• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift bags for adults

Mickeefan

DIS Veteran
Okay. I'm going Nov. 30 with two girlfriends. One has never been to Disney, the other has. I'm definately the most excited of the three of us and I'd like to "share" my excitement with them. I'd like to give them "goodie bags" when we arrive at the Orlando airport, but I'm not sure what types of things to put in for adults. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

98 days to go!

Anything that they'll need but probably not know to pack would be great. Disney Dollars are always good. Sunblock for lips is something a lot of people don't think about. Moleskin and a good foot soak for the evenings would be appreciated.

It would probably also be nice to include at least one thing with a Disney theme. You might consider socks, earrings, or something like that.

I gave my friend an autograph book and pen :) I also got her a keychain and name badge.
Also socks are good. I LOVE my disney socks.

Maybe see if someone here could send you recent park maps, they always get me excited. a little plush beanie goes down well what however old you are :teeth: maybe a mickey ears or a hat, the pen and book idea is also a good one. A roll of pennies and a list of the pressed pennies machines, a list of hidden mickeys to find.
I will try and think of somemore. not all gifts need to be adult like, afterall we are all kids when you go to WDW

Emma

These are some of the things I put in a gift bag for my sister (age 23 at the time) when I took her a few years ago.

-sunblock
-WDW t-shirt (bought it on-line)
-a pair of Mickey Mouse earrings
-a Pooh umbrella
-some Disney Dollars
-some Tigger socks
-magazines to read on the flight down
-some candy and gum
-peppermint foot lotion
-Disney themed bandaids

There were a few other little things that I can't remember right now. She loved it, though!! And it was so much fun putting it all together.

Those ideas are great. I was planning on some Disney dollars, but the lip sunblock is a great idea. I was also thinking about a small bottle of antibacterial hand wash from Bath and Body, maybe. These ideas have given me a great start.

Another thing to add that won't cost much would be to make them a travel activity pack of Disney related puzzles and games from the internet. I created a list of them that I shared with the Disney Dollarless group and they made it a permanent feature on their website. There are links on the page that would let you create your own puzzles that you can customize however you like to be a special keepsake for your trip. Check it out!

http://www.disneydollarless.com/articles/mickeysaver070402.shtml

Good luck! Mickey

Extra film, or a disposable camera, sunglasses, those strings to put on your glasses so you can hang them around your neck, Brita water bottle, maybe a fanny pack (if they'll wear one), a hat or sunvisor (everyone I take to Disney insists they won't need one, then buys one when we get there!).

one great idea is a waterproof disposable camera...this way you can take it to the pool or a waterpark if you go to one.!
maybe you could do a generic gift certificate for Mickey Bars, or some popcorn when you are watching the fireworks!
-

I've done these several times for adults in my group and they always enjoy the Disney Pez dispensers. I buy them at the Dollar General ($1 each) and buy refills of the candy and Pez gum at Toys R Us for about $1 or so each. It's inexpensive and fun. The plush toy is a good idea, because if you're at a Disney resort, the adults have as much fun as children when they return to the room and their characters are "doing" funny things. I get them "on clearance" at Disney Store Online. Depending on how much you intend to spend, I've ordered Guest of Honor badges and autograph books from Jane's Gifts of a Lifetime. They were greatly enjoyed. Have a wonderful trip. I love going to WDW with people who have never been. It's such an adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter