Goin' to see the Mouse for Spring Break~just me and Fiance at POP-Update 3/20

Hi Tinkgurl! I am de-lurking as I lurked my way through your last TR and enjoyed every minute of it! :thumbsup2 so, naturally I had to find my way here :) You have such a nice family and DBF and you make such a sweet couple. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more!

by the way, I know what you mean about crying everytime you leave - I always get teary-eyed too! and we have some pictures from our last couple of trips on our way out of the park on our last day of our DD's (5 and 22mos.) sitting side-by-side in the double stroller crying! :laughing:

Aw, I'm so glad you delurked yourself! Glad to know you had a good time reading my last TR. Thanks for the nice comments. It's great to meet so many nice people on here!

Aw, I bet that was a cute pic even though they were crying!

We've never stayed at Pop Century but have stayed at AS Sports and Movies. While they're different from the DVC resorts we still enjoyed them...after all, you are still in Disney!

I do have to say the Pop Century theming seems pretty cool. :laughing:

I'm just happy to be going at all, so POP will be great.

Hi,

Followed over to your PTR from Memom's TR. We have stayed at POP twice, once in Feb 2006 and Dec 2008 and love it. There are a lot of families there due to pricing. We have stayed preferred area near Hippy Dippy Pool (flower) and regular near bowling pin pool. Both areas were very quite. I would suggest requesting a 4th floor room which are the quietest. If you can get preferred, I would also suggest that especially after a long day at the park. All rooms have 2 full size beds or 1 king bed and are plenty big for 2 people. We never had any issues with the buses, it is nice that POP has it's own and doesn't share with any other resort but they are usually the furtherest stop from the park gates. Refrigerators are not included in the rooms but if you would like one, there are several free swaps out there (see link in my signature ;)). The food court is great for breakfast :love: their mickey waffles which come with the kids meal. We never really used it for lunch or dinner. Their shopping area is nice too. There is a bar in the pool area near Hippy Dippy pool and laundry areas near all the pools. I have a lot of pics of Pop, here are a few:

popt28.jpg

popt29.jpg

popmorn.jpg

Yay!!! You started it...and of course I am a few days late!!:lmao:

Hi,

Followed over to your PTR from Memom's TR. We have stayed at POP twice, once in Feb 2006 and Dec 2008 and love it. There are a lot of families there due to pricing. We have stayed preferred area near Hippy Dippy Pool (flower) and regular near bowling pin pool. Both areas were very quite. I would suggest requesting a 4th floor room which are the quietest. If you can get preferred, I would also suggest that especially after a long day at the park. All rooms have 2 full size beds or 1 king bed and are plenty big for 2 people. We never had any issues with the buses, it is nice that POP has it's own and doesn't share with any other resort but they are usually the furtherest stop from the park gates. Refrigerators are not included in the rooms but if you would like one, there are several free swaps out there (see link in my signature ;)). The food court is great for breakfast :love: their mickey waffles which come with the kids meal. We never really used it for lunch or dinner. Their shopping area is nice too. There is a bar in the pool area near Hippy Dippy pool and laundry areas near all the pools. I have a lot of pics of Pop, here are a few:

Wow, thanks for those pics!

Glad to have a newbie! Welcome!

Glad to hear the beds are good for 2 people. B/F is a bit bigger than me! :laughing:

I'm excited to check out the food court. We will definately be eating breakfast there.

Yay!!! You started it...and of course I am a few days late!!:lmao:

Hey girl! You aren't too late!

Hey - You started while I was in Disney World! That will be memorable to me as we go through the waiting, the arrival, and the retelling of this trip. :)

You know I might have a picture or two of Pop somewhere. I'll look and see. ;)
We're staying there again in December, so if you want to see specific things, just ask, although I have probably already taken at least one picture of every inch of that property at one time or another! :laughing:

All the planning and looking forward to this trip should help you get through the long cold winter ahead a little bit easier. :thumbsup2

What's POP?:confused3

Ha, ha!! Good one! :lmao:

Hey Tinkgurl-

Better late than never! Sorry it's taken my so long to get over here. Sorry, I"ve never been to Pop, but might be in Sept. But that's really up in the air right now. Will do a post about that this week.

So you're driving... that'll be bonus to get to skip the busses each AM. Anyway, I"m here...

Ha, ha!! Good one! :lmao:

Hey Tinkgurl-

Better late than never! Sorry it's taken my so long to get over here. Sorry, I"ve never been to Pop, but might be in Sept. But that's really up in the air right now. Will do a post about that this week.

So you're driving... that'll be bonus to get to skip the busses each AM. Anyway, I"m here...

Hey! Glad you made it over. I have to tell you...your picture clue has got me stumped! :laughing:

Seriously? Think "Fall fell far"... Think no more rocking the boat.

Life update

Hey everyone! Hope the week is going well for you guys. I know I'm excited that tomorrow is Friday! Finally! Just thought I'd give everyone an update of what's going on in my life. I'd love to hear what's going in everyone else's lives as well.

This weekend: Saturday, I'm carving pumpkins with the little guy. He'll be doing more of pulling all the "guts" out. :laughing: I also always give him a pumpkin or two to paint on. Sunday, we're driving about an hour away from home to my Dad's cousin's house. My Dad's aunt and uncle from Oregon are in town, so we're going to see them. We haven't seen that side of the family since 2005 when my Great-Grandma passed away.

This upcoming week: Tuesday, it's our 180 day mark to make ADR's! I know I'll be up bright and early. I hope we're able to get everything we want! Wednesday, I'm doing a Ride Along with a cop for my Crime & Delinquency class. It goes from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m.! :eek: But, there's a chance I might not go the whole time. Just depends on how the night goes. Saturday, it's Halloween so B/F, Uncle, and I are taking the little guy trick or treating. He's going to be a Bears football player. His outfit is so cute! It comes with pads, helmet, and everything! Later that night, B/F and I are going to a Halloween/birthday party at B/F's cousin and her b/f's house.

Girl, your past few weekends have been busyyyyy!! We always compare weekends and yours are jam packed while I sit home :laughing: What are you and your BF being for Halloween?!

Subbing! Can't wait to read all of your plans!

Glad to have you! The real planning will start after Tuesday when I make ADR's! :banana:

Girl, your past few weekends have been busyyyyy!! We always compare weekends and yours are jam packed while I sit home :laughing: What are you and your BF being for Halloween?!

Hey girly. Haha, I never seem to have a slow weekend anymore do I?

We are actually going shopping tomorrow night for costumes!

Uh-huh... Remember, SHE's supposed to be the sober one on the ride along. I know, I know different days, but let's keep her on the straight and narrow until school's over at least!! :lmao:

Uh-huh... Remember, SHE's supposed to be the sober one on the ride along. I know, I know different days, but let's keep her on the straight and narrow until school's over at least!! :lmao:

That is true.. who knows what could happen after a few cocktails (she is legal now you know!) You might be trying to book CRT and end up at Capt'n Jacks or Shoney's on International Drive!!!!:rotfl:

Here are a few Pop pictures for you from the beginning of my March trip with a family friend.

First, this exciting sign. :)

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK017.jpg

Entrance and welcome station.

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK018.jpg

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK019.jpg

In front of the resort.

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK020.jpg

Check-in desk.

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK021.jpg

As you are facing the check-in desk, this will be to your right.

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK022.jpg

What your room will look like.

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK028.jpg

A quick peek in the Everything Pop gift shop.

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK032.jpg

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK035.jpg

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK037.jpg

A little sustenance before heading out to our first park.

disney3-18-09beginningHSAK036.jpg

I have many more from many different trips. These are just the first ones I came across as I was glancing through. I'll spread them out here and there along your wait, so just let me know when you are ready for more.

As for our weekend plans - today is the last day of fall break. I have to do some school work I was ignoring (since I was in Disney World!!!), and do some errands. Tomorrow, we will be doing Trunk or Treat at church. Today is Drew's birthday, so we'll take him out to lunch sometime this weekend, too. Jill and the girls will be here, so it will be a fun weekend.

Sounds like a fun week ahead for you. Post a picture of your little guy in the Bears outfit. That sounds so cute! My DD will be a little ladybug, so no where near as creative. But she's only 2, so she doesn't really care what she is right now. Good luck with the ADRs! I'm getting hungry just thinking about some of the Disney restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter