Going in August: 5 days enough?

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
We are heading out to Cali in August. I know it will be crowded, but we really want to be out there on my son's 6th birthday, which is in August.

We plan on buying being there for 5 days. Will that be enough time for Disneyland/DCA to see everything & redo are favorites later without over doing it? I am thinking the crowds will be more then usual because of the 50th.

The closer to the end of August the better it should be. Be aware that the week ends at DL resort are always busy year roun...unless it is raining which most likely will not occur in August. Will you have 5 full days at the resort? If so that will be plenty of time to do both parks and Downtown Disney and relax at the pool. DCA takes a day to see. If you want to revisit favorites add another half day (may not be necissary as DCA can be uncrowded much of the time). Disneyland will take 2 days or more. 5 days will allow you to not rush so much.

My DW and I will also be there in Aug for 5 days, all weekdays. We figure this will be enough time to do everything. We plan on hitting a park first thing in the morning. As it get really crowded, we will head back to the GC (where we are staying), get lunch, swim, nap, just relax. Then head back in the lat afternoon/evening for fireworks, parades, more rides. From what I have read here and other sources, we feel this will be enough time.

-Matthew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter