Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Sunday November 28, 2021-Magic Kingdom Firsts
This was our 1st park day and we started with the Magic Kingdom. If I had my way I would start with MK and end with MK.

The park was opening at 8, with early entry at 7:30 and closing at 8. We had an early dinner ADR at Tony's for 3:45 and the Enchantment Dessert Pre-Party. I really wanted to be able to see the fireworks so I didn't want to be fighting for a spot, plus Dennis and Danielle had never been to a party at this point.

So many 1st for today. This would be our 1st time using Genie +, we would be seeing the park fully decked out for the 50th celebration., we would be seeing the golden statues for the 1st time, seeing Enchantment for the 1st time, seeing the updated Confectionary, new scenes in Philarmagic and of course all the decorations.
We walked out of our building bright and early at 6:45 am.
1711069744980.png
We ended up making it inside the park a little after 7:30 so we decided to skip making a run for the rides. I had already gotten our first LL for Jingle Cruise. The Christmas & 50the decorations were beautiful.
1711069866155.png
1711069903832.png
1711069926858.png

We ended up spending some time shopping. There was a sweater Danielle was just dying to have and she knew her Dad would buy it for her, and she was right. She had seen it on Derek Hough's fiancée when they were taping the Christmas shows and parade. I think they posted a dance number on Tik Tok she saw. She will be wearing it in lots of photos from this trip.

As it got closer to 8 we made our way to line up for entry into Adventureland so our first ride could be BTMRR.

1711070112112.png
Yep, December 2021 and we're still wearing masks inside and inside on rides.

We then did Pirates with a 5 minute wait.
1711070198469.png
Haunted Mansion had a 15 minute wait.
1711070358101.png
1711070386448.png
1711070405726.png
It was only about 9 am by this time but we were ready for a snack. Dennis and Danielle went to get cinnamon rolls from Gaston's while headed to Cheshire Cat for a Cat Tail. Seating was limited so they met me for a table in Fantasyland. I grabbed my first 50th statues while I was headed to Cheshire Cat.
1711070576539.png

Continued in next post.

1711070851328.png

1711070876633.png

We next headed to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz.
1711070944222.png

1711070967622.png
1711070986590.png

We took advantage of the closeness of Monsters Inc and visited with the Monsters to provide some laughs and since we were right there we had to do our Family Favorite Carousel of Progress. I got a photo of the beginning and the end and I might have napped a little in between.
1711071160849.png
1711071185281.png
1711071206281.png
I grabbed a photo of Stitch as we made our way out of Tomorrowland on our way to Adventureland and the Jingle Cruise.

1711071304567.png
We came across Piglet and Pooh on our way to Adventureland.
1711071490374.png

Continued in next post.

As we entered Adventureland we found Abu and then Orange Bird.
1711071585363.png
1711071603813.png

I just love Jungle Cruise and the addition of Christmas decorations and jokes make it even better. We knew this was a must do and we had made it a priority for our first LL.

1711071661058.png

1711071693794.png
1711071726493.png
It was around 11 am now and we were ready for another snack so we made our way to Liberty Square to grab a lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House. This was another 1st since it was the first time it was open for us since before Covid. We did catch the 50th Mickey Celebration Cavalcade along the way.
1711071911477.png

1711071936815.png

We love getting a table upstairs and just relaxing. I'm ready to go back to CHH. I'm hoping we make time to go here next month.

I think we had a LL for Pooh next so we headed over to Fantasyland. I grabbed a photo of Cogsworth and Lumiere along the way. I can tell you Dennis and Danielle's patience was running thin by this point with all the stopping.
1711072154542.png
1711072177988.png
I made of point of stopping for another snack. We just had to have the Snow White and Grumpy cones. These were so good and gone in no time.
1711072322100.png

It was after 12 by now and we were ready to take a break. We slowly made our way out of the park.

We went through the castle to make our way to Main Street. Everyone should walk through the castle at least once a trip.
1711072593451.png
When we made it to Casey we had to stop to listen to the Corner Pianist. Can you see the little Boy? He was so cute.
I'm also happy to say Danielle is a fan of the Pianist and she had her friends stop with her often to listen.
1711072712325.png
Another Christmas Tree photo. Can you see all the Gold?
1711072775329.png
Danielle wanted a photo in front of the tree showing off her new sweater.
1711072817412.png
We caught the Dapper Dans performing as we hit the Train Station. This is another favorite of mine. I could watch them every trip.
1711072889540.png
Goodbye Magic Kingdom for now. We'll be back in a few hours.
1711072934027.png
We had a great morning in the MK and did lots of things on our must do list. We would be back for our early dinner and Enchantment Dessert Party and to see actually see Enchantment.

If I had my way I would start with MK and end with MK.

It’s funny that we all have favorite parks to begin and end our trip! Traditionally I’ve started at Epcot but I agree it’s most magical to end with MK.

So many 1st for today. This would be our 1st time using Genie +, we would be seeing the park fully decked out for the 50th celebration., we would be seeing the golden statues for the 1st time, seeing Enchantment for the 1st time, seeing the updated Confectionary, new scenes in Philarmagic and of course all the decorations.

Wow, that is a lot of firsts! I’ll be interested to read about your thoughts on all these new things!

As we entered Adventureland we found Abu

I’ve never seen the Abu statue featured - how adorable! I love Abu.

I just love Jungle Cruise and the addition of Christmas decorations and jokes make it even better.

The Jingle Cruise always looks so fun! One of these years I’ll make it to Disney during the holidays so we can experience it.

I grabbed a photo of Cogsworth and Lumiere along the way. I can tell you Dennis and Danielle's patience was running thin by this point with all the stopping.

I’m so glad you took (and shared) all these pictures! Cogsworth and Lumiere are such a great duo.

You had a great start to your day!

This was our 1st park day
Always the best day! :goodvibes
and we started with the Magic Kingdom.
Best way to start.
::yes::
We had an early dinner ADR at Tony's for 3:45 and the Enchantment Dessert Pre-Party.
I remember when Tony's was a place to avoid, not all that long ago... but now? I tend to go there almost every trip. :)

Why do you prefer the pre-party as opposed to the after or during parties?
Lots of firsts! I'm sure if/when I get back there I'll have a ton, too.
There was a sweater Danielle was just dying to have and she knew her Dad would buy it for her, and she was right.
:laughing:
1711070112112.png
I almost didn't see you lurking in the back, there!
We then did Pirates with a 5 minute wait.
Not bad!
Nice shot of you both. :)
I grabbed my first 50th statues while I was headed to Cheshire Cat.
Ah! So that explains it. I'd heard the Cheshire Cat statue had been stolen. It was you.
As you may (or may not) recall, I wasn't a fan of the Cheshire Cat Tail... but... was it always wavy like that? I seem to recall it being more straight.
Carousel of Progress. I got a photo of the beginning and the end and I might have napped a little in between.
:lmao:
As we entered Adventureland we found Abu and then Orange Bird.
You sure found a lot of statues!
I just love Jungle Cruise and the addition of Christmas decorations and jokes make it even better.
::yes:: I really enjoyed Jingle Cruise. Glad you did too!
we made our way to Liberty Square to grab a lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House.
mmmm... I could so go for a lobster roll right now. Yummmmm...
I grabbed a photo of Cogsworth and Lumiere along the way. I can tell you Dennis and Danielle's patience was running thin by this point with all the stopping.
We just had to have the Snow White and Grumpy cones.
I've not heard of those. Are they still around? Or were they seasonal?
Everyone should walk through the castle at least once a trip.
When we made it to Casey we had to stop to listen to the Corner Pianist.
You have to! He's so good!
Can you see the little Boy? He was so cute.
:goodvibes
Danielle wanted a photo in front of the tree showing off her new sweater.
Very nice sweater. I can see why she wanted it. :)
We caught the Dapper Dans performing as we hit the Train Station. This is another favorite of mine. I could watch them every trip.
Me too! They're great!

One of the great things about being Disney fans is that they are always adding or changing things within the parks, so even after years of visiting, there's still a lot of new to explore! You had a lot of those this day.
I've never seen the Abu statue before! I'll have to keep an eye out for him in April.

The Cheshire Cat tail looks really tasty. Just the early morning park snack pick me up needed.

You are very right, everyone should walk through the castle once a trip!

Love Danielle's sweater. It looks very cozy.

It’s funny that we all have favorite parks to begin and end our trip! Traditionally I’ve started at Epcot but I agree it’s most magical to end with MK.

What is your favorite park?

Wow, that is a lot of firsts! I’ll be interested to read about your thoughts on all these new things!

Genie + is sometimes a necessary evil. I'm still resentful that Fast Passes were taken away but until this point there was only waiting in stand by lines since the park had reopened. I saw something Touring Plans had posted stating that Genie + is not as helpful as it was in avoiding long lines from the time when it first started. You can't get as many rides as you could when it first rolled out, too many people are using it now.

I loved looking for the statues, almost like a scavenger hunt. They are still in the park and the need interactions when you get near them with a Magic + band is fun, but sometimes when you're rushing by it can startle you.

The Christmas decorations combined with the 50th anniversary was a nice touch. I was glad to see the traditional decorations this past Christmas.

The Confectionary was so much to see. It's always so busy in there.

I love the new scenes in Philarmagic but Enchantment was just ok. I'm a big fan of Happily Ever After.

I’ve never seen the Abu statue featured - how adorable! I love Abu.

He is cute. You have to look up. I think he's on the Adventureland sign.

The Jingle Cruise always looks so fun! One of these years I’ll make it to Disney during the holidays so we can experience it.

I hope you make it some day.

I’m so glad you took (and shared) all these pictures! Cogsworth and Lumiere are such a great duo.

They were so fun to find.

You had a great start to your day!

We really did have a great day.

We use to do this every trip until Andi started to get burned out of MK! She blames all the annoying guests. :rotfl: :laughing:
We love getting a table upstairs and just relaxing. I'm ready to go back to CHH. I'm hoping we make time to go here next month.
I love eating here and sitting upstairs, it has been awhile since I have been here!
Another favorite of ours!
What a wonderful morning you had! We did a post fireworks party for Enchantment. I’m anxious to hear about your experience. I did not like the music at all. Of course I still miss Wishes! We loved this show!

What is your favorite park?

This is such a hard question - I think it changes for me every trip!

For many years my favorite was Epcot. I loved the overall vibe and exploring the countries. When I took more Disney trips between 2012 and 2016, my love for Magic Kingdom expanded due to its classic attractions. I also really grew to love Animal Kingdom - I don’t think it gets as much love as it deserves. Somehow Hollywood Studios has never topped my list, even though my favorite attraction (Tower of Terror) is there.

I think right now Magic Kingdom is my favorite, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it changed after our trip. ;)

Always the best day! :goodvibes

It really is!

Best way to start.

Something we will always agree on.

I remember when Tony's was a place to avoid, not all that long ago... but now? I tend to go there almost every trip. :)

It's a family favorite of ours. I don't want to do it every trip but we do it every few trips.

Why do you prefer the pre-party as opposed to the after or during parties?

I actually prefer the post party but we were just happy to get a party period.

Lots of firsts! I'm sure if/when I get back there I'll have a ton, too.

DW is always changing and evolving, so there is always some firsts.

I almost didn't see you lurking in the back, there!

I was my turn to go solo.

Nice shot of you both. :)

Thank you!

Ah! So that explains it. I'd heard the Cheshire Cat statue had been stolen. It was you.

He fit right into my backpack. He was a little heavy but not too bad.

:rolleyes:

As you may (or may not) recall, I wasn't a fan of the Cheshire Cat Tail... but... was it always wavy like that? I seem to recall it being more straight.

Something we will disagree on. I think the shape depends on who is making it. I have seen it straight and curvy.

You sure found a lot of statues!

I was trying to find them all.

mmmm... I could so go for a lobster roll right now. Yummmmm...

Me too!

I've not heard of those. Are they still around? Or were they seasonal?

They were seasonal. I think they were slowly making all the dwarfs and we were lucky to be there while Grumpy was the dwarf being featured.

You have to! He's so good!

He really is. I hope we catch him next month.

Very nice sweater. I can see why she wanted it. :)

It was really nice, too bad the y don't have much reason to wear sweaters in Florida.

One of the great things about being Disney fans is that they are always adding or changing things within the parks, so even after years of visiting, there's still a lot of new to explore! You had a lot of those this day.

This is one of the things that keep us coming back.

I've never seen the Abu statue before! I'll have to keep an eye out for him in April.

I'm pretty sure he was up in the Adventureland sign.

The Cheshire Cat tail looks really tasty. Just the early morning park snack pick me up needed.

Just the right amount of sweet to keep you going.

Love Danielle's sweater. It looks very cozy.

She really loved it too.

We use to do this every trip until Andi started to get burned out of MK! She blames all the annoying guests. :rotfl: :laughing:

That will certainly taint the Magic.

I love eating here and sitting upstairs, it has been awhile since I have been here!

I hope you make it back there soon.

Another favorite of ours!

They are the best!

What a wonderful morning you had! We did a post fireworks party for Enchantment. I’m anxious to hear about your experience. I did not like the music at all. Of course I still miss Wishes! We loved this show!

Enchantment was just ok. Didn't compare to Wishes or Happily Ever After. We love Wishes! I will always have a special spot in my heart for Wishes.

This is such a hard question - I think it changes for me every trip!

For many years my favorite was Epcot. I loved the overall vibe and exploring the countries. When I took more Disney trips between 2012 and 2016, my love for Magic Kingdom expanded due to its classic attractions. I also really grew to love Animal Kingdom - I don’t think it gets as much love as it deserves. Somehow Hollywood Studios has never topped my list, even though my favorite attraction (Tower of Terror) is there.

I think right now Magic Kingdom is my favorite, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it changed after our trip. ;)

It is a hard question to answer. I think as we change and the parks change our favorites change.

Danielle use to always say MK was her favorite until she worked at both parks. Epcot is her favorite now. She works in Studios but Epcot is still her favorite.

Michelle had Disney's MGM Studio as her favorite when she was young. I think a big part of that was that it was the first park she went to on her first trip in 1999. It's not her favorite anymore.

I think when you see which park you girls enjoy the most you'll see which park is your favorite.

I actually prefer the post party but we were just happy to get a party period.
Okay... same question, then. Why do you prefer the post party?
DW is always changing and evolving, so there is always some firsts.
He fit right into my backpack. He was a little heavy but not too bad.

:rolleyes:
I was trying to find them all.
You're off to a great start!
It was really nice, too bad the y don't have much reason to wear sweaters in Florida.
Heh. No, I suppose not.

Okay... same question, then. Why do you prefer the post party?

I've done both the pre and the post party. I felt like I had to hurry up and eat at the pre-party so I could get to the viewing area to get a better spot especially once they started doing the pre and post and putting both sets of people in the same viewing area. When you do the post party you can go straight to the viewing area and then fight the stream of people to get back to the party. I think fighting that stream of people is better than the hoards of people leaving the park after the fireworks. I didn't feel as rushed to finish my treats for the post party.

I've done both the pre and the post party. I felt like I had to hurry up and eat at the pre-party so I could get to the viewing area to get a better spot especially once they started doing the pre and post and putting both sets of people in the same viewing area. When you do the post party you can go straight to the viewing area and then fight the stream of people to get back to the party. I think fighting that stream of people is better than the hoards of people leaving the park after the fireworks. I didn't feel as rushed to finish my treats for the post party.
Thanks for that. I've only done (and all I've wanted to do) the party during the show. I like having a nice table and snacks to watch it. :)

Thanks for that. I've only done (and all I've wanted to do) the party during the show. I like having a nice table and snacks to watch it. :)

That does sound nice. I know lots of people like that too. Best way to avoid crowds too.

Sunday, November 28, 2021-Magic Kingdom-Dinner & Fireworks

We arrived back at the MK around 3:15 or so. We didn't have much time before our 3:45 ADR @ Tony's so we got moving.

I had to get some quick pictures before we checked in. The Train Station was looking so lovely decked out for the 50th, but sadly missing some Christmas decorations.

1711629727501.png

1711629817162.png

I did grab a photo of Lady & the Tramp as we headed down Main Street.

1711629887046.png

We popped into The Confectionery to get a quick look around. We didn't purchase anything since we were headed to Tony's in just minutes. There was so much to see and it's very light and airy in there and of course smells so Good!

1711630008784.png
We stepped back onto Main Street to see the Royal Princess Cavalcade. I love that the floats had Christmas decorations on them.

1711630089219.png
We popped back into the new 1971 tribute store to have a look around. I really wanted a look at this.

1711630174297.png
Danielle really likes the 1971 vintage stuff and has a nice collection of clothes and I think a purse or jacket or two.

It was finally time to check in for dinner @ Tony's. I know this place has gotten a bad rap but we have always liked it. We're also the family that likes Olive Garden too. I can verify that none of us have any Italian blood (we have all done Ancestry DNA) so we don't come by knowing what is good Italian food honestly. We're also not foodies.

We were seated in the light airy room right before the outside area. This was our first time sitting there, we had always been seated in the darker inside eating area.

This is the area we were seated in.

1711632808179.png

We started with the bread and Spinach dip. We really enjoyed both
1711632431564.png

1711632451759.png

I don't see a charge for the bread so it must have been included with the meal. I don't know if they still do this. We all know how stingy Disney has gotten.

Dennis got his favorite Italian and go to dish the Chicken Parmigiana. He gets this 9 out of 10 times. I'm sorry but I did not get a photo.

Danielle and I split the Italian Trio with extra chicken. It was more than enough for us and we enjoyed it. This was my first time ordering but Danielle has gotten it a few times before. I'm very sad to say it's no longer on the menu.

1711632647292.png

No desserts for us. We were holding off for the Dessert Party. We did use Danielle's CP discount for 20% off our meal.

Up next After Dinner activities and Fireworks

After our Tony's meal we headed down Main Street and caught the Disney Friends Cavalcade.
1711637425153.png

Since we needed to walk off our meal to make room for the Dessert Party we headed to Swiss Family Robinson. This is another attraction that we only do every other trip or so but still have fond memories. I really do like the movie too. I love how inventive they got to make things work for them and how it's displayed in the attraction. If you've never done this attraction you need to do it once. The views from the top are beautiful and make for lovely photos.
1711637798064.png
1711638039229.png
1711638065619.png
1711638100413.png
Is Swisskapolka stuck in your head now? It is in mine.
The view of Tron while it was still being built.
1711638199587.png
And the Castle.
1711638223496.png
1711638246929.png

1711638274148.png

1711638308346.png

I know way too many photos but it really is cool and I actually have more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter