Giving away credits to strangers

Brygida

DIS Veteran
I've read that others sometimes have problems giving away meals when seated at the same table. Has anyone tried to give away meals to strangers? We are definately going to have some credits left over. Could we treat some family to a dinner?

The problem comes in when you have a card that says 2 adults, 2 children and you are trying to use credits for 6 people (or whatever). Technically, you have paid for the credits and it is not a problem. However, in reality it may or may not work depending on the CM involved and what they think the rules are.

The problem in treating a family you don't know is that you really can't hand them your KTTW card (it is also a charge card and may have park admission on it.) You can certainly offer to pay for their dinner and give the server your KTTW. At CS, we've had no problem buying lunch for the person in line behind us (we talk to them while in the line and order it for them).

If you know the people, you can do it fairly easily--just hand one KTTW to the server for your meals and another card for the other meals. Yes, they are all coming out of the same credit pool, but it seems to go smoother with the servers.

Another thing you can do is send a TS dessert over to another table. We've done it twice. The 2 CMs we had were happy to do it. Always concerned about running into a family whose kids are on punishment from dessert, or a medical condition, but both times it's worked out.

Last year on our last day we had some CS credits left over during free dining. My daughter and I were on line to get Fish and Chips in UK and there was a nice elderly couple standing in front of us, we tapped them on the shoulder and told them lunch was on us. We just ordered everything together and paid with our KTTW card. They were very grateful. :thumbsup2

Last March while DH and DD were waiting for me to return from a ride Dh was approached by a gentleman offering to buy him some food. DH was skeptical and declined. He then offered it to the family sitting next to DH who accepted. Later DH started talking to the mom who said that he had extra CS credits and didn't want them to be wasted (he wanted to make sure he got his monies worth). DH said that he should have accpeted but wasn't sure if the guy was trying to scam him.

My take on this is if you want to give something to someone let them know why you're doing it. The best thing to do is strike up a conversation with the person infront/behind you in line and then treat them. Who knows, they might appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter