Gorilla Falls help...

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
I know that there is a snake at Gorilla Falls and I am absolutely terrified. I have never been to AK and have no idea what Gorilla Falls looks like, but am wondering if there is a way to avoid seeing the snake (ex. by going a different path) or is it in an area that you have to go out of your way to actually see it. It's awful having this fear!! Thanks for any advice.

The only snakes I recall seeing at Gorilla Falls were in a building with other reptiles in their tanks. I don't recall seeing any free range snakes as we walked. You can easily avoid seeing the snakes by staying to the right and passing straight thru the building and not going to the left where the reptiles are housed.

I'm guessing AK may not be the place for you. There are snakes both real and not real in a bunch of places. My wife hates spiders. Found one in the bush outside the room...she about made us move.

I'm guessing AK may not be the place for you. There are snakes both real and not real in a bunch of places. My wife hates spiders. Found one in the bush outside the room...she about made us move.
Certainly no reason to avoid a whole park. I know the bat house has a sign making it easy to avoid if you don't want to see them. Are the snakes just in that room you pass through with some tanks? I barely remember seeing any.

edit: looks like you could quickly pass through the room at 3:46 without really seeing them

Last edited:

You have to walk through the reptile house but don't look to your right or left and keep walking straight through. You'll be ok if you do it that way.

I know that there is a snake at Gorilla Falls and I am absolutely terrified. I have never been to AK and have no idea what Gorilla Falls looks like, but am wondering if there is a way to avoid seeing the snake (ex. by going a different path) or is it in an area that you have to go out of your way to actually see it. It's awful having this fear!! Thanks for any advice.
I completely understand phobias. How afraid are you?

Can you walk into a large room with a snake behind glass and not look that way and be okay?
Is knowing there is a snake behind glass against a wall too scary for you?
Will you have people with you who can divert your attention?

Knowing these answers will help me help you.

Can you walk into a large room with a snake behind glass and not look that way and be okay?
For my children's sake, I would like to think that I could do this, but I honesty don't think I really could make myself. I think I'd just freeze at the entrance. I'm so terrified, even though I know they can't hurt me. If I see a picture of one in a book/magazine, my impulse it to throw the book- always embarrassing in a waiting room. It's just my natural reaction and I can't help it. Thanks so much for any help or advice!

i don't recall any snakes except in the reptile house and you can walk right through without looking at anything.

I’m terrified of snakes too and have never seen them in AK except once in the area where the train takes you to the petting zoo and the lady might have been holding a little snake. I didn’t get close enough to look. I never looked at the snakes on the gorilla falls area. I just pray that I never happen upon one of the wild snakes native to Florida. Many many trips and I haven’t yet.

For my children's sake, I would like to think that I could do this, but I honesty don't think I really could make myself. I think I'd just freeze at the entrance. I'm so terrified, even though I know they can't hurt me. If I see a picture of one in a book/magazine, my impulse it to throw the book- always embarrassing in a waiting room. It's just my natural reaction and I can't help it. Thanks so much for any help or advice!

I'm the same way with snakes (I seriously dot't understand my phobia!) and I did fiine in the reptile house. my husband scanned and told me which tank to avoid and that was good. I looked at the Bullfrog and mole rats and then scooted through. snakes unseen!!

I'm the same way with snakes (I seriously dot't understand my phobia!) and I did fiine in the reptile house. my husband scanned and told me which tank to avoid and that was good. I looked at the Bullfrog and mole rats and then scooted through. snakes unseen!!
Thanks! I don't know where my fear came from either but it's terrible... even the toy ones scare me! So would you say that it is easy to avoid looking at it? How far away were you from it/the tank? Is there anyway to do Gorilla Falls without going in the reptile house? Do you have to go through it on your way back too? Sorry for so many questions and I greatly appreciate your reply! Thanks again!

Thanks! I don't know where my fear came from either but it's terrible... even the toy ones scare me! So would you say that it is easy to avoid looking at it? How far away were you from it/the tank? Is there anyway to do Gorilla Falls without going in the reptile house? Do you have to go through it on your way back too? Sorry for so many questions and I greatly appreciate your reply! Thanks again!

I had to look away from the cobras on the jungle cruise because they were too life like for me! :P

When I walked into the reptile room, it was not obvious where the snake was but I had a feeling there would be one. I didn't see it and I was in the room for a few minutes. If you walk directly through, and just look straight ahead, you won't see it and you'll be just fine. You can't avoid the reptile house, but it may be 10 feet wide, so it's a quick walk through. You don't walk through it again though, the trail is a loop. Good luck! Don't avoid the trail, because the other animals are cool to see, especially the birds!

Oh dear - we've seen snakes out in the parks and at the resorts just about every trip we've taken. I hope you have a snake-free trip, but it's really hard to avoid them in Florida. Do you have time for some therapy (I'm serious, it helps, I have had issues with things and therapy has helped me) before you go? If you don't, some places to avoid - the walkways around the resorts that are by the water, the path from EPCOT to HS, the waterparks (we had a snake IN THE WATER with us on the lazy river), the edges of the walkways at the parks that have tall shrubs. Some of the parks are having a lot of construction done - that stirs up the natural environment for the wildlife and sends them looking for shelter. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter