Got My FPs This Morning!

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
I was online and ready to go right at 7AM this morning, and when I got on, things were already scarce. I had wanted to get a FOP FP for 60+2 and 60+6 days out. I wasn't able to snatch one for the +2 but got a noon one for +6 but that was already scarce. I started with those two.

Does anyone have any experience with being able to grab a FOP FP for four people popping up with cancellation? I know it's random but if anyone has had any success, let me know. I'm not giving up hope and would LOVE to replace Na'Vi River with FOP.
Also, check out my FP below and let me know if you think I should change anything!

SUNDAY - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain
MONDAY - Expedition Everest, K Safari, River Journey
TUESDAY- Star Tours, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror
WEDNESDAY - (Late start @ 6PM) 7DMT, Space, Splash
THURSDAY - Toy Story Mania, RnRC, TOT
FRIDAY - Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, FOP (after a two hour gap)

FoP is the hardest one to get "day of", odds are not fantastic.

FP+ choices look good. There are no wrong choices, it's all about what rides you and your group like.

FoP is the hardest one to get "day of", odds are not fantastic.

FP+ choices look good. There are no wrong choices, it's all about what rides you and your group like.

I more so mean does anyone have experience with getting FOP FPs prior to their trip at a day thats not their OG FP booking date.

Just curious, did you not try for any of the TSL rides on Tuesday, or were they not available?

Just curious, did you not try for any of the TSL rides on Tuesday, or were they not available?

We're big thrill ride junkies so we're not really interested in using our FPs for Slinky Dog Dash and Saucers. When I did go to book Toy Story Mania on Thursday, I did see pretty good availability on all three TSL attractions.

Anything is possible while we were at Hollywood Studios on our 1st day we had rope dropped Aerosmith and had a fast pass for that afternoon. My daughter hit the fast pass kiosk and was able to swap it out for Toy Story Mania which we were having trouble getting with the entrance closed and all the prep work they were doing on the tracks.

I was online and ready to go right at 7AM this morning, and when I got on, things were already scarce. I had wanted to get a FOP FP for 60+2 and 60+6 days out. I wasn't able to snatch one for the +2 but got a noon one for +6 but that was already scarce. I started with those two.

Does anyone have any experience with being able to grab a FOP FP for four people popping up with cancellation? I know it's random but if anyone has had any success, let me know. I'm not giving up hope and would LOVE to replace Na'Vi River with FOP.
Also, check out my FP below and let me know if you think I should change anything!

SUNDAY - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain
MONDAY - Expedition Everest, K Safari, River Journey
TUESDAY- Star Tours, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror
WEDNESDAY - (Late start @ 6PM) 7DMT, Space, Splash
THURSDAY - Toy Story Mania, RnRC, TOT
FRIDAY - Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, FOP (after a two hour gap)

Do not stop trying ...everyday a few times a day if necessary including day of.

I got FOP after my original 60 days...like maybe day 54-ish. I was also able to move up my FOP on another day (as I too had a long gap) sometime between the 60 and 30 day windows. So definitely keep trying...I know it’s purely anecdotal but both times it popped up was first thing in the morning (like 6am when I get up for work).

Keep trying. There's always the chance that some booked vacation packages will end up getting canceled, freeing up those previously booked FPs.

Keep checking. While FoP can be difficult to get, they do become available.
Otherwise, looks like you did well with your other choices. Should be fun.

Like a PP mentioned, keep checking the park hours. They will most likely add an hour in the morning or at night and more FPs will get added. I don't have anything that alerts me of the hours changing except for the DIS. For my past March trip, there were lots of people looking for the same time period as me. One morning I woke up and checked and there were tons of FP availability for FOP. I booked mine for our party of 4 and then came on the DIS to let everyone else know.

As many others do, I am a subscriber to touringplans. Once I set up my dates to visit, they send out emails about changes in park hours and expected crowd levels. The crowd level doesn't end up changing plans much, but knowing a change in hours is nice.

When I booked a year ago there were no morning FP for FOP or Navi. I planned on FP Navi anyway because I wanted to see the queue at FOP so planned to rope drop (this was before we learned they rerouted the rope droppers past the full queue. By the afternoon I had changed my mind and tried to get a FOP fp instead of Navi and there were way more options available. I think people play around/shift times the day they do their FP. So I say keep checking even today! You might luck out. I also was able to get a better time for FOP (11:30) then I had originally for Navi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter