Goody bags themed for a trip to AKL??

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Have finally decided on a trip to AKL in Oct. Gotta use those darn AP's one more time! I would like to do something different for ds6 this trip to keep it special, and I was thinking of doing a goody bag themed to our stay at AKL! Any thoughts on what to put in it???

Great Idea we stayed at AKL last June and my girls just LOVED this resort.

Perhaps a safari theme? Lets see a disposable camera, binoculars and a small photo album. A few books on animals, you will def see giraffe and lots of birds. Maybe a bird watching book? (MY dd is 6 also and got a field guide from the library which she lOVES). My girls use a small notebook as an autograph book you could probably find a safari themed notebook and pen or pencil.

A small mister fan or a safari type hat.

You can get some good stuff at Oriental Trading company, I am sure they will have a safari or animal theme. If you have a Rainforest Cafe in your area that would also be a cool place to get stuff.

The sponges that come in a capsule are avail in animal shapes. If you can wait a day to give ds the bag they have really cute shirts in the gift shop at AKL.

Can you tell I think this is a great idea - please let me know what you end up doing ok?
TJ

I'm doing an AK themed bag for our trip as well. So far I have binoculars, little plastic animals that hang off your glass, and disposable cameras. I like the idea of a book about animals. I will probably add a beenie animal of some sort. My DD loves cheetahs so her's will be themed around that.

I would like to do some animal beanies also, where is a good place to purchase them or other animal themed items??? I also liked the idea of some books! Thanks for all your help!!

You might try Orientaltradingcompany.com

They have some cute safari animal erasers, animal print pens and notebooks, stickers, stamps, finger puppets, puzzles- all sorts of things!

(Go to themes, and select animals)

and please............ don't forget the animal crackers!

I just saw very cute small stuffed animals in my Hallmark, I think they were TY. They were so soft I want one myself. LOL They were around $10. I haven't found beenies yet.

karebear1 how could I forget the animal crackers!:earseek: Great idea!

Ya know what else would be cite if you're doing an AK goodie bag? Remember the Barrel of Monkeys game? It's inexpensive, self contained and would be great for entertaining on the plane or in the car.

And- bobcat- thanks for including the animal crackers. They get so lonely all by themselves in that paper box circus cage! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter