Going in December, what's different for Christmas?

jdads2

Squirrelly as all heck
This will be our first Christmas trip to WDW. I just read a post that mentioned the Country Bear Jamboree has a Christmas show. We're doing the CP and MVMCP. What other shows should we be seeing during our stay? Anyone have the maps from last year that may have a listing of holidau festivities?

Thanks

We've been twice in December and love it. Our don't misses: tour the resorts and see all the Christmas decorations. see the tree lighting at Epcot, and the talent that goes with it. some, if not all, of the countries in World Showcase have story times about Christmas that are performed throughout the day. There was a special Christmas show at the Diamond Horseshoe--guess that is closed now. There are several shows during MVMCP: the holiday parade, fireworks, Celebate the Season; Twas the night before Christmas; Belle's Enchanted Christmas; Holiday Brass, and storytelling. Our resort also had several performances offered during the day and evening. It is a great time to go.

I second the advice about Resort hopping, you can go to WL, take a boat to the Contemporary, then the monorail to Poly and GF. It's wonderful.

There are 'Santas' at each country in EPCOT and they tell stories.

Don't miss the tree lighting at EPCOT - stand beneath the arch.

Have a great time.

We love going this time of the year.

Thanks for the advice. We have meals planned at various locations, including the resorts so we can see all the decorations. We'll be sure to make time for all the stories at Epcot.

What is the tree lighting ceremony at Epcot? Can someone elaborate? What time, where? Sounds like we don't want to miss it!

Sue

The Epcot tree is at Showcase Plaza where Future World joins World Showcase. The tree is huge. If you click in my link in my signature, I am sure you will see in in one of the several threads linked there. The tree is lit each day, at dusk.

Oh yes we know about the lack of Osborne lights. We made plans to take a Christmas WDW trip a couple of years ago when we were there for Halloween. We saw the wiring being put up to carry the decorations and lights and we decided then and there that we had to go see those lights. We almost cnacelled the trip once we saw that they were not going to be up this year. Hopefully we'll see them at another time.

Thanks for the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter