Going to Aulani was going to hit Costco but??

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
We are going to be at Aulani the week of July 4th. So Excited! My family is 6 adults, 23 to 55 years old. I originally planned on stopping at Costco straight from the airport (landing at 4:30pm) to get groceries but started thinking. Do I want a 4 lb bag of the same cereal and a box of 36 waffles? LOL It probably would be better to go to a regular supermarket. However we wanted to get some pre-cooked meals to enjoy in our villa. Not really wanting to make two stops. While we were in Flordia the local Target there had pre-cooked meals, do they carry them in Ohau as well. My next question is alcohol. We would need to pick up some beer and coconut rum. Where can I purchase that. Thanks so much in advance for your replies. :cool1:

I agree that if you are not going with a big group Costco doesn't necessarily make sense if you only want to do one stop.

I went to Costco one afternoon and got all our Macadamia Nut gift packs to give out upon our return. It was a really good spot for those, they also had some nice high quality Mens Hawaiian shirts at a reasonable price.

The Target in Kapolei is really close to Aulani and did have a large selection of groceries and good pricing (for Hawaii) so it would be really good for a "one stop" option.
I don't remember seeing pre cooked meals at Target... but I wasnt really looking for them, so they may very well have some. They have a whole 'fresh" section similar to the ones here on the mainland with the fruit, dairy, baked goods and some prepared dinner options that need to be cooked.

They do have a good selection of beer and liquor so you can definitely get that all in one stop.

It is in a strip mall and there is this amazing little salad shop called Aloha Salads about 4 doors down, super fresh and yummy salads. I highly recommend it... especially the Thai Chicken salad.

Another option for pre cooked meals is the ABC Market across the street from Aulani (they also have beer and liquor) , it has a deli section with pre cooked items and sandwiches and such. I looked in the Deli case but didn't purchase, though lots of folks on the boards have said it was good.

I agree that if you are not going with a big group Costco doesn't necessarily make sense if you only want to do one stop. I went to Costco one afternoon and got all our Macadamia Nut gift packs to give out upon our return. It was a really good spot for those, they also had some nice high quality Mens Hawaiian shirts at a reasonable price. The Target in Kapolei is really close to Aulani and did have a large selection of groceries and good pricing (for Hawaii) so it would be really good for a "one stop" option. I don't remember seeing pre cooked meals at Target... but I wasnt really looking for them, so they may very well have some. They have a whole 'fresh" section similar to the ones here on the mainland with the fruit, dairy, baked goods and some prepared dinner options that need to be cooked. They do have a good selection of beer and liquor so you can definitely get that all in one stop. It is in a strip mall and there is this amazing little salad shop called Aloha Salads about 4 doors down, super fresh and yummy salads. I highly recommend it... especially the Thai Chicken salad. Another option for pre cooked meals the ABC Market across the street from Aulani, it has a deli section with pre cooked items and sandwiches and such. I looked in the Deli case but didn't purchase, though lots of folks on the boards have said it was good.

Thanks for this info!

You can get alcohol at Costco. I guess it depends on how long you plan to stay will determine how much you buy.

When we go to that resort we are there for 2 weeks. Costco it is!

We'll have 10 at Aulani for a week in June, so we are planning to go to Costco. But we'll probably stop at Safeway or Target as well for the things we don't need in huge bulk!

Even if it was just the 3 of us in my immediate family, I'd probably still go to Costo for a week's stay. Just to get:

Bread, lunch meat & cheese
Pre-made cook-and-eat meals
Take-and-bake Pizza
Wine/Beer
Muffins/Pastries
Pineapple
Milk

We could easily survive off that for a week with some dining out! :rotfl2: Plus, a quick and inexpensive meal at the snack shop!

Have a great trip!

Good to know there is a Costco. We will bring our membership card. Does the Costco have gas pumps?

Do you have a rental car? Costco is like 5 min away you can easily pop out again. We got a few meals to just heat up and serve. And a Costco sized bottle of pre mixed Mai Tei :) We ate 90% of our meals in the villa.

Do you have a rental car? Costco is like 5 min away you can easily pop out again. We got a few meals to just heat up and serve. And a Costco sized bottle of pre mixed Mai Tei :) We ate 90% of our meals in the villa.

Yes we will, And love the fact they have pre mixed mai ties. yum Thnaks

Don't forget that there is also a Safeway very close to the Kalopei Costco. And Foodland is another option also in Kapolei. Love this store for more loco' food and snacks. Mmmm...poke!
Enjoy your island getaway! Aloha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter