Grand Californian Super Thread

Yes! They have grab and go bread and bagels and there is a toaster there along with assorted jelly and peanut butter spread.

Thank you!

Would that be our best bet in the resort for a quick on the run breakfast before early entry?

I *personally* am not a big fan of Craftsman Grill. To me, it's basic breakfast fare you would expect at a cheap hotel breakfast buffet type place. Not that it's bad, but it's just sustenance and not "Wow, that was great!" food. I don't like their coffee. I don't care for the food, and I won't pay good money for what they offer. But you have to understand that I'm not really a big fan of most breakfast offerings. I used to LOVE La Brea, but it's just a shadow of its former self and not worth it. I like real granola with real fruit, great coffee, a bagel with salmon, cream cheese and capers, home-made pastry--now that's my kind of breakfast. Not sure where to find that now, though.

I *personally* am not a big fan of Craftsman Grill. To me, it's basic breakfast fare you would expect at a cheap hotel breakfast buffet type place. Not that it's bad, but it's just sustenance and not "Wow, that was great!" food. I don't like their coffee. I don't care for the food, and I won't pay good money for what they offer. But you have to understand that I'm not really a big fan of most breakfast offerings. I used to LOVE La Brea, but it's just a shadow of its former self and not worth it. I like real granola with real fruit, great coffee, a bagel with salmon, cream cheese and capers, home-made pastry--now that's my kind of breakfast. Not sure where to find that now, though.

They have a smoked salmon bagel sandwich with cream cheese, arugula, capers, red onions and tomato.

We like Jamba. It's fast and healthy and then we might mobile order a muffin or Croissant later in the park.
Ugh, I've always wanted to try the smoothies at Jamba Juice and didn't realize they were in Downtown Disney. I have one close to work, the only thing holding me back are the 50+ grams of carbs and 50+ grams of sugar in most of their drinks. They look so good, though! :(

Maybe I'll try it when we're at the Grand in October...vacation carbs don't count!!!

We like Jamba. It's fast and healthy and then we might mobile order a muffin or Croissant later in the park.

Had considered Jamba, but they open at 7 and was worried timing would be tight to then go and rope drop at 7:30... but I'm probably overthinking as per usual.

Ugh, I've always wanted to try the smoothies at Jamba Juice and didn't realize they were in Downtown Disney. I have one close to work, the only thing holding me back are the 50+ grams of carbs and 50+ grams of sugar in most of their drinks. They look so good, though! :(

Maybe I'll try it when we're at the Grand in October...vacation carbs don't count!!!

You can modify the smoothies to cut down the sugar. I always substitute the sherbet with plain Greek yogurt. I also sometimes sub fresh orange juice in. Everything is customizable.

They do?! I'll have to check that out next time. Thanks!

Sure do! I also wouldn't call their breakfast menu "ordinary." Have you seen it lately? You can't even get plain old waffles or French toast. Take a look. You might be surprised at how "fancy" it has become.

Thank you!

Would that be our best bet in the resort for a quick on the run breakfast before early entry?
I am wondering this as well. I like a latte and something quick for breakfast. My daughter likes a breakfast sandwich or something quick. I didn't see anything on menus that would be easy except for Starbucks.

My other thought is just to grab premade sandwiches at the grocery store along with some cold brew and do that for some mornings. We are doing Storytellers one morning and La Brea another so it will only be two mornings I have to make do. I just really love fancy coffee and breakfast.

Honestly, since there's a mini-fridge in the room we've found it just as easy (and less time consuming) to just pack some muffins, scones, or 'hand pies' for breakfast. If 'sweet' isn't to your taste there are 'savory' scones and muffins out there. We put the hotel coffee in 'go cups' and grab something from the fridge to eat while walking thru DTD. I hate wasting time waiting in line first thing in the morning, even for a mobile order pick up. We usually visit the 'in park' Sbux for a mid-morning pick me up coffee-drink after the lines have died down.

I've been known to put my scone/muffin out on the counter when I hit the hay so it reaches room temp by morning. I like them better that way than cold from the fridge.

does anyone have the map of the room showing room type? I would like to ask for a specific room based on my room type when i check in (yes i know its not a guarantee)

Okay I think I'm crazy. Since I'm going to splurge on GC this trip I might ask my parents to go. I saw this thing on FB about making memories with your parents as they age, yada, yada, yada. Now I have it in my mind to add them to the group. I know it will be tight in the room with three adults and at least one kiddo. I'm still waiting to see if my daughter's friend can join us. Should have that decision this week from the parents.

How do the rooms work for 5 people? My parents will need their own bed but I think that leaves three of us for the other queen? Or if there is a pull out sofa will both 9 year olds fit? I'm totally going to be selfish and not choose to sleep on a pull out sofa for the splurge trip. I'm trying to figure out in my head the logistics of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter