Golf Question

Focusdude

Takin' on the jellies!
I am not quite sure where I should post this question. I am looking to plan a trip during October - does anyone know if the PGA Tour Tournament has an effect on being able to get tee times?

Although we don't know either, DH loves to golf and we've speculated about this one too. My guess would be that it wouldn't have any impact the week after the tournament (which is scheduled 10/20-10/23). However, the week before the tournament, our thoughts are that tee times might be harder to come by as the pros might be practicing, and also Disney might want to keep the courses in pristine shape for the tournament, so they may keep play on the courses down.

We went during the Oldsmobile Classic in October, 1996 (honeymoon) and played golf twice - but don't remember anything about the tournament getting in the way! I just want to be sure before I make my reservations tomorrow. Thanks for the help!!

Last year's Funai Classic was held on October 17 - 23, so it will be somewhere around that time this year. The tournament is played on the Magnolia and Palm courses, which means Eagle Pines, Osprey Ridge, Lake Buena Vista and Oak Trail (the 9-Hole Executive Course) will be available. I would recommend that you make tee times as soon as you're within your 30 day window.

BTW....our favorite is Osprey Ridge. Beautiful course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter