Getting a pedicure with a blister ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We are thinking of getting pedicures (us girls) before we leave for WDW - or maybe at WDW.

I tried some new sandals and ended up with a blister top of one of my toes :sad1:

Could I still get a pedicure with an 'open wound'?

Should I just place a band-aid on top of the blister and go and get a pedicure ?

Thanks!

I would say that you should seek out a water-less pedicure or a place which REALLY sanitizes the footbaths between each customer.

Most of the non-spa places in our area really have terrible sanitation practices with the foot baths, and I would worry about picking up something serious, like fungus or infection.

If the blister is still open or oozing, then I'd just ask for nail and cuticle treatment without the bath and new polish.

Sorry to sound so doom and gloom about the pedi's. I'm just scared to death of those footbaths. They really give me the heebeejeebees. I didn't check your location, but if you're in NC, I can recommend some excellent places where they either do waterless or have strong sanitation practices.

Sorry we are in NY.
I will ask our local place.
My DD can always get hers and I will skip if not sanitized.

Thank you so much for the suggestions

Please don't get a pedicure with an open wound on your foot! It's surprisingly common for people to get skin infections from getting pedicures, even if they don't have an open wound. Many pedicure places do not sanitize their footbaths, instruments, etc. properly. Why take a chance?

Also, I've seen posts where people have gotten pedicures before their WDW trips, and have gotten blisters while on their trip because the pedicurist removes all of their calluses during the pedicure process. Remember, calluses develop for a reason - they form where your shoes rub, and they prevent you from getting blisters. I'd say, just polish your toes before you go, to be safe!

Just sayin'.

Please skip the pedicure. Your risk of infection outweighs looking at pretty toes. A good salon should refuse to do one on anybody with an open wound. If they don't, you shouldn't be going there!

Please skip the pedicure. Your risk of infection outweighs looking at pretty toes. A good salon should refuse to do one on anybody with an open wound. If they don't, you shouldn't be going there!

This was my first thought. I can't see a reputable shop even doing a pedicure on anyone with an open wound. I know for a fact, the one I go to doesn't, because I saw them turn someone away who had an ulcer just above and on her ankle. They said they could not do a pedicure on anyone who had an open wound.

just get a polish change or first time polish and to be extra safe bring your own then u can do touch ups as needed! i own all my own stuff and bring it for any mani-pedis I get just too risky I actually ask to watch them clean the tub and if I don't think its clean enough I leave!!

Just think, would you want to get your feet done somewhere knowing someone else had an open wound touching their instruments? If they do yours, they probably did someone else's. It lends a risk of infection to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter