Give up on renting DVC? Please help!

prashidzada

Earning My Ears
I've been trying to rent a DVC stay from DVC rental store and davids DVC for about 1 month now. Each time I go through the prompts, nothing is open during the dates I want to go. Should I just give up and book directly through disney or keep trying?

I am a FL resident and wondering if I should buy an AP to see if that helps with discounts.

Please advise and thank you in advance!

Which DVC location and when are you looking for a rental? Depending on the time frame there may be no availability.

Dave

When are you looking to rent,
next few weeks maybe you should goto disney direct…. More than 5 or 6 months out someone should be able to help

NOTE: Please don't post the resort and dates here, that is only allowed in response to a thread on the DVC Rent/Transfer Board.

As others have said, it will depend upon your timeframe and resort. DVC is not good for short notice rentals, most, especially studios, are booked up at 7 months prior to travel, many are sold out even before then. An Annual Pass room discount could work for you. I have used them in the past when driving down and needing a place to stay the night before checking into a DVC Resort...most cash resorts, including the value resorts, had an AP discount available on short notice.

Also, the brokers can only work with the points that they have listed with them from DVC Owners, many owners prefer to rent to people directly through websites, like our own Rent/Transfer board here on the DISBoards, or several other websites. But again, short notice booking rarely work out. DVC Availability is quite fluid, and literally changes minute by minute, though.

Good luck!

Unlike a hotel, you won't see dates open up when they are already booked.

If there are not confirmed bookings for your dates, you are out of luck this time.

Depends on what you are trying to book and how far out. DVC books at 11/7 months, so if you're trying to book Christmas, you're going to be out of luck period.

If you're trying to book peak demand rooms, like BLT/AKL/BW value or BC there's only a handful, and it's not going to happen.

You might look at confirmed reservations, lots of sites have those.

If you’re a social media user, there are a lot of groups that do DVC rentals where you could post an ISO.

Have you tried reaching out to a DVC member directly and requesting them to check availability for your specific dates? As others have said, it may be that the dates you are looking at are already booked solid, so a cash reservation may be your only option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter