Getting from CBR to the Hilton in Downtown Disney to pick up rental car

smittydis

Earning My Ears
I am staying at CBR in May and need a rental minivan for one day. I got a good rate from Avis but have to pick up the van at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney Resort area at 6:30 am and return it by 9pm or 7:30 am the next morning. This is only my 2nd trip to DisneyWorld, so I am really unsure as to how difficult this commute will be via Disney transportation! I'm thinking I can take two shuttles and get there, maybe a taxi would be better. What do you think? Thank you very much!

If AVIS doesn't have a complimentary shuttle that will pick you up at the CBR that early, you will need to take a cab. Disney buses do not start running to DD early enough to get you there by 6:30 a.m. The Hilton is right across the street from DD. My guestimate is that a cab will cost $10-$12, including tip).

If you return the car in the evening, you can walk across the street to DD and pick up a bus back to CBR. If you wait until the morning, you'll need to take a cab back to the CBR (unless you want to have a leisurely breakfast somewhere in the hotel while you are waiting for the DD buses to begin their service).

Do check with the AVIS desk at the Hilton. There may very well be a complimentary shuttle operating during the hours the desk is open.

I have seen an AVIS courtesy shuttle on property... I'm assuming it's the one from the Hilton. Not sure what their hours are. Give them a call and ask. Worse case, you'll need to take a cab... It's about 3 miles... not too far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter