Getting the most out of DDP?

juligrl

DIS Veteran
What is the best way to get the best value out of DDP? I would be inclined to guess TS for dinners, but what else can you do to get the most "bang for your buck"?

Doing TS dinners is great but my dh and I said that the wayto get the most of the DDP is to eat at places you love or will enjoy the most - as well as try some new places. He is a meat & potatos kinda guy - so we are dining at Le Cellier, Wolfgang, 'Ohana, etc. Hope you enjoy :goodvibes

We found our most "expensive" meals were non buffett or set price places. Kona Cafe and Les Chefs were our biggest tabs. Don't use CS credits for breakfasts. Our best values for snacks were Dole Whip Floats, school bread at Norway, and ice cream at the shop on Main Street.

I would also suggest picking restaurants based on where you want to eat rather than what will give you the most bang for the buck. We have thoroughly enjoyed Boma, 1900 PF, and Ohana, but as buffets and/or family style restaurants they could be considered low on the bang for the buck. All signature restaurants could be viewed by some as providing a low bang for the buck because it costs you 2TS but the CG was an amazing meal and worth it to us.

We have found that the cs meals are large with the meal and the desert, so we try and split a few of these. Use a snack credit for fruit, grapes etc to add to the lunch to share. Then we have a cs to use to split a breakfast and use a snack credit here as well. That way you have two light meals and 1 large meal in the evening for TS. We also brought some water to the parks ourselves so we could use the snack credits like this. :sunny:

Why avoid buffets ? we love them everone can pick what they want ,try ddifferent thingsetc. I realise they are not as pricey butthey are stiill around $25 then you add in tax and tipit,s got to work out toover $30 and DDP is $38 adayso you are getting your moneys worth.

I wouldn't avoid buffetts either!! We were on the dining plan for 10 nights we ate at a lot of places. We did about half "menu"(Chefs de France, Kona Cafe, Tony's, MM, and Sci Fi) restaurants and half "fixed" price restaurants (Garden Grill, CM, Boma, Park Fare, Biergarten). My observation was the menu places ended up the most expensive, but you come out so far ahead with the dining plan there is no need to skip the less expensive options!! We did use all of our TS meals for dinner and paid oop for 2 character breakfasts ($65 for 2 a and 2 ch meals). Enjoy. The dining plan was the highlight of our trip!

As touched on earlier, use snack credits for items as close to 4 dollars as possibled. For "Bang for your Buck", a soda or water is best paid for OOP.

I am going in August. I think it all would depend on your eating habits. I know we like the character breakfasts so we booked 3 of them and will use the dining plan. Since it is so big a meal, we'll probably just have a snack and then counter service for dinner. Other days we'll probably just have a snack for breakfast, CS for lundh and then a restaraunt dinner. I think it all depends on your habits. Is a full lunch something you always have or do you eat light while going through the parks. Do you normally eat breakfast or will you just get the kids a box of cereal and head to the park.

My plan is to do what we want, use the dining plan and pay when it runs out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter