Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Anyone know of good eBay sellers that sell mostly Hidden Mickey pins?

Gitanoman, Karen sells great pins and is very easy to work with. I have received a couple of scrappers from her but as soon as I let her know my suspicions she sent me new ones. Well as soon as she could trade for them anyway. :) She sells mainly DLR pins.

totaljohn, disneyaddicts, they are also good seller, higher prices and not all HM pins but good stuff.

Awhile back there was a seemingly knowledgeable poster casting aspersions on people selling brand new sets "so cheap" on eBay. I just came across something to share. I hope this one simple example will help cast light on how new in package pins can be far under cost on eBay. I also hope it helps some of my fellow pin fanatics get some great traders today!

I cashed in my rewards and I have a really big gift card that I need to use. The points really rack up fast! Probably because I spend too much? :goodvibes I went to look at DisneyStore.com and I just came across an example of a great deal, direct from Disney. :cloud9:

Disney 3D Vinylmation Cutesters 3 Pin Set for $6.99. With my 25% off coupon stacked on top of the Visa Rewards discount the pins come out to be under $1.56 per pin direct from Disney. Well, free with my gift card! There is no limit. I just put 200 sets in my cart and it was ready to go through. I do not need that many, but I wanted to investigate before posting.

If I found it so easily, I'm sure the sellers know more and even better ways. Enjoy the great find! Hopefully the sellers won't find it before we all get a lanyard full. :)

Awhile back there was a seemingly knowledgeable poster casting aspersions on people selling brand new sets "so cheap" on eBay. I just came across something to share. I hope this one simple example will help cast light on how new in package pins can be far under cost on eBay. I also hope it helps some of my fellow pin fanatics get some great traders today!

I cashed in my rewards and I have a really big gift card that I need to use. The points really rack up fast! Probably because I spend too much? :goodvibes I went to look at DisneyStore.com and I just came across an example of a great deal, direct from Disney. :cloud9:

Disney 3D Vinylmation Cutesters 3 Pin Set for $6.99. With my 25% off coupon stacked on top of the Visa Rewards discount the pins come out to be under $1.56 per pin direct from Disney. Well, free with my gift card! There is no limit. I just put 200 sets in my cart and it was ready to go through. I do not need that many, but I wanted to investigate before posting.

If I found it so easily, I'm sure the sellers know more and even better ways. Enjoy the great find! Hopefully the sellers won't find it before we all get a lanyard full. :)

I absolutely know this is very possible. The problem is identifying those who are actually able to do this and are reselling on eBay. :)

As always Pix, you are the voice of reason and logic! :) I totally agree - I just wanted to point out it wasn't rocket science and even I could have done it without anything 'shady.' I hope some were able to get in on the deal I found.

While I'm here, did anyone ever learn what happened to OliveJuice21? :( Seems like a lot of the 'old timers' have closed up shop.

As always Pix, you are the voice of reason and logic! :) I totally agree - I just wanted to point out it wasn't rocket science and even I could have done it without anything 'shady.' I hope some were able to get in on the deal I found.

While I'm here, did anyone ever learn what happened to OliveJuice21? :( Seems like a lot of the 'old timers' have closed up shop.

thanks :) It's absolutely not rocket science and it's very very doable. I have purchased from people who have told me this is what they have done, the pins I received were perfect in every way so I believe them. :) I have tried to point that out in previous posts but have been met with disbelief and opposition so it's nice that someone else has "backed me up" so to speak. :)

I think some of the old timers have simply given up. With eBay being so saturated with scrapper sellers it's hard to stay competitive. I listed a few pins with little success so I basically quit as well.....it's frustrating as I have some extremely nice pins that I'm sure someone would love to have, I'm just not sure I want to use eBay anymore.....

I know this is off topic, but does anyone go through their pins and look at them when you want a little Disney pick me up? (I just found ours and spent 20 minutes looking at them with the kids. It was fun!)

Yep. I haven't been collecting that long, only buy what I really want, and I'm picky, so I don't have that many pins, however I always keep one or two on my desk to look at and am definitely to the point where I need to set up some cork boards so I can rotate them. :)

And I like the ones with sliders or spinners. Something to fiddle with while I try to figure out how we can do ten things with only time enough for three. :rolleyes: And one of my Cinderella castles (the one with the Mickey Cloud, Pinpic 4719), takes me to a peaceful summer day. :cloud9:

I'm perhaps a little obsessed. :p

Hi I just came across this post the other day and i've been looking for pins on ebay. I just wanted to let you know that the ebay user deadrelix is selling scrappers. They have this posted on one of their posts for a set of alphebet pins.
"UNCERCULATED DOES NOT MEAN 'PROOF' QUALITY. THIS SET IS TRADEABLE. THIS IS FOR FUN. PLEASE DON'T EMAIL ME ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE Y ON 'DISNEY' ON THE BACK OF THE LETTER 'Q'. COME ON FORGET IT.... THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!"

Hi I just came across this post the other day and i've been looking for pins on ebay. I just wanted to let you know that the ebay user deadrelix is selling scrappers. They have this posted on one of their posts for a set of alphebet pins.
"UNCERCULATED DOES NOT MEAN 'PROOF' QUALITY. THIS SET IS TRADEABLE. THIS IS FOR FUN. PLEASE DON'T EMAIL ME ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE Y ON 'DISNEY' ON THE BACK OF THE LETTER 'Q'. COME ON FORGET IT.... THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!"

Definitely not real pins, thanks for the info!! :)

All I can say is, wow. Going to check this out.

This is why I will never use deadrelix~quoted directly from the alphabet auction page~

THESE ARE ALL BRAND NEW LICENSED BY DISNEY AND FRESH FROM THE FACTORY!

YOU WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON TO TOUCH YOUR PINS !

please note one additional thought: I am tired of people who want to return pins because they claim they are 'scrappers' Please do some homework. Google "Licensed Disney Pins, China". Learn about Disney and Pins. These Alphabet sets are created under License from Disney in China. Disney designed these pins. Do you think a Chinese person knows the difference between Cheshire Cat and Buzz Lightyear? Only one factory in the world makes them. There are no knockoffs or 'scrappers' of these pins.

First off, there ARE scrappers and if this person doesn't know that then they are not knowledgeable and therefore not trustworthy imo. Second, fresh from the factory???? Sealed????? No, I don't think so, the only way to get those pins if you work for Disney! Third.....Ummm YES Chinese know about the Cheshire Cat and Buzz Lightyear....holy cow, what a load.......I highly suggest avoiding this seller completely!

thanks :) ...I have tried to point that out in previous posts but have been met with disbelief and opposition so it's nice that someone else has "backed me up" so to speak. :)

Happy to do so Pixie!

So...in regard to the latest posts, I never saw deadrelix listed on the naughty/nice list?! Any insight?

I checked out deadrelix because of KlumzyKat's post above, decided to take a closer look for myself and then found what I posted above. Definitely NOT a green seller! Unfortunately the thread owner has to edit the OP so I can't do it. That's why I always suggest that people check the last few pages of this thread in addition to the first few. :)

Has anyone bought from the Ebay user "evaandmike" before? They look legit to my newbie-eyes but I didnt see them listed here. I just wanted to replace a pin I lost on my trip home from the World last week (Beaker as C3PO!!).

I've never purchased from evaandmike but looking at their auctions I would definitely be cautious when doing so. $27.99 for 30 pins is less than $1 per pin, it's quite likely these are scrappers......I will say I'm tempted to buy a small lot of 20 or 30 to see for myself, in fact I may do so today, if I do I will definitely come back and report. They do have a cute Tinkerbell lanyard I like....... :) Altho they look ones I can get at my Party City so I may just go there instead. ;)

ETA the lots make me leery, but the pins on cards all look legit to me....there's a couple of those I may bid on just to see.....

I am waiting for my money to clear into paypal (well DH's account, I don't have one). So I guess we'll see. I am just looking at the one muppet beaker-as-C3PO one that is shown on a card back so it seem legit, but I am by no means a collector with any skill to tell!

Thanks for the reply! :)

I was wondering what happened to olivejuiceyou, too. She was a good and reliable seller!

I just ordered a Star Tours pin from Fanny's Cosmic Pins. I hope it's good. I looked at her other auctions and the prices looked about right. Her full sets of cast member pins are $50 & up. Her other pins ranged from around $7-$30.

The auction states that some of her pins have been traded for in the parks so I guess that means a scrapper could have slipped by. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I won an auction - lot of 25 Disney pins - last week. Received them yesterday and compared them to pinpics. I THINK I have SIX authentic pins out of the lot. There were three that I could not find, and two I'm not sure if there are fakes or not. I bought them on a hunch - thought I was getting a great deal! Lesson learned = always consult the Disboards first!!

This is why I will never use deadrelix~quoted directly from the alphabet auction page~

THESE ARE ALL BRAND NEW LICENSED BY DISNEY AND FRESH FROM THE FACTORY!

YOU WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON TO TOUCH YOUR PINS !

please note one additional thought: I am tired of people who want to return pins because they claim they are 'scrappers' Please do some homework. Google "Licensed Disney Pins, China". Learn about Disney and Pins. These Alphabet sets are created under License from Disney in China. Disney designed these pins. Do you think a Chinese person knows the difference between Cheshire Cat and Buzz Lightyear? Only one factory in the world makes them. There are no knockoffs or 'scrappers' of these pins.

First off, there ARE scrappers and if this person doesn't know that then they are not knowledgeable and therefore not trustworthy imo. Second, fresh from the factory???? Sealed????? No, I don't think so, the only way to get those pins if you work for Disney! Third.....Ummm YES Chinese know about the Cheshire Cat and Buzz Lightyear....holy cow, what a load.......I highly suggest avoiding this seller completely!

I saw that in the description, too. Again, wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter