Golf Carts at the Fort.....waaaaay out of hand

if you run over him in the forest and he doesn't make a sound, does it hurt?

I definately think the people renting carts are much more careless...what do they care if Disney's cart gets a scratch on it or blows a tire. I worked hard to get a cart I could be somewhat proud of, and certainly dont want it messed up for anything that I could avoid.

This thread has brought a question to my mind, though....what if some moron in a rented cart were to damage my cart....does Disney pay to have mine repaired? Would the driver be held responsible for damage repair? Would I be out of line for grabbing a 12 yr old by the throat to use his head as a buffer to repair a scratch he may have made on my cart? Is it against Disneys policy to tie a bad teenager to the front of my cart and ram into a tree repeatedly?

I agree!!!! If they hit my cart the parents would have to take out a loan LOL I would just let the parents know they have to pay up, if not I will remove all the tires from their trailer:woohoo:

If someone hits my cart, I am sending kahuna and the calvary to run them down like a pancake! I would never catch them!:lmao:

when we were at the fort in May I couldn't believe how many carts were just driving around. It was hard to go walking because there were carts every place. On the morning of the triathlon the little walkway between the road and trading post was blocked off and all golf carts had to park on the other side of the main road in front of settlement. Some guy had to be told several times by three different people that he had to park and walk the rest of the way! He was very mad that he couldn't drive all the way to TE. I started to feel like we took our fate into our hands when we went walking because, for some reason, the golf carters (not all, but a lot) seemed to feel they had the right-of-way to go any place they wanted. What ever happened to walking and taking your time going around the fort. Now it's like being at Indy. :confused3

It's funny you mention that. I'm one of those people who always give the right of way to pedestrians when I'm driving. When we were at the Fort I'd see lots of folks look up with dirty looks like I wanted to run them over when all I was doing was waiving them to pass in front of us. They would smile and act surprised. :rotfl:

We even came up on a cart one night and the guy was waiving us on...when all we wanted to do was say hi! hehehe love ya Rog! :snail: ;)

When we were there in April, my 15 year old DS was miffed because I wouldn't let him drive. We had borrowed a friends carts that was highly modified and I wasn't about to let him drive. When he saw how we had to be very careful driving so close to folks walking and bicycling, he understood.

Next year may be a different story when he has his license and he KNOWS IT ALL!

I have always been appalled at the parents who allow their underage kids to drive the golf carts. I guess the parents are okay with it as long as their kids are not bothering them.

A person I used to work with let her 14 year old son drive the GC they rented because she was too drunk to drive it herself. Well, he took a turn too fast and it threw her out of the cart & she broke her arm. When she told everyone the story, she was just laughing away - even though she was the one to get hurt. Her daughter was with them & holding her infant son in her lap. If the baby had been hurt would she still have laughed? My co-worker couldn't understand why I didn't find her tale humorous.

I don't blame Disney for charging $50+ a day to rent a cart. I've seen people really abuse them - including purposely driving one into the little pond by the Meadow pool!:sad2:

It's funny you mention that. I'm one of those people who always give the right of way to pedestrians when I'm driving. When we were at the Fort I'd see lots of folks look up with dirty looks like I wanted to run them over when all I was doing was waiving them to pass in front of us. They would smile and act surprised. :rotfl:

We even came up on a cart one night and the guy was waiving us on...when all we wanted to do was say hi! hehehe love ya Rog! :snail: ;)

it's not just golf carts, i hate when the bikes creep up on you when you're walking and don't tell you they're behind you. i don't mind moving over, especially if we're walking side by side, but let me know you're there! some kids are so polite and say excuse me which is really nice.

the other day, right where the road meets the path back to the settlement, there was a car stopped there, a scooter with a lady on it, a golf cart and two ladies walking and me and husband on bikes. now meanwhile, i haven't been on a bike in over a year and my brakes are a little stiff. we come up on this traffic jam right as the road meets the path. i applied my brakes but they weren't working so i squeezed them harder and came to an abrupt stop. as this happened, i said, woooo...too many people in one place and this walking lady says to me "well, it's not like you didn't see us ahead of time"! i thought, well, aren't you the nice one! it's not that i didn't see them, i DID see them but just as i got up to them, they STOPPED walking which forced me to apply those brakes that didn't work at first. grrrrrr......:mad:

When we are there we have never had a issue with people and there carts.
I say make sure you do whats right and don't worry about the rest. If what they are doing is that bad they will get caught sooner or later.

It's those dang gas carts. They should BAN them!

Leave the gas carts alone. Don't get mad because you have to plug in all the time. :lmao: Gas carts Rule!!!

The problem is equally as bad with the rental people...... I would say the private cart owners are more responsible than the rentals.....

You said it man:thumbsup2

the other day, right where the road meets the path back to the settlement, there was a car stopped there, a scooter with a lady on it, a golf cart and two ladies walking and me and husband on bikes. now meanwhile, i haven't been on a bike in over a year and my brakes are a little stiff. we come up on this traffic jam right as the road meets the path. i applied my brakes but they weren't working so i squeezed them harder and came to an abrupt stop. as this happened, i said, woooo...too many people in one place and this walking lady says to me "well, it's not like you didn't see us ahead of time"! i thought, well, aren't you the nice one! it's not that i didn't see them, i DID see them but just as i got up to them, they STOPPED walking which forced me to apply those brakes that didn't work at first. grrrrrr......:mad:

Ugh, how rude!

You know, it basically comes down to common courtesy. I wish more people had it and more folks taught their kids this. Call me ol' fashion...but there is nothing better when you meet a friendly respectful kid.

As Ron White says, "You can't fix 'stupid' ". :sad2:

The Fort makes a profit off the rentals I'm sure but I prefer to walk or bike. Or, as a dreaded last resort, take the bus :scared1:

Let's keep this high level before the Mods get another nickel for shutting down a golf cart thread :laughing:

Bama ED

PS - as in, "if I had a nickel for every golf cart thread I've locked up...."

.... i squeezed them harder and came to an abrupt stop. as this happened, i said, woooo...too many people in one place and this walking lady says to me "well, it's not like you didn't see us ahead of time"!......

I hate when people say "woooo"!!!! No, Im completely kidding....I dont understand how people can be rude when camping at the fort. I am in such a good mood, Im nicer to everyone, I pull over and let cars and busses..and faster carts pass me, I wave and say good morning to strangers, I never kick any animals, and never steal ice cream from children in strollers.

At home, I flip off little old ladies for turning on their blinker too early, I wish death upon crying children at the store...Im a mean old man at home, always on the edge of starting some kind of unnecessary drama with the "small and weak" or "maybe tougher but slower than me"....but at the fort...its allllll good. I kinda enter this "woodstock mentality". Why go on vacation If youre gonna be miserable anyway.....................thats it, Im gonna go paint a peace sign on my cart right now!!!

Ugh, how rude!

You know, it basically comes down to common courtesy. I wish more people had it and more folks taught their kids this. Call me ol' fashion...but there is nothing better when you meet a friendly respectful kid.

Kinda refreshing isnt it.

Ugh, how rude!

You don't know how true that it is in high school!:headache:

I dont understand how people can be rude when camping at the fort. I am in such a good mood, Im nicer to everyone, I pull over and let cars and busses..and faster carts pass me, I wave and say good morning to strangers,
at the fort...its allllll good. I kinda enter this "woodstock mentality". Why go on vacation If youre gonna be miserable anyway.....................thats it, Im gonna go paint a peace sign on my cart right now!!!

"Everthing is everything", quote from Dr.John :hippie:

"Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts", quotes from me, and what I'll be feel'n in bout 40 more dayz ! :thumbsup2

Eventually someone will get very hurt.
Then the lawyers will step in and everyone is going down.
They are going to sue disney, the parents of the kid driving the cart, the guy who rented the cart to the parents, the company who maintains the carts, the company that made the cart, the guy who invented carts, etc.
And the only people who are going to lose everything are the parents of the kid.
Parents are responsible for the willful misconduct of children.
It doesnt matter that is was just this one time I let him or her because of the constant whinning about driving the cart.
It doesnt matter that you thought it was cute to watch a 4 year old drive grandpa around.
The rules say no kids drive, and that means no kids drive.
And as a parent you are going to burn for 10 minutes of fun.
I for one am not willing to lose my house to a lawsuit.
And if you think it cant happen, just think back a few years ago when a women won a $4 million dollar lawsuit against mcdonalds because her hot coffee was too hot.
And when the lawsuits end disney will no longer allow carts.

:rolleyes: Not that I have any opinions about this issue.:rolleyes:

We just got back and my 10 yo son who allways drives at home and does quit well. Did not understand why he could not drive at Disney. The problem was solved on our first night when we seen a 12-14 Yo girl driving a rented cart with 4 other kids on it very recklasly through the settlement parking area. We told our son that is why Disney rules say he cannot drive because of other kids that are not as responsible as he his. We also seen one cart with a kid driving get stopped and at that time he was driving normal.

Unfortunately issues like this usually take some type of tragedy before they will be addressed.
Look at the lack of common courtesy on the roads, where do you think these kids learn to behave like that ? Of course if anyone in authority confronts them the parents will say "my little Timmy would NEVER do that" as if the authority has nothing else to do than to drive around and wrongly accuse innocent kids so as to ruin their lives.
(sarcasm intentional)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter