Got back yesterday; a great time to go!

susanr

Earning My Ears
We had a fun time. I had received some great advice from this web site, so I thought I would share my experience. The weather was wonderful (65 to 75 daily). Florida sunshine makes it feel warmer. And NO LINES! We mostly walked on to the rides with little or no wait. No Fastpass was ever needed. I worried it would be too cool in January, but now I can't imagine going at any other time. My fifth grader's school had two teacher workdays anyway last week, so we only had to take her out 3 days. Definitely worth it.

My advice. Read Bob Sehlinger's books. Cover to cover. (The Unofficial Guide to WDW). They are great. And know your preschooler. My four year old was afraid of many of the rides. They all seemed dark and loud to him (can't they turn down the volume?). Some of the 3D shows were the worst (It's a Bugs Life and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience). He was terrified. We didn't even try to take him to Fantasmic. His favorite time in Florida? Cocoa Beach. We took a day off from the parks and drove a little over an hour to the beach. Paid 75 cents at a meter and spent a few hours there. I had to drag him kicking and screaming back into the car. Which never happened at the parks.

Thanks to all who share their information!

The weather was perfect. A week earlier, we would have frozen, but last week was great. Fast Pass wasn't even available at most of the rides that usually have it because the lines were too short. It often took longer to walk back to the ride (like the safari at AK or Pirates of the Caribean) than the wait for the ride.

I know what you mean about rides being too loud. When DS was 4, he covered his ears in almost every ride and hated the 3D shows. He still doesn't like the 3D movies (he's 7 now) but the loud rides don't bother him as much. And his favorite thing on his first trip to Disney was the night he spent at the Cubs Den (child care at WL)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter