Look who showed up!!!

18911460.jpg

Art of Disney Animation drawing class.

b6ab5fdd.jpg

Silent auction is almost over

66ebf054.jpg

All the prizes are gone!

015220d7.jpg

Kim, Anna, and I are so appreciative of everyone who came to the meet and supported Give Kids the World.

The meet has always been about getting together with Disney fans at least one time each year. It's kind of funny, but we talk on the boards several times a month, but when it comes to seeing and talking to each other face-to-face it rarely happens. When we plan family vacations to Disney parks we rarely see each other because our vacations don't match up. This is our chance to see each other, talk about what we have in common, and have a great time sharing our Disney passion.

Although we try and raise as much money for Give Kids the World as we can I don't want to overemphasize fundraising because it can sometimes take away from the fun we want to enjoy during the meet. This is why we don't charge anything for admission or for Dole Whip, etc. I hope you all feel we struck a good balance between fundraising and meet enjoyment.

Thanks to everyone (and I mean everyone) because without your support the meet wouldn't be what it is. It takes people to show up, bring their food, reach out to other people in the venue, and show their generosity. We all share in making the meet enjoyable. I personally saw a lot of generosity yesterday at the meet; the 50/50 raffle winner donated the money back to GKTW, guests who walked up to me or Kim and handed us a donation (including a family who will be visiting GKTW this October), the WDW Mom's Panel who graciously donated free handouts, and those guests who donated to other GKTW fundraising efforts. Thanks to those who helped run the face-painting, kids tattoo, and Indy Meet ornament table. We even had a special person who could write in Japanese volunteer to write names in Japanese on the back of the ornaments and Duffy Bears. I don't know about everyone else, but I ate so much Dole Whip yesterday I started turning yellow as the meet progressed. :) Again...We can't thank you enough for supporting the meet the way you did. It was very heart-warming. :wizard:

Here are the totals from the meet.

- Attended - 108
- Money raised for GKTW - $3,100. Some of this money was donated before the meet and for other GKTW fundraising efforts like the Muddy Buddy Challenge and Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon.
- 25 Indy Meet ornaments built ;)
- 30 Duffy Bears created
- 192 Dole Whips consumed
- Approximately 55 Mickey Rice Krispy treats enjoyed.
- Several character photo ops

If anyone who couldn't attend the meet would still like to make a donation to Give Kids the World please feel free to do so through our First Giving page.
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/IndyDisneyMeet/indydisneymeetfundraisingpage

Again - THANK YOU for attending the meet. We hope for those of you who haven't been to the parks in a while, or have been to the parks several times found the meet a nice way to get your Disney fix in Central Indiana.

See you next year!

Thank you, Aaron, Kim and Anna
We all had a fun time. My sister in law said 'when is the next one?'
The only problem is that we met so many nice people, I didn't want to out bid them on the silent auction!!! You still raised a lot of money for GKTW, good job.

Thank you, Aaron, Kim and Anna
We all had a fun time. My sister in law said 'when is the next one?'
The only problem is that we met so many nice people, I didn't want to out bid them on the silent auction!!! You still raised a lot of money for GKTW, good job.
Thank you Pam for coming. It was a pleasure meeting you if only for a brief moment. :)

I thought the silent auction went over well. We had a lot of great stuff. All limited edition to unusual items. Some of them I wish I had. Darth Goofy kept looking back at me at my house for about a month. He was trying to use the force so I would keep him. :laughing:

Aaron, the meet looks awesome! I know it's a ton of work, but what a great, great thing you do for DIS fans, Disney fans and GKTW. I really hope to make it one year. We do a family trip every Labor Day weekend, usually to an Ohio State Park resort and are thinking of going to Hueston Woods next year. Hueston Woods is about 30 minutes from Richmond, Indiana, is that anywhere near you?

Aaron, the meet looks awesome! I know it's a ton of work, but what a great, great thing you do for DIS fans, Disney fans and GKTW. I really hope to make it one year. We do a family trip every Labor Day weekend, usually to an Ohio State Park resort and are thinking of going to Hueston Woods next year. Hueston Woods is about 30 minutes from Richmond, Indiana, is that anywhere near you?
Hi Lisa,

Thanks! And yes, it is a lot of work that usually starts in January when we start putting feelers out for donations. The meet wouldn't be what it is without a bunch of people willing to put themselves out there to help. This includes the DIS because without it we wouldn't have the communication mechanism to get the word out. I try not to take anything for granted and realize anything anyone can do to help us is very appreciated no matter how small or big it maybe.

I travel that way a lot because I have to go through Richmond and Dayton in order to get to NE Ohio. I'm familiar with Hueston Woods. I've never been there, but I've talked to a lot of people who enjoy it. I was just up your way October 26th & 27th and drove right by the Mentor exit on I-90. My brother in Ashtabula celebrated a birthday and we went to visit him.

Richmond is on the Ohio, Indiana border. The meet is about an hour away from Richmond in Central Indiana. If you continue on I-70 for about 50 minutes you'll reach Indy. I hope you can make it next year. :)

I know there are a few others who come to the meet from NE Ohio. I'm always grateful and impressed of those who come from such a long way to attend the meet. About the best compliment I could ask for is from people who tell me they came from a place far away and it was well worth the trip. Not only do they travel from far away to enjoy the meet they embrace the Give Kids the World aspect. We really appreciate that.

Have a great day, all!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! :)
Sorry - Meant to reply to your posts... Thanks! :)

ADP ... great job raising funds for GKTW and the time you and everyone put into the Indy event. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter