/little fruit/ 1/2 slice whole grain toast
I drink lots of water and green tea
it's working just a slow process!!!! :confused3

That doesn't really even seem like enough food. Maybe I'm way off though. I would be absolutely starving. Are you following any website or particular diet plan?

I've really been working on cutting out a lot of sodium. Its amazing how much sodium is in different foods. I also gave up pop(I'm from Michigan, we call it pop). That is proving to be a big challenge!

I've really been working on cutting out a lot of sodium. Its amazing how much sodium is in different foods. I also gave up pop(I'm from Michigan, we call it pop). That is proving to be a big challenge!

I'm from Michigan, too! Yes, cutting out pop has been very hard. I've now decided that I can only have it if we go out to eat and it will be limited to 1 glass. I am embarrassed to say this, but I was drinking 3-5 cans of Cherry Pepsi everyday for months and months. It was my coffee so to speak. I'd crack one open as soon as I got up. A can of pop is far too convenient.

The veggie stew I make has leeks, potatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and carrots. It doesn't sound like much, but once it all simmers together it's tasty! I'll post the recipe when I get home tonight if anyone's interested.

Portion control is my worst enemy besides the fact that there are so many things that I can not eat or need to limit due to my diabetes and lactose intolerance :headache:

I am going to try adding onion with my cucumber slices and vinegar, I use red wine vinegar or cider not white as someone mentioned.

That veggie stew sounded good. I use to be a big fan of the cabbage soup diet when I was younger.

My Dr told me to eat Salad Salad Salad :rotfl:

I'm starting to really get into salads. I am in absolute :lovestruc with avocado. I know that it is kind of high in calorie, but its better having a salad with some avocado than a stop at Taco Bell. Right? :lmao:

I'm starting to really get into salads. I am in absolute :lovestruc with avocado. I know that it is kind of high in calorie, but its better having a salad with some avocado than a stop at Taco Bell. Right? :lmao:

YUM, I love avocada (healthy fat, my husband says you can eat lots :confused3) salads can be good if you do them right....looks like you have the knack!!! :cutie:...My diet plan looks worse than it is.....I eat TONS of veggies (lunch is at least 2 C broccoli and at supper I have a large helping of meat (roast beef/chicken/taco meat/whatever we're eating) It is similar to weight watchers points (about 20 points is my minimum)

YUM, I love avocada (healthy fat, my husband says you can eat lots :confused3) salads can be good if you do them right....looks like you have the knack!!! :cutie:...My diet plan looks worse than it is.....I eat TONS of veggies (lunch is at least 2 C broccoli and at supper I have a large helping of meat (roast beef/chicken/taco meat/whatever we're eating) It is similar to weight watchers points (about 20 points is my minimum)

:thumbsup2

I'm here! I was just thinking about using my trip as an end date for my weight loss goal! I am another with a 10 pound goal, it is harder the closer you get!!! I've been talking about losing this ten pounds for 5 years now :sad2:

I have such a hard time with my cravings though, if I want it Ipopcorn::

Good luck everyone :cheer2:

I'm starting to really get into salads. I am in absolute :lovestruc with avocado.

Me too! I recently had a salad that had raw kale in it that I'm going to try and re-create. I didn't even know you could eat kale raw, but I've been trying to work more kale and chard into my diet so I was excited. Once the weather gets warm here (and it's gonna be awhile:sad2:) I plan on eating salads for dinner 3-4 nights a week. Oh, and avocado is heaven-sent, no way I'd ever cut it out of my diet.

I have never tried avocado, I might have to pick one up and try it :)

I'd like to join! My goal is to drop 25 pounds before out trip in late August. I've been working really hard for the past month and lost 10 pounds. :goodvibes

No true carbs past 12 noon, fruit only with my breakfast, 10 8oz glasses of water per day and at lease 30 minutes of activity per day.

I have never tried avocado, I might have to pick one up and try it :)

:eek:

Never? Not even in guacamole? I recommend slicing one up either on a salad or in salsa. Maybe have someone help you pick your first one...they're tricky and the ripeness has a big effect on flavor.

I'd like to join! My goal is to drop 25 pounds before out trip in late August. I've been working really hard for the past month and lost 10 pounds. :goodvibes

No true carbs past 12 noon, fruit only with my breakfast, 10 8oz glasses of water per day and at lease 30 minutes of activity per day.

Congrats! May I ask why the time limits on when you eat fruit or carbs?

Hey I see we got a thread, Thanks L-Harper!!!

I think I by far have the most to lose. I would like to lose 90 but will be happy with 40 by the trip!!!

I am really into salads now, just finished one (kids are having mac and cheese for dinner)

I have to say this has been really hard for me since I am the only one in my family that is overweight. My mom is so skinny and my kids are too. When my mom goes to the store she always comes home with a cheesecake. Last night she was gonna grab a couple donut holes for each of the kids when she went for coffee and instead come home with a half a dozen donuts :scared1:

I am actually gonna head out to the YMCA with the kids after dinner so they can go swimming (me too) and I think we will walk there and walk home since it's so nice out!

Then after they go to bed I will go for my usual walk.

I would really love to hear some great low calorie meal ideas and some great snack tips. I find I do better if I have 6 small meals all day. That way I snack less because I know food is coming.

Natalie

I love salads too! I've been experimenting a lot with fruits in my salads. Dried cherries and clementines are my favorite right now. I haven't tried avocado yet, but I love them. I have been substituting homemade guacamole for sour cream and love it.

I'm from Michigan, too! Yes, cutting out pop has been very hard. I've now decided that I can only have it if we go out to eat and it will be limited to 1 glass. I am embarrassed to say this, but I was drinking 3-5 cans of Cherry Pepsi everyday for months and months. It was my coffee so to speak. I'd crack one open as soon as I got up. A can of pop is far too convenient.

Oh I was right there with you! If it was here I was drinking it. I let myself have a glass out to eat too, but keeping it out of the house has really helped. I drank Coke and I feel so much better drinking mostly water.

I have been trying to make my own vinaigrettes, some are successful others not so much!:rolleyes1It makes me feel better than ranch smothering my salad!

Congrats! May I ask why the time limits on when you eat fruit or carbs?

Thank you!

Eating carbs and fruit (which turns into natural sugar) earlier in the day gives your body more time to burn it off than if you were to eat later in the day.

I'm in! I have no weight to lose, I am already underweight, I just want to get fit. We took the girls to the zoo today and I am way too tired and sore. :rolleyes:

Right now my general goals are to work out on the elliptical everyday and eat a salad once a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter