GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

Maybe ive just lived with a man who has a perverted mind long enough to see something in something that really isnt there :confused3 We did meet when we were young (DH & I).. so I suppose its just me getting used to his mentality?

Maggie, I don't get what was funny about the balloons :confused3
I'm in my usual Friday afternoon teacher stupor so it's probably just me :)

I was wondering the same thing! :rotfl:

The longer I looked at them though I could see the "dirty" balloons but then I thought maybe that was just me! :scratchin

~Kim

Me too! When I went back to look, I saw what Maggie meant :rotfl: Trust me, my DF also has the mind of a 10 year old!!! I get it!

I was starting to feel like the only one there for a moment.. DH was looking at it with me and is like "thats a cool idea".. and i thought "hmm.. i could use that for a bachelorette party for _____" and then I say something and then i felt like an idiot..lol

I was starting to feel like the only one there for a moment.. DH was looking at it with me and is like "thats a cool idea".. and i thought "hmm.. i could use that for a bachelorette party for _____" and then I say something and then i felt like an idiot..lol

Sorry!!!!!!!!!! :hug: I didn't want to make you feel like an idiot :sad2:

I just wanted to see what you saw! :rotfl:

wow, this is a big balloon debate! haha I didn't even THINK of that, and I don't think it was my sister's intention! :rotfl2: haha but good observation! we had to go to bobby's parents house for his brother's 18th b-day so I have been gone all evening. i will have part of friday up tomorrow. it is the bridesmaids luncheon/tea, getting everyoe checked into the hotel (nightmare) and rehersal and rehersal dinner!

lol I feel like such a loser with a perverted mind..lol:lmao: No wait, I shouldnt be laughing..:sad2: Shame on me.
(I was only kidding Karen :rotfl: )
Cant wait till your next installment Heather.

FRIDAY Jan. 5th

We all got up at different times, but everyone knew good and well to be ready to go at 10:30. (b4 everyone had gotten to NOLA I e mailed them wedding weekend itineraries and told them to print and being them so no one had an excuse for not being somewhere eon time, and I made one for the groomsmen, too. You know how guys can be….) I was hosting a bridesmaid lunch/tea at a place called the English Tea room from 11-1. its really cute. You get a private room and you have real “high tea” everyone gets to pick as many pots of tea as they want and they have like 135 flavors or something. They bring out two different courses, sandwiches/cheese etc. and then scones and little pasteries/desserts. They play nice relaxing music and you eat/drink off of nice china. The ladies that own it are from England and are so sweet, we love it there!
Ok s anyway, my dad was taking bobby and the other 2 boyfriends to breakfast at the Broken Egg. Yum yum. (they have one in NOLA and one in Destin if anyone had been?) If not you should tr it. It’s an old house and they made the diff. rooms into a restaurant and have a huge/extensive breakfast menu…so good. I was almost a little jealous I wasn’t going! So the guys actually left before us and when the other bridesmaids and bobbys mom got there, we left for the tea.
Everything went well and it was so relaxing just to sit and hang out. I also gave my girls there BM gifts here. I gave them monogrammed handkerchiefs my flower girls mom monogrammed for me, they each got a nice soap, and a handmade necklace and earnings a girl from London made for me for them to wear to the wedding. They were ssooo pretty. Brown ribbon with a few brown beads and a cross pendant and brown and blue earrings to match my colors. Everyone seemed to like them!

100_2227.jpg

our little private room

HeathersweddingJan-1.jpg

one of the trays. they put one on each end of the table and we had two courses

The food was so good and I had two teas that were both wonderful, one was called wedding blend and one was called white chocolate moouse. Yummy! I went over some things on the itinerary b/c today is where it gets complicated. We were going back to my house after the tea, loading up the cars, and driving the 30 minutes into the French quarter to our hotel. My parents booked the presidential suite for Friday and Saturday night, and I would stay with them that night (fri) and all the girls would come to our suite to get ready Saturday (that’s why we wanted a big suite!) most of the other girls (all but 2) were staying there as well. I liked having everyone close by! But it would be complicated b/c we had to pack everything, wedding dress and all, and we were not coming back so we couldn’t forget anything. And other thing were complicated I will explain in the next installment.
We enjoyed the rest of the tea, and headed back to my house.

n61700476_30298436_8880.jpg

i look so exhausted haha

That room is really cute! What a fun wedding weekend! I love how your shirt matches your wedding colors. Such a nice touch :)

thanks! yeah I got a bit obsessed with blue and brown after I decided on those as my wedding colors haha. my mom did her bedroom and bathroom in blue and brown, too! shes so funny. well gtg get ready, going out to eat with bobby and my parents tonight while they are in town!

We got back to my house and all the girls started packing up their things. I had a lot to do b/c I had a suitcase for the honeymoon that was going in my car which bobby was driving to his hotel b/c he was going to drop it off when he checked into our wedding night hotel the next day, so I had to make sure there was nothing there I needed with me. I also had a bag just for the wedding weekend Friday night and Saturday and my makeup, jewelry, etc. not to mention my huge dress, slip, and veil. We also had to bring all the stuff we were bringing to the rehearsal at the church (programs, a small table, sign in books, marriage license, etc.) it was a mess trying to figure out what goes with who. We also had food and drinks and things were were brining for the hotel, and all my mom, dad, and sisters clothes and dresses, my dads tux…bah! It as crazy! The girls were very patient and waited b/c they were following us over there. It took 30 min. or so to get it all in, and we were off in a 5 car caravan into the city. Bobby went to his hotel to meet up with his folks and we made it to ours.
We get to the hotel and pull into the parking garage/valet place (it is all valet) and we have 5 cars that need to be unloaded and parked and they have ONE valet and ONE bellhop. Now, my dad is NOT a patient man and he started getting annoyed. My mom went to check in with the other girls getting rooms and my dad asked the bellhop why he wasn’t unloading. Well, apparently they keep the carts you load stuff on in a locked up room, and the managers have the key, and all the managers were in a meeting with their phones off! How DUMB is that! It was 300, prime check in time, come on people, think! So we finally get the cart and had the delicate job of getting my dress out. My dress wrinkles very easily and my dad starts yanking it out of the car and my mom is freaking out…it was a little tense for a minute! We finally got everyone’s tuff loaded up and we headed to the elevators. It was madness. Everyone kind of looked at me like “what do we do now” and they were all on the 6th floor, us on the fourth, so I said “yall go up to your room, bellman follow us, drop off our stuff then bring them their stuff, yall meet my sister downstairs at 5 to follow her to the church, I have to go!” and with that, everyone was gone. I breathed a sigh of relief. This was not going to be an easy weekend!
We finally got my mom dad and I settled into our suite, and it was absolutely beautiful. It had a HUGE master bedroom and bath, a hallway half bath, and the hallway opens up into a huge living room with separate dining room that steps up, and 2 balconies. It was awesome! The excitement was short lived b/c I realized it was 3:30 and we had to leave by 4:45. the rehearsal started at 5:30, but I told everyone 5:15 so no one would be late (I’m evil, I know) and I was supposed to be there at 5:15 to go over some things. Well, I still had to take a shower! I took one fast as lightning, and began to blow dry my hair. I have think hair, so this took awhile. I literally did not STOP I was in fast mode. I was pretty much shaking I was hurrying so much. I straightened my hair and started with my makeup. My dad said we had 10 minutes. What! I wasn’t even dressed yet! I put on my dress, hurried with my makeup, and didn’t even really get to see what I looked like. My dad went ahead downstairs to get the car and we got in. whew. We were headed down canal street to first Baptist church New Orleans, and thought everything would be fine, until we hit massive amounts of….Friday afternoon traffic.:scared1:

Up next: rehearsal and rehearsal dinner….and my crazy grandmother.

***I will have pics up of our suite in the next installment, I have to scan them!
:surfweb:

Heather - they also have a broken egg restaurant in Siesta Key Florida! It is amazing! I am from Indy, originally Ohio and whenever we go down there it is the first place we eat! :goodvibes

tinkbride- thats cool! i didnt know there was one there, too! isnt it the BEST?!?! i dont know what i would do if there wasn't one 10 minutes form my house! my sis used to work there and it was wonderful!:cloud9:

Oh no, I hope you made your rehearsal on time! Sounds like your day was rather intense! Reading your wedding weekend recap is reminding me of the tons of things I have to do :worried:

We finally made it to the church at 5:25. but remember I told everyone 5:15 just so they wouldn’t be late. We walk in, and we are almost the last ones there! Everyone gave me a really hard time about it, and I annoyed b/c I HATE being late, I am never late! :sad2: Uh! Late for my own rehearsal that I had harped on everyone being on time for. Oh well. To many things on my mind other than that to worry about! Everyone else trickled in and our two ceremony coordinators, Harriett and dale got everything started. We had a big bridal party, 8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, 4 ushers, flower girl, ring bearer. And my friend was a reader and another friend a soloist. So there were a lot of people there, including spouses/boyfriends/girlfriends etc. and the grandparents.

HeathersweddingJan-2.jpg

the only pic with me in it of the rehersal haha. btw, I LOVED my dress! I was so proud!

heather_wedding_005.jpg

bobby being goofy. the two guys on teh left are his half brothers, our preachers and on the right is bobbys dad.

heather_wedding_006.jpg

my sis and Grace and my girls being so patient!:)

It was fun to be in the church and kind of hang out. We ran through everything, made sure the girls knew to hold the flowers low, not turn their backs to the audience or lock their knees, etc. the girls were easy. Boys are a different story. They are so difficult! Ok, so the church has a center aisle, but also splits halfway from front and back. So I wanted each bridesmaid to walk half way by themselves and then be met at the middle walkway by the groomsman they would walk with, and then walk the rest of the way down with them. I thought it was cute. Well, you would have think we asked them to build a rocket ship out of q-tips, b/c they just couldn’t get it! The timing, how to walk properly, etc. BOYS! Ok. So we ran though I think 2 or three times and that was that. Oh, also, bobby’s two half brothers are preachers and they were doing our ceremony, his real brother was a groomsman, his dad best man, and his half sis a bridesmaid, so his whole fam was in the wedding! Haha. We finally thought we had everything down, and we signed our real marriage liscense. We were going to sign a fake one up on stage at the wedding. We are sneaky! We had printed out directions to our rehearsal dinner so we handed them out, and said “lets go!” most people ended up following me and bobby and didn’t use the directions anyway! Haha.

Up next: rehearsal dinner, sweet surprise, and crazy grandmothers

Oh and here are the pics of our suite we had Friday and sat. (even though I didn’t get to stay in it again sat night, sad) we learned a lot from my sisters wedding. We live 30 min. outside New Orleans, and we didn’t do hotel roms for her wedding and just drove home that night. We were SO tired it was miserable, so it was nive for my parents to just hop over to the hotel in the Quarter and sleep in and then head home. We had my next door neighbor bring my gifts home so my parents wouldn’t have to deal with that.!

heather_wedding_018.jpg

this was taken about midway down the hall, it was a long hall! to the right was the huge bedroom and bathroom which i got No pics of! and in the hallway is a half bath.

heather_wedding_019.jpg

this is to the left down the hallway. i slept on that sofa pull out! what bride has to sleep on a sofa bed night b4 her wedding! haha

heather_wedding_020.jpg

pretty

heather_wedding_021.jpg

to the right was this nice step up and table.:cheer2:

Yay! A new update!

Ooh! Ooh! Tell me why you decided to sign a fake marriage license during the ceremony...inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Yay! A new update!

Ooh! Ooh! Tell me why you decided to sign a fake marriage license during the ceremony...inquiring minds want to know! ;)

haha well, we knew there would be SO much going on the night of the ceremony we didn't want to chance losing it/it being misplaced or someone having to be "in charge" of it. so we signed it ahead of time just to not have to "deal with it" i guess. there was already so many things to remember! good question though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter