Girls-only Trip~Old thread, see first post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx for giving us a new & shiny thread Beth!!

Hello ladies.....thank you for all your kind words, thoughts & prayers. I feel blessed to have so many friends at this time. :hug:

Just a reminder, if you haven't signed up for the snack table yet at the Meet-n-Greet party.........we could use more "salty" or "healthy" choices....we seem to be good on the sweets (but of course, more sweets are always good too) :rotfl:

I'm here! I'm here! I just got home a little bit ago and decided to pop in and there was a brand new thread waiting and everything!

Sarah - did you get your photo email from Brightroom yet? I'm having fun looking through what photos there were of me. I look so exhausted, lol.

ETA: Wanted to share a photo from during the half (and after)!

TinkerbellBrightroom2.png
TinkerbellBrightroom1.png

I just wanted to say HELLO!

I love brandy-spanking new things. :love:

PS - Super cute pics Jessica

I'm here! I was told I wasn't logged in too but I was. hmmm
Kelly, I'm going to say NOT to take Dramamine. It will make you drousy. My hub and son took it on our first cruise and they both had to go take a nap. My son slept so long when he woke up he asked what day it was. He thought he slept until the next day and was so worried that he missed a day.
Try taking Bonnie, not sure on the spelling, it works really well and most ships have them available for free each morning.
Does anyone remember how long we stayed at the BBQ last trip? It will give us an idea of when to stop eating -gasp!- and head over to the drivers cars.

I'm here! I was told I wasn't logged in too but I was. hmmm
Kelly, I'm going to say NOT to take Dramamine. It will make you drousy. My hub and son took it on our first cruise and they both had to go take a nap. My son slept so long when he woke up he asked what day it was. He thought he slept until the next day and was so worried that he missed a day.
Try taking Bonnie, not sure on the spelling, it works really well and most ships have them available for free each morning.
Does anyone remember how long we stayed at the BBQ last trip? It will give us an idea of when to stop eating -gasp!- and head over to the drivers cars.

I also really recommend Bonine aka Meclizine, it's works wonderfully. I've been on a couple of cruises and took that the whole time and never got sick and we hit some really big seas on the way up to Alaska. I just restocked my supply for this trip. You can buy it over the counter at the pharmacy window, I got mine at Sam's Club and only paid like $4 for a 100 tablets. I start taking it a day or two before I travel so I know it's in my system.

The Disboards are going crazy. :scared1: I quoted VintageDisneyRules but it shows her post after mine now and in the future. Crazy...

I'm here!
Happy February Eve, Divas! :woohoo:

Geesh, first people are complaining because the DIS is soooo sloooow, now because the posts are a little out of order or posting into the future... :rotfl2:

Just a little tip about medication for motion sickness.
Dramamine: My pharmacist advised taking a half-pill the day before you need to begin using them, to help ward off the sleepiness. It seemed to help.

Bonine: I've used this lately and it works well, too. All I care about is that my tummy is OK, and both work for me. :thumbsup2

:cool1: a new home!
Who is coming on Wednesday night?
During the trip? I'll be arriving Wednesday night, on the bus around 8-8:30. Kandace, Jamay, Daisy and Jill will be there Wed. as well.

The Disboards are going crazy. :scared1: I quoted VintageDisneyRules but it shows her post after mine now and in the future. Crazy...
I know! I replied to your questions but it went and posted it a page prior to your post. It's wacky!!! :rotfl:

This photo is so cute!!!

I went to my first yoga class tonight at the gym I do my training at - it was some tough stuff! There was this pose called the Goddess...I felt very ungoddess-like :rotfl: It was more stripper-like haha... Tomorrow I will be very sore.

So, I was able to move everything over for my field trip. We are going for Deaf Entertainers weekend on March 16-18th. I am super excited that the trip can still happen.

Has anyone had groceries delivered to the GC?

Thanks so much to everyone who answered my questions. I usually haven't had to take any dramamine for flying lately but since we fly in that morning and the cruise doesn't leave till 5 that night I think I will take some then and see how that goes. I told my mom worst case scenario if it REALLY bothers me I can get off when we stop in Catalina the next day and just drive up to Disney and hope to find a cheap hotel and they can stay on the boat. Hopefully that won't happen but glad we won't be in Florida with our first stop being on some Island LOL.

I realized I looked at my calendar wrong and as of Monday we will only have 2 weeks till the trip. SO excited albeit now a bit nervous about the cruise part but hoping and praying for the best. And really excited about the diva part eventhough we won't be going to a lot of it still looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Have a great day all!! :)

I never have since I live close, I just pack what I need or go to a local grocery store.

I know the other Jen just had stuff delivered from Vons last week. You may want to ask her for details.

T
So, I was able to move everything over for my field trip. We are going for Deaf Entertainers weekend on March 16-18th. I am super excited that the trip can still happen.

Glad you were able to move the trip. We have had groceries delivered to the villas from Vons several times. It is very easy. The Grand will sign for and hold your groceries if you are not there - they have fridges and freezers. You just can not have alcohol in the delivery if you won't be there to sign. If you are also ordering alcohol, then you need to choose a delivery window when you will be available. I have it delivered prior to arrival so once we are in the room, I call down to Bell services and they bring them up. It makes life very easy!

Good morning, ladies. Happy Hump Day!! I wonder what antics the DIS will have in store for us today. :rotfl:
Not too many of the ladies have made it over to check out the new place yet. Hopefully the DIS wasn't giving them too much hassle.

Oh, good! Glad it all worked out.

SO excited albeit now a bit nervous about the cruise part but hoping and praying for the best.
Now don't do what I do and fret about it. I worry and worry about things and end up psyching myself out!! lol So I pretty much insure the one thing I didn't want to happen, does. Just relax, take precautions, and you'll have a great time.

Morning! I have one more day off before I have to go back from work so I am going to take advantage and relax and catch up on things that I need to catch up on. Yay!

I'm here! I'm here! I just got home a little bit ago and decided to pop in and there was a brand new thread waiting and everything!

Sarah - did you get your photo email from Brightroom yet? I'm having fun looking through what photos there were of me. I look so exhausted, lol.

ETA: Wanted to share a photo from during the half (and after)!

TinkerbellBrightroom2.png
TinkerbellBrightroom1.png

Here's my finish line one and the one after. There's not too many of me I think because my bib was to the side so I'm going to have to look through all the pictures and find more.

232323232%7Ffp43448%3Enu%3D34%3B6%3E555%3E432%3E25%3A7555523235ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp43587%3Enu%3D34%3B6%3E555%3E434%3E25%3A7555525235ot1lsi

Sarah, I love your photo crossing the finish line. I'll have to go back and take a look at mine again. I didn't really get a good one at the end I don't think. How was it running in your costume?

Sarah, I love your photo crossing the finish line. I'll have to go back and take a look at mine again. I didn't really get a good one at the end I don't think. How was it running in your costume?

I have no complaints. It's really light weight and comfortable. The boot covers stayed up the whole time too. I got a little hot near the end but no more than normal.

I just signed up for the Disneyland Half and I want to dress up for that one. It was a lot of fun running in costume, especially the last few miles when I really wanted to slow down but people kept shouting, "Go Peter!". :)

I'm thinking an Ariel costume this time. :thumbsup2

disney-princess-costumes-ariel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter