Goodies at The Dollar Tree Store

Thanks Madison. I'll have to go check again today. I was hoping the necklaces would be in different colors.

Yesterday, I found disney koosh balls and koosh key chains at Toys R Us on clearance for .98. Going back today for a few more!

Yeah! I went to the Dollar Tree for the first time on Saturday. I found the Pez dispensers, Mickey lollipops and the greatest key rings. I'm keeping one of the key rings - it is Minnie dressed in a 2 piece bathing suit, floating in an inner tube with a drink in her hand. The drink even has a little paper umbrella in it (it is rubber like the rest of the key chain)!

Tomorrow I am off to Toys R Us to see if I can find the Koosh balls.

Thank you everyone! Thank you madison66 for the link to the store locations!

I have Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, refridgerator magnets I purchased from the Dollar Tree store at a local Mall. I just love getting my Disney treasures cheap!

Wow thank you for all the wonderful ideas on what to get at the Dollar Tree!!!

I loved the idea of Mickey coming to visit at night so I went out and bought each boy one thing for each night. I got Mickey coloring/activity books there were three different kinds I got two of two of them, Mickey plastic tote bags, Mickey canteens, and Mickey note books which I will give each of my sons the first night so they can use them for autograph books. I was also able to get a four pack of eight crayons..non Disney for the coloring books, and a six pack of the fat pens the characters like....non Disney...which have a string so they can be attached to something so they don't get lost. I paid a total of 13.00 for four days worth of Disney stuff for the kids!!!!

They are always wanting stuff in the parks which is brought home and rarely played with again. My seven year old will have some money but once that's gone it's gone. I don't plan on buying anything else. What I will tell them.....more for the older boy as the other is 3 and doesn't ask for much....is that if something is bought in the park then Mickey won't come that night to bring a surprise! This should save us a lot of money on trinkets!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh They also had the insulated water bottles at Dollar Tree. The ones where you can remove the sport bottle. I got four of those and plan on freezing bottled water we have already bought to bring with us each day!!!

My dh is working out where there is another Dollar Tree store tomorrow so I have asked him to check for the neon necklaces and the pez dispensers. Man those neon things are wicked expensive in Disney and my son always WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTSSSSSS ONNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. LOL. So far I haven't bought them in Disney but maybe this way he can have one and I don't have to mortgage the house for it ROFL

Well, with everyone talking about Dollar Tree, I just had to go this morning.
I got:
4 pairs of *nice* sunglasses with cords for the youngest four kids (as opposed to the real cheap fall apart plastic ones)

6 rain ponchos(in packs of 2---probably go get more of those)

5 water bottles in insulated holders with a shoulder strap

1 bottle of hand sanitzer

1 bag of mickey mouse suckers.

There was TONS more that I could've gotten, but I had two of my daughters with me, and I also feel, I don't know, like maybe I shouldn't be buying so soon for the trip. It is May 4, 2002. But, it was fun!

I just went to our Dollar Tree and they only had 5 water bottles left. I needed 13 for our Disney Family Reunion in September. ( I guess it is time for the Dollar tree trek)

They had the neon necklaces in the Book area, not the kids toy area.

Yet another trip to another dollar store. I found the cutest little plastic tote bags with minnie on them (they also had mickie and minnie and mickey together) . I thought they would be great for the goodie bags I am putting together for the trip. Still no glow sticks or glow bracelets. I will keep searching!!!

I used the totes to make up my treat bags and they worked very nicely. Inside I put the mickey lollipops ($ store), squeeze breeze fan (big lots), glow in the dark bracelets ($ store), pooh character pez dispensors ($ store), disposable camera (walmart), colored card holder (claire's), and pooh character koosh keychain (toys r us). I may add a few disney $$, but I haven't decided yet. They are so colorful and fun looking! I'm excited for the kids! I plan on handing them out once we are in the air. I'm sure the kids will be surprised.

phins_jazy--Try Wal-Mart for the PEZ dispensers. I saw some Disney characters there a couple of days ago.

just wanted to say thanks for all of the great ideas!
We just moved to Fl. so have been taking day trips to the world and would always spend so much but thanks for all of the ideas cause it saves alot.
We just got back and the sprayer fan was a life saver! It was so darned hot and their bottles were 15$!
Also grabbed the pez they are a great treat for a 2 year old who is easy to please!

PS...they also had the Pez in Target too picked those up last week!

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming! there great!
Holycow

Guess what I found at our Dollar Tree! FIGMENT PENCILS! Since he is now "retired" I consider these collectors items. What do ya'll think. :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that the glow bracelets worked really well (I had some fear that they wouldn't be as good, but they were) -- some of them were still glowing two days later. My two youngest kids wore necklaces made with two on two different nights. Then, when we got to our last night, we still had two boxes left (eight bracelets), so they put them around their ankles, too. Lots of fun for $4 total.

Tar heel. I think you got a better deal than I did. The ones I got we two bracelets in a long thin pack for $1. Since I haven't seen glow anything in an other store I jump on it. I bought 10 packs. I'll give some to my neices and nephews for their trip and keep the rest for my DDs.

I finally got over to the Dollar Tree store today. I found Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse canteens on a plastic string! My kids love them - I just put them into our Disney trip bag where I've been collecting things for the trip. The canteens are a great size for kids and come in several different colors.

I finally found the glow bracelets yesterday. They had rings and the necklaces too but the necklace didn't look like the ones they sell at Disney. I thought I would try and put two of the bracelets together for a necklace. I also found the mini fans. They are almost exact to the ones they sell at Disney but a LOT cheaper LOL. They also had the stronger ponchos one in a pack for a dollar and I got four of those also. Little by little I'm stocking up for our next trip.

Our Dollar Store here in Leesville had them and I bought Mickey and Minnie, Pluto and Goofy, and Donald and Daisy and sat them around my Disney plate from the 25th anniv and my snowglobe from the millineum celebrations! They really added to the display in my curio cabinet! $1.00 EACH!!!!

I just love shopping at my Dollar Tree. I was so surprised to find my little figurines there. I figured I'd have to pay much more at Disney! I need ponchos so I'll start looking for those!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter