Gift for Christmas - on the less expensive side

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I used my Visa Disney Points to get sleep pants and t-shirrs for the boys
The girls get Disney purses and sweatshirts
Also Disney key chains with names - they boys get star wars in some strange star wars names

I am getting a foaming soap for the bathroom, a candle for the table, and nice smelling hand sanitizers
Yes still used at work and at the food store on hands

Any other ideas for less expensive gifts for under the tree ?
Thank you
Money is tight this year - I am not working at the moment

Candy?
Special snacks they like?
Walmart and Target have some gift sets of things like shampoo, shaving, lip balms, etc for reasonable prices.

What ages are you looking for?

I have been unemployed for nearly three years now, so I understand about a tight budget. I simply set a shopping limit and watch places like Walmart, Target, and Amazon for sales on things I think the recipients would like. Gifts don’t have to be expensive to be liked.

If you want something fun for the whole family, you can often find games very reasonably priced. One of my favorites is Mad Libs. You can use the booklet over and over and it comes out different every time, and most of the time they are hilarious. They are great for the family to do together or for the kids to do with their friends. There are even Disney themed ones.

I also agree that personal items can be good for stocking stuffers. Things like lip balm, skin care, that sort of thing. A favorite snack is also good for stockings. Accessories like phone cases or cables can be found at reasonable prices also, if they are into tech.

I would like my favorite cookies in my stocking. So for me if you made rice crispy treats I would be happy. ( I don’t need the whole servings. Enjoy them . Keep me a large one) I like Carmel's from aldis. DS like a bottle of blue soda from farm and fleet $2 and butter flavored jelly beans and lemon flavored pez. DH likes home made fudge. So I would just think of the person and get their inexpensive favorite. And I truely like one pair of dollar store gloves each year. And I am all for a used book for good will. And I would be happy with a used dvd from there too.

Sounds like you have planned things perfectly! Kids need to feel loved more than things, sounds like you have got that covered. Best wishes for a peaceful holiday season.

Do you have an Aldi nearby? I find lots of nice gourmet-like treats there, this time of year they will have an aisle dedicated to it. They also have a lot of other random gift things each week - you can check their flyer online to see what is out this coming week.

RiteAid Pharmacy had cool nail covering kits that are real nail polish but go on like the old stick on nails. $10 I have to wonder if Amazon had something similar at a better price point. Small puzzle games from the Dollar Store.

Thank you for posting. The love and heart going into your thoughtful gifts are way more meaningful than a lot of us are doing.

What about tickets to something? We're going minimal this year, and I got my dad tickets to the circus. Tickets start at $15 or $16 depending on venue, so if that's within your per person budget, it could be a nice family outing not too long after Christmas.

I made all the ginger bread pieces - per the recipe - you leave it on the counter on a baking rack to "dry" out during the day

So the house pieces are now drying.

Maybe the Friday before Christmas weekend I will put the house together.
Then it can harder, before the decorating begins.

I also made a star, Christmas tree, rocking horse, stepping"stones", bell, snowman and a butterfly - out of the left over dough - to also be decorated Maybe attached to the house, or place in the "yard".

I know a butterfly is not a Christmas decoration, but I did not want to repeat and that was the only large cookie cutter I had ........ Oh well :eeyore:

I made all the ginger bread pieces - per the recipe - you leave it on the counter on a baking rack to "dry" out during the day

So the house pieces are now drying.

Maybe the Friday before Christmas weekend I will put the house together.
Then it can harder, before the decorating begins.

I also made a star, Christmas tree, rocking horse, stepping"stones", bell, snowman and a butterfly - out of the left over dough - to also be decorated Maybe attached to the house, or place in the "yard".

I know a butterfly is not a Christmas decoration, but I did not want to repeat and that was the only large cookie cutter I had ........ Oh well :eeyore:
It sounds wonderful and your house must smell amazing. I started this tradition with a good friend and her two kids with my three to get together to decorate gingerbread houses. My first year I made it from scratch and I didn’t let it harden and it was a hot mess. We got the kits instead the rest of the years. Yesterday was our get together with the two families and they kids are all now teens. I didn’t realize the kit I bought this year I had to bake the cookies to decorate so we didn’t have time but it still brings us together every year.

We've successfully used graham crackers for building 'gingerbread' houses. Each kid builds and decorates their own house and can take it home with them. We've also done "cookie kits" from the local grocery store. Each kit has about a dozen cookies, 4 colors of frosting, and some sprinkles and such. Keeps the kids busy so the grownups can visit!

I know this is late, but one of my favorite gifts (to give AND to get) is the foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works. I watch the sales all fall and can usually get a bottle for about $3. It feels like a fancy gift, smells terrific (lots of scents from which to choose), and $3.50 (gotta figure in the tax) fits my budget for gifts to teachers, coaches, etc. Hand soap might seem weird but since Covid we've focused WAY more on hand-washing, so this seems like a nice gift. I tie and curl ribbon around the neck of the bottle and it looks like a fancy present!

ANother website to watch is Penzey's Spices. They run deals on their gift packs throughout November and December. Most are somewhat expensive (easily out of my budget) but I got the "Joy of Cinnamon" mini gift box for $5. It contains a 1/2 cup jar Cinnamon Sugar, a 1/4 cup jar Vietnamese Cinnamon, and a 1/4 cup jar Penzeys Cinnamon. I ordered during a time when shipping was free for $25 in purchases and as I was ordering stuff for home, it made sense to pick up some of these boxes. I gave them to teachers, my sisters, took one to a Yankee Swap, etc. I think it worked out pretty well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter