Getting an UBER after HHN....

disneymeblogging

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.

We're staying at the WDW Dolphin this year. Normally when we go to HHN my Husband drives however this year he wants to take it easy and be able to have a drink.

Has anyone taken an UBER from Universal after HHN closes? If so, was it really busy? What do you think our chances of getting one will be?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

I won't pay surge pricing, period. Possibility you might run into it after HHN.

Don't think you'd have a problem getting an Uber but check the estimate. A cab (from perhaps walking to HRH) may be a much better value - $50 ?

Regardless, it's well worth it if you both want to drink.

I won't pay surge pricing, period. Possibility you might run into it after HHN.

Don't think you'd have a problem getting an Uber but check the estimate. A cab (from perhaps walking to HRH) may be a much better value - $50 ?

Regardless, it's well worth it if you both want to drink.

Thank you.

I hadn't even thought about the increased fee. Hmmm, might have to rethink this then. Like the idea of going to HRH though :thumbsup2

We took Uber in the other direction (Universal to Disney's MNSSHP) on Halloween night and had no problems. It was slightly more expensive than our trip to Disney by $1-2, but nothing crazy. I believe our pick-up was somewhere around midnight and it took the car about 5 minutes to get there. Talking to the driver on our way to Disney, she told us that A LOT of Uber drivers were going to be working that night. So I wouldn't imagine you having a huge problem, particularly if there is a party at Disney on the same night.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

Does anyone know roughly what the cost would be with UBER compared to Lyft or is this info readily available somewhere for me to check?

We used over after Halloween Horror Nights for three nights last year and had no problem whatsoever. The cost was the minimum cost for the trip, however, we were only staying a couple miles away.

Another idea would be to leave before the very end. I have neighbors who use Uber every year for HHN and I'm certain it's not surge pricing based on what they pay. (I live 25 minutes away and it cost them $26 last year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter