"Golf Resort"

nutsforgolf

Nuts for Disney
Does anyone remember a disney resort named the "Golf Resort" or something to the affect. My parents took my to Disney back in the late 70's to one of three disney hotels...at that time there were only Poly, CR and one other.

Just trying to remember where we stayed...thanks

It is now the Shades of Green and has been leased to the government for use by military, retired military and those who work for the military.. www.sog.org is the web site i think

In an attempt to lure non-golfers, the Golf Resort changed its name and identity to the Disney Inn in 1986; it had a Snow White theme. We stayed there in 1992, and we loved it: the quietest deluxe resort on property. Not many amenities, just peace and quiet, which was lovely after a day at the parks. Its restaurant, the Garden Gallery, was a lovely place for dinner. We would walk to the Polynesian and take the monorail if we wanted something else.

I'd love to hear your Golf Resort memories!

Golf Resort--Maine Lobster --only place listed on the Food and Fun cards where you could get it--1980 (ouch!)

MAGGIED said:
It is now the Shades of Green and has been leased to the government for use by military, retired military and those who work for the military.. www.sog.org is the web site i think

It hasn't been leased in years. SoG owns the buildings and Disney still owns the land; meaning any construction SoG would like to do must first be approved by Disney. :)

I do! I do!

We stayed there a couple of times and then once when it was the Disney Inn. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter