GKTW February Challenge - WINNERS ANNOUNCED in Post #14

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Mickey-and-Minnie-Valentine-Day-disney-8252461-472-296.jpg

Give Kids the World
February Challenge

In celebration of Valentine’s Day, we invite you to participate in the DIS Give Kids the World February Challenge! Want to help raise a million dollars for Give Kids the World? How can you show your love for families going through tough times? Here’s how to get started....

1. Form a team of 1-5 people. They do not necessarily have to be from the DIS. Your family can create a team. A group of colleagues can form one. Gather some of your DIS friends. No matter what way you form a team, do so and be ready to compete!

2. Create an official team name and send a PM to *NikkiBell* with it along with your team members first names (and DIS Board names, if applicable).

2. From February 1-29, work together as a team to collect $100 or more. Get creative! Ask for donations instead of chocolates, skip dessert during Valentine’s Day dinner and donate the difference, ask your co-workers for $10 towards the cause, etc. Post your progress and communicate with your team here on this thread.

3. Compete with other teams throughout the month. Which team will be the champion? Who will come in second? Feel free to do some “gentle” bantering back in forth. It’s all in good fun!

4. The winning team with the most amount of money raised will be posted at the end of the month. Team members will also earn a special logo to place in their signature so everyone on the DIS community can marvel at their success! Special thanks to Melissa, disneym2m, for designing the logo!

UPDATE from 2/6: Pete announced on this week's show that the winning team will receive TWO TICKETS TO CIRQUE DU SOLEIL for each team member!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or PM your official challenge leaders, Nikki (*NikkiBell*) or Tara (TSWJan98).

Teams:

Team 1: Disney Divas

*NikkiBell*
dansyr2514
itsmuggsie
kate2961
shellyminnie

Team 2: Walt's Wizards

wdwscout
darrengs
pal-mickey
KimStaR

Team 3: Goofy Bowlas -----> Winners!!!! See Post #14 for totals!!!!

Tara (TSWJan78)
Brian (doconeill)
Erika (eduke98080)
Tim (timmac)
Jeff (OKW Lover)

I'm forming my team! I already have one person so far. I can't wait to compete!

The challenge has officially begun!!! PM me your team name and list of teammates so I can add it to the first post. Now, get out there and see what you can do!

The prize has been updated!!! Check out the first post in this thread for more info or listen to this week's show! :banana::banana::banana:

I have added $500 for GKTW at FirstGiving this month for the Disney Divas in the February Challenge!!!! :yay::woohoo::yay:

Anyone up for extending the challenge another month????

Kate :flower3:

So glad I saw this.. I have been meaning to update..

So team 3 is the Goofy Bowla's and it consists of

Tara (TSWJan78)
Brian (doconeill)
Erika (eduke98080)
Tim (timmac)
Jeff (OKW Lover)

and we went bowling last weekend with a bunch of other DISERS and so far have over $500.00. We are still adding up the pledges and will email Nikki a total ASAP.

eabf9e71.jpg

7fe0021f.jpg

43a278ea.jpg

eeae1711.jpg

fd35dc3f.jpg

5580d904.jpg

I didn't even realize you were taking pictures Tara!

It was a fun time. Now if only my left knee would stop hurting...:sick:

I didn't even realize you were taking pictures Tara!

It was a fun time. Now if only my left knee would stop hurting...:sick:

Yours too?!? It's been quite a while since I wore my bowling shoes, and I'm more used to tenpin, so my first approach ended up with me slipping and banging my knee... :headache:

I didn't bang it, just abused it I guess. Still, it was sooo much fun!

WALT's WIZARDS checking in for the February Challenge.

We had 4 team members:
wdwscout (Linda in South Jersey), pal_mickey (Phyllis in the Poconos), KimStaR (Kim in Central NJ) and darrengs (Darren in waaayy North Jersey).

So, since we were all so far apart, we didn't have a chance to get together for an event. BUT... we did manage to come up with a few creative ways to raise some money this month.

Kim's DH created an adorable Tiki Bird print and sold it here on the DIS.
Phyllis found a friend to donate Tupperware earnings this month.
Linda worked with her local Subway restaurant and had 3 fundraising nights.
And, we had a few cash donations too.

Walt's Wizards TOTAL is... $275.00. :wizard:

Hi Everyone!

Please PM your team members and totals so I can determine who is the winner!

AND THE WINNERS ARE................

Goofy Bowlas!!!!!

Mass. Team 3 - $750
Disney Divas - $652
Walt's Wizards $275

Please send me a PM with your first and last name and address so I coordinate your prize. All donations may be sent through this link or directly to GKTW. Be sure to note that it is for the Power of 10. Thanks for participating and helping out GKTW!!!!

UPDATE: dansy (Justine) also let me know that her efforts continued since the end date and she raised an additional $600!!!! WOOHOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter