• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting prints at WalMart/Target off of digital camera...

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
Has anyone done this yet and were you happy/satisfied? Also have you ever already saved them to your computer and then taken a disk and done the same thing? I have a bunch of pics that I need to get printed out but they are all on my computer. I have some more on my card on my camera that I need to get printed too but I don't know if I want to just put them on my computer or if I want to take the card and just print the ones I want.

I usually take mine to Sam's, but also to Wal Mart sometimes. I always figure out which ones I want prints of and burn them all onto the same disk. I've found if you only want prints of certain ones on a disk or card, it gets very confusing and time consuming for them to go through and figure out which ones to print or not print, and I've had mistakes made that way. If I take in a disk and just say one copy of each or two copies of each, it goes much smoother.

I've been happy with the quality and even happier with the price. Personally, I think the Sam's here has slightly better quality than the Wal Mart and they're cheaper which is why I usually use them. In my experience, the quality seems to be about equal to Shutterfly and better than DotPhoto, if that helps.

I refuse to shop at Target anymore because of their return policy, so I don't have any experience with them. Sorry.

That actually does help. I always forget about Sam's. I might have to go in there this weekend and just check it out.

I WISH I could forget about Sam's! LOL! Every time I walk in there, I spend no less than $100. :rolleyes:

Chris -

Great minds truly do think alike!!! I was just wondering this EXACT thing a couple of days ago and had been meaning to find the time to get on the DIS to post this question. I was also wondering if they could print photos from a disk or if it was only from the card. So here's to bumping this and seeing if we get any more opinions!

Melissa

PS - Hope you're doing well!

I use walmart faithfully I tend to burn onto cd than take cd in. I just did it off Dh's CF card earlier today. Ones I've used I do all the selecting and choosing number of prints i want. At walmart it's .29/print and usually takes less than hour even though it's 1hr photo. If you live near a meijers they do it also and were cheaper last week at .26/print. not sure if thats everyday price or a weekly special they had going. HTH.

I use Wal-Mart and have been very pleased with the quality and service. I also like to burn the photos I want printed to cd and take the cd in for the prints.
Originally posted by Wendy
I WISH I could forget about Sam's! LOL! Every time I walk in there, I spend no less than $100. :rolleyes:
LOL! I know what you mean, Wendy! :wave: I just spent nearly $200 there this morning. :eek:

I never think about Sam's for photos. Probably because it's not as convenient for me so I only go about once a month. How much cheaper are they than Wal-Mart's 29 cents?

My sister was telling me this afternoon about a photo machine at Wal-Mart that you can print the pics yourself. At first I thought that was what you were talking about. I'm interested to hear what people think about that.

So, you can take in either a CD or your card to have your digital pics printed from? Do they erase your card? I know they shouldn't, but I'm afraid they will.

I used the machine at Wal-Mart. I used my Smart Media card, from my camera, but there's also a slot for a CD. You put in the card. On the screen (it looks like a TV screen) all the pictures that are on the card come up. You just choose which pictures you want printed. You can also crop, but I didn't do that. You hit the button (can't remember exactly if it was a print, send, whatever button). I went back in less than an hour and they were done. It cost .29 a print. I didn't know Sams also did this...I'll have to try there next time. Oh, it doesn't delete any pictures off the card. When I got home, I did that.

I just put mine on a floppy disk, and hop on down to Walgreens.

They have a self-service machine you can use to make your prints, and you can edit them, also (adding frames, crop, etc).

But that was BEFORE I bought my little color inkjet printer and the expensive photo paper - it does just as well, I think. Ok, almost.

You boycotted TARGET???? OMG, I can't imagine life without Target. But note taken on their return policy - I'll shop more carefully in the future. I did take things back a few times, and didn't have a problem.

I took my compactflash card to Walmart this morning and did this very thing! Popped it in, all 200:eek: pictures came up and I selected the ones I wanted printed, the size of each and the quantity of each on. There is an option to "select all", but I chose to select each one as I did not want all! I think they turned out great, and were ready in under an hour. You can get photo index and CD's of the pics from the card too. They never touch your card. You pop it in, choose, pop it out and they print them!
There is no way to delete them from this machine :D !

I also use the local Wal-Mart and just take my Digital Camera card in and select directly from there and it is .29 each. I have also went onto Wal-Mart.com and uploaded pictures and have them sent to the local store and then you just go pick them up. That option cost I believe .26 each and you don't pay shipping if you pick them up at your store. I have been very pleased doing them both ways. I think the main difference is on-line, they are processed in glossy finish and I don't think there is a way to request the matte finish.

I did this during DISCON II for those unforgettable photos of Ray as an angel! This machine works for the Sony Memory stick too. The only problem was the photo lab at the Walmart in Kissimmee is so busy that I had to spend an hour wandering around waiting on my turn to print.

Photos turned out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter