Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Ale and Compass looks like it was pretty good.

I've never seen photos of the Flamingo Crossing apartments. It looks nice and new.

You were managing to see a lot of the statues. I just remembered I forgot to look for Orange Bird on my last trip.

Your breakfast looked delicious! I always hear great things about Ale and Compass.

Thanks for the description and pictures of Flamingo Crossing! It’s interesting to hear about those details as I was never in the DCP.

I adore all your pictures of the statues! And I’m impressed you found Tinkerbell - she was hard to find.

Oh, I know I would. I had some crawdads near Lake Charles a year or so ago, and wow! were they ever good!

How did you end up so far south?

1715317250574.png

1715317260056.png

:rolleyes:

I bet! Hidden in the foliage like that.

And it wasn't at eye level.

On the castle?

I think it was.

I've had that... and... I was disappointed. Not what I'd hoped for.

I liked it ok but prefer the jalapeno stuffed cheese one.

I’m glad you will find the weather a little more comfortable/ less humid soon. Unfortunately our lovely weather ends with a scorcher on Saturday then it’s cloudy and rainy for a week from Sunday which is as far out as the forecast goes so who knows after that :confused3 ☔:sunny:

Enjoy the good weather while you can.

Lucas isn’t particularly sporty but he enjoys the craic.

He sounds like he has a great attitude. Ireland sure has lots of great team sports with great history.

That’s right there are. Gaelic sports also have an ethos that if you train every week you will get match-time even if you’re not the best player.

I like this approach to team sports.

I once went to take a photo of my own plate of food and the boys looked at me like I’d lost my mind so you can imagine what their faces would be like if I tried to photograph theirs :scared1::rotfl2:

Dennis may not like it but he's use to it now. He did give me some funny looks at first, but he's out numbered by Michelle and Danielle.

It sounds like the perfect thing to do solo. That way you can take as long as you want without any pressure.

Exactly.

You got some great photos. Did you keep count of how many statues you saw over the whole trip?

I did not keep track. I wanted as many as I could get worried I might not see them again. Of course they are still there and I only notice them now when my Magic Band vibrates as I walk past.

That looks tasty. Glad you liked it and you didn’t have to share so even better 😋

That was the best part.

I’m looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decor with you 🎄

I'm looking forward to sharing.

Your breakfast looked delicious! I always hear great things about Ale and Compass.

I haven't been disappointed there yet.

Thanks for the description and pictures of Flamingo Crossing! It’s interesting to hear about those details as I was never in the DCP.

I know more than I should know but my knowledge is old now. Danielle has been out of the CP and PI program for almost 2 years now.

I adore all your pictures of the statues! And I’m impressed you found Tinkerbell - she was hard to find.

I was walking around in circles trying to find her until I looked up.

I’m back and catching up!
This most recent trip was more at a slower pace than I am use to.
Ale & Compass breakfast looks delicious. My younger sister is t a breakfast person so we didn’t do any sit down breakfasts.
I think resort visiting is a nice break from the parks especially around the holidays!

If the CP doesn't work their hours they can't pay their rent.
Your meal looked good! It's interesting to see the CM housing. I'm curious what happens if a CM is unable to work their hours in a given week? Do the CP CMs have to stay in those apartments? It's an interesting arrangement!

We will also be staying offsite (ouch) for part of our trip.
Dennis has a work conference in Orlando at Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. We will be just outside the bubble and the resort is one of the Disney partner hotels. We can get in early but we can't stay late.
That hotel is supposed to be really nice. If I'm not mistaken, they share the pool area with the Waldorf and have a really nice lazy river. That will be wonderful in the summer heat.
We'll be moving over to a Cars Suite at Art of Animation on Wednesday, July 2th and staying until Sunday, July 28th. Michelle and the 3 boys will be coming with us.
Fun! Won't that theming be awesome for the boys! Plus they have the cozycone pool cabanas. :)
Just to update everyone on the Boys- we have John Paul who turns 7 tomorrow, Dominic who is 2 and Gabriel who turned 1 on May the 4th. Here is a recent picture of them taken on May 1st after everyone got fresh haircuts and Gabriel got his 1st haircut.
So adorable!!!
I had really enjoyed my Crab Cake Benedict I had back in September but wanted to try something different. I got the Country Ham and Cheddar Omelet with Breakfast Potatoes, a Cappuccino with a shot of vanilla and a side of fruit. Dennis also had the omelet but had orange juice and a side of Blueberry pancakes. I have pictures of my food but none of Dennis'. He did not have the patience to wait for me to photograph his food, he was well on his way to Hangry.
It looks good! I love Ale and Compass for breakfast.
We had a good look around and then said good bye to Danielle until the next day. We drove back to Music. The All Stars are very close to Flamingo. Dennis was past ready for his nap and I was ready to do some more exploring. I had a list of things I wanted to see. I wanted to get some photos of the statues in MK and see the Christmas decorations in the monorail resorts. I had no problem with doing this on my own.
So fun to have a little solo time in the parks. :)
I finally got the Cream Cheese Pretzel and really liked it.
I need to try this!!

I've only ever had late night snacks and drinks at Ale and Compass, but breakfast looks very tasty!!! I love a little alone time, especially at MK or monorailing around the resorts. Looks like a perfect day for it!

It's interesting to see the CM housing. I'm curious what happens if a CM is unable to work their hours in a given week?

If the CP's paycheck doesn't cover rent they are sent a bill and have to pay out of pocket. I'm pretty sure it's in the lease they sign.

Do the CP CMs have to stay in those apartments?

They do not have to stay but are strongly encouraged. Rents in the area are high no matter what.

That hotel is supposed to be really nice. If I'm not mistaken, they share the pool area with the Waldorf and have a really nice lazy river. That will be wonderful in the summer heat.
They do share area with the Waldorf and I'm looking forward to trying the lazy river.

Fun! Won't that theming be awesome for the boys! Plus they have the cozycone pool cabanas. :)

That was my thoughts too.

So adorable!!!

Thank you!

It looks good! I love Ale and Compass for breakfast.

I love them too.

So fun to have a little solo time in the parks. :)

I'm enjoying my solo time more and more.

I need to try this!!

Let me know what you think.

Tiana Bayou Previews

Is everyone else excited about the Tiana news? I was excited to see the AP preview email today. My first thought was to try and do one, but Danielle's CM previews are usually better. The AP preview doesn't guarantee you'll even get to ride. It's a chance at the Virtual Queue. Danielle got her email for the CM previews after I got mine. They're blocked out of MK for June but if they get a preview they can get into ride and bring 2 guests. Group text with Michelle was immediately started. One of the dates for their previews is during their birthdays and Danielle has already been approved vacation for her birthday and 2 days before that. Girls Trip! was our first reaction but to be real Michelle can't just take off on a Girls Trip with 3 little boys. I was the adult and said I would stay back so she could go, and they could spend their birthdays together. I'll stay and help with the kiddos. It's been a long time since I had to get myself ready for work and drop a kid off at daycare. Michelle can stay with Danielle in her apartment and the flights aren't bad either. Nothing has been set in stone yet, Danielle can't even try for a preview until May 20th. Please keep your fingers crossed for them.

The ride will be open for our trip in July so I will have that to look forward to and it should be something we can LL or virtual queue.

I was already trying to figure out a short trip to ride, lol 😆 but like you, who am I kidding flights are expensive and it would cost me $$$ to maybe ride it!
We will definitely ride in early September

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter