Getting nervous about going to JIKO's using xtra credits

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisaross

DIS Veteran
I have the reservation and will be sending my kids to the kids club, but now i'm getting nervous that i can't use there credits............My reservation is for the beginning of September, i was going to use there credits since they won't be -

Do you think this is going to be a problem?

lisa

lisaross said:
I have the reservation and will be sending my kids to the kids club, but now i'm getting nervous that i can't use there credits............My reservation is for the beginning of September, i was going to use there credits since they won't be -

lisa

Unless Disney officially separates the credits into Adult credits and child credits before your trip, you will not have a problem with using your ddp to have dinner at Jiko. IF they do officially separate them, then you'll need to either share your meal or pay out of pocket at another TS meal to cover the necessary credits.

I would hold tight and see if the credits are seperated in the system. If they are ... we are sure to hear about it here on the DIS first!

WDWO

Personally, I hope they hit you with a bill when you try it, Using a child's credit to buy an adult meal is wrong ... and you know it is if you're getting worried about it. It's people that have done this in the past that have driven up the prices for the rest of us. Be honest, and pay OOP.

meshmar said:
Personally, I hope they hit you with a bill when you try it, Using a child's credit to buy an adult meal is wrong ... and you know it is if you're getting worried about it. It's people that have done this in the past that have driven up the prices for the rest of us. Be honest, and pay OOP.

Then WDW needs to change the system to reflect this. As it is currently set up if her Jiko meal is last on the agenda she will show 4TS left. Watch the CM's confusion when she sais "only use 2 as the other 2 are child credits."

We had this happen at WL breakfast our last day we had 3 C left on a party of 2A 2C... were told it didn't matter and she would take off both adults, one child and we'd pay OOP for one child.

Guess we should have argued with her. Now my soul is damned.

To be honest ... without that reciept we would have lost track period. If this is the rule and expectation - they need to change the system to match it for the consumers ease of use.

WDWO

Rumor has it that the computer changes are in the works ... and about time.

meshmar said:
Rumor has it that the computer changes are in the works ... and about time.

Rumor also has it that Disney will open a park in Texas, that Disney is going to close down MGM, that Microsoft is going to partner with Disney.. I could go on for days.

I think it is wrong and immoral of you to post such rumors to these boards. Shame on you.

Disney changed the brochure. That's a fact. I stated that the computer change was a rumor. It would be wrong and immoral to state it as fact. I labeled it as rumor so it could be taken with a grain of salt. Immoral? Looked in a mirror lately?

lisaross said:

lisa

From the new page 5 of the most up to date DDP brochure.

Q. Can adults use child meal entitlements?
A. Sorry, meal entitlements can not be shared between adults and children age 3-9.

personally, i think it's cases like the OPs is the reason disney made the plan flexible and not separating child/adult credits... think about it... the cost of a kid or two in a child-care center for a few hours (at what, $10/hour/child?) is more than what the parent will consume w/that extra credit...

if you figure an appetizer at $10; entree at $30; dessert at $7 and a cup of coffee for $3... that's $50... how much for two kids at kids' club for 3 hours (minimum, by the time you drop them off, get to the restaurant, wait for your ADR, sit, order, eat, dessert, get back to the kids' club)? $60! disney just made a few bucks on you using your kids' credits for a signature meal... not to mention the likelihood that you'll order a few drinks or a bottle of wine w/that signature meal...

imo, this situation is "no harm/no foul!" (unlike others where you go oop for a $6 kids' meal in order to have a $40 adult meal on a $10 credit)

The OP has gotten her answer. Disney's brochure now currently states that no, credits cannot be shared between children and adults. Whether this is being enforced or not we will have to wait and see.

Since the the name calling has started here I am going to close this before it gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter