"Get More of Your Home Resort"

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
The title of this thread was the title of an e-mail I got from Disney yesterday. Two e-mails in fact, because we own at BWV and VWL.

The e-mails were informing me that I could buy more points in my UY at my home resort. I thought it was interesting for two reasons.

1. I hadn't seen Disney actively pushing sales of "older" resorts before.

2. They offered BWV at $115 per point, and VWL at $102 per point. Looks like Disney is using pricing levels similar to the differences in cash reservations at the various resorts. This may be old news, but I wasn't aware that there were different prices at the various sold out resorts if buying from Disney.

Just thought it was interesting. :)

as did I, you beat me to posting.

DH is rather miffed that "his" resort, WL is "cheaper" than my BW:snooty:. I tried to convince him it was a buying opportunity to pick up 25 WL points but it didn't fly (yet);).

seriously, I haven't called my guide but was wondering if you would be permitted to buy 25 points @ another resort @ what appears to be special pricing?

seriously, I haven't called my guide but was wondering if you would be permitted to buy 25 points @ another resort @ what appears to be special pricing?

I would imagine the same pricing extends to all DVC members for the various resorts.

Honestly, when I opened the e-mail I thought it was going to be the offer to buy extensions for the contracts similar to what they did at OKW. I'm glad it wasn't that since that was a pain.

I would welcome the extension offer but do not see it coming at other resorts any time soon.

The offer also includes VB at $75...of course, I've bot points there at more than 50% off that price this year via resale.

We didn't get this email because our home resort is BLT, however, we are wanting to buy into BCV directly through Disney. I hope like the OP had mentioned that the $115/pt for BCV is extended to all DVC owners.

I hope like the OP had mentioned that the $115/pt for BCV is extended to all DVC owners.

The "special" prices are what they have been for these resorts for awhile. It's just marketing and not actually a special to a particular group.

I got it as well. Wish I could afford more points but with college tuition looming, we're on a 'points hold'.

We own at BCV & SSR and didn't get the e-mail. But, we bought both of our contracts on the resale market. I wonder if they're only targeting those who have bought direct before.

We've wanted to add onto our home resort for some time now and have been looking at resale, but we can't find our same use year and that's what we are really interested in - same resort, same use year.
I'm thinking for us this is a good deal. What would be the downfalls??

The "special" prices are what they have been for these resorts for awhile. It's just marketing and not actually a special to a particular group.

darn it, i was feeling extra special:lmao:

the target group is probably the ones who haven't added on in ages;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter