Gettting to Boardwalk from Poly???

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
I'm sure someone has done this. We will be dropping dd at Neverland Club early evening this Aug, then going on to either Spoodles or Flying Fish for dinner. What is going to be the most efficient mode of transport? I was thinking monorail to MK, then bus to MGM and boat to resort. But how late is this an option? How long do the buses/boats/monorail run? Thanks.

You could take the monorail to the MK and then a bus to the BWI/BWV. You could also take a bus from the Polynesian to MGM and then walk or take a boat to the BW. I would give at least an hour.

Monorail to EPCOT from TTC and walk through EPCOT to Boardwalk. This works provided you have theme park admission media for that day. Otherwise, the best bet is the suggestion above, monorail to MK, bus to BWI.

Busses run, I believe, up to 2 hours after theme park closing. You will be able to get a bus back to MK from BWI and monorail back provided you are finished with dinner by the witching hour.

When we visit Boardwalk (and in the days our kids were still in need of child care), we always did the monorail to EPCOT version BUT took a $10 taxi back to Polynesian. It gave us more of our evening to enjoy since cabs are always readily available and take a fraction of the time on the return route. Money well spent if you ask me. ;) (BTW, you can grab a cab in front of BWI, YC/BC, not sure about Swan/Dolphin--BWI was just the closest for us.)

Thanks. Looks like maybe a taxi back to Poly and then monorail to CR and boat home to WL. OR....maybe we should just rent a car for our stay.

Keep in mind with Tess' plan that it's oer a mile walk from the monorail station at Epcot to the BW. That can be a long hot or wet mile in August. It's also probably not the fastest option. The quickest way would be a taxi. The boat from MGM can be slow, the BW is not always the first stop, and if you miss a boat it can be a half hour wait for the next one.

My suggestion is monorail to MK and then bus to BW, and cab for the ride back.

Anne

If you take the bus to MGM and go to the BW from there, it will certainly be quicker to walk to the BW from the MGM entrance than to take the boat. The boat always goes MGM-Swan/Dolphin-YC/BC-BW-Epcot. I believe they estimate 20-25 minutes for this trip. The Epcot boat reverses the route. It's a pretty fair walk from the bus dropoff at MGM to the boat dock itself. A comparable walk will have you half way to the BW if you head directly from the bus dropoff to the path to BW along the canel. In any case, the total walk to the BW would be much better than walking all the way through Epcot to the International Gateway and then on to the BW. Also, you would not need any admissions media doing it this way.

After you pick uo your DD it would be easier and faster to make the short walk from Neverland Club to the TTC and catch a WL bus.

Thanks for all the great replys. Thinking that maybe we'll just stay and eat at Poly or GF while dd's is at Neverland Club and do Boardwalk eating while she stays at Cub's Den. It is way too convoluted for me!!! Figure it will cost me double to pay for Neverland Club while I'm traveling back and forth!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter