Given What You Know Now

One factor is often glossed over for BWV, the much higher success rate booking standard. People do the math of points/dues of owning other resorts and say that’s cheaper to get into BWV, but how often will that actually happen? If wanting to use the majority of points in BWV std studio or 1br (or getting BW view over pool view for the point jump), BWV can be worth the cost. This is not easily quantifiable in running resort cost comparisons. Success rates need to be factored in. I don’t know that answer but safe to say an owner can do it more than half the time and non-owner less than half.

2023 BWV point chart- *6 night stay avoiding either Fri or Sat night
Season/datesSun-Thurs and Fri/Sat6 night stay*
Sept 1-309 and 1358
Jan 1-31; May 1-149 and 1459
May 15 - June 10; and10 and 1565
Dec 1-23

The only other resorts comparable to this low point cost is OKW and SSR. We bought a 50 point contract for $7k allowing over 15 days every 3 years. Perfect. It will expire when we’re in our early 70s. Fine. And we love Boardwalk! The location and resort is awesome. It‘s getting an overhaul in 2023 and another before the contract expires.

It didn’t make sense to us to buy elsewhere If we want BWV the majority of the time. What would that even look like? I would’ve needed to buy more points because we would’ve averaged a much higher point cost per night over the contract. That also means paying more dues.

There are 95 weeknights per year I can pay under $200/night, and 38 Fri or Sat under $300. Can a non-owner do this too? Sure. But how much lower are the chances they get a string of 6 nights in a row, how much more work will it entail, how often will they succeed?

The fairest way to compare BWV to others is average point cost per night using the contract. Now I know everybody doesn’t care about this and I agree other resorts can be worth their point costs… but we’re talking about how the math can work in our favor at BW. A BWV owner can achieve a much lower points/night average and that’s a huge factor in the math. It depends on individual intentions and desires though. BWV makes no sense to buy if planning to mostly stay elsewhere.
Thank you for this. These are my thoughts exactly. I’m just waiting for the right UY (December) and I think we are ready to purchase after the new year. Really excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter