Gifting to family

ronscham

Earning My Ears
Quick question, if a direct DVC contract is gifted to a family member, do you know if it keeps the direct status? I.E. Do they still receive all of the DVC member benefits? Thanks in advance!

Quick question, if a direct DVC contract is gifted to a family member, do you know if it keeps the direct status? I.E. Do they still receive all of the DVC member benefits? Thanks in advance!
If a gratuitous transfer, yes.

If a gratuitous transfer, yes.
Thank you so much for your response. Would you also happen to know, does the gifted contract have to be 100 or more points for it to qualify as well? Sorry, I would have asked with the original post but I just thought of that.

Thank you so much for your response. Would you also happen to know, does the gifted contract have to be 100 or more points for it to qualify as well? Sorry, I would have asked with the original post but I just thought of that.
If the gifted contract is qualified for blue card status and is transferred via a gratuitous transfer (meaning no $ payment involved) to a family member, then the blue card status transfers with it no matter whether it would qualify currently or not. If it's transferred via a sale, then it loses its blue card status no matter how many points it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter