Grandpa, say hello to grandma for me.

Thumper_Man

DDC 684
I know I can turn to my fellow Dis'ers in my time of need. I just want to take a moment to pay a little tribute to my grandfather who passed away yesterday, at the ripe young age of 82. My grandpa Sam served in the U.S. Army, and was veteran of the Korean War. I will miss his stories about his days fighting in the war, and what he did to survive it.

My mom (his oldest daughter) raised me as a single parent. Before my mom remarried and I had step-father, my grandpa was like a dad to me. He & my grandma helped my mom raise me. It was my grandpa that taught me my great love for the outdoors. He along with my uncles (who are more like brothers to me) taught me all about hunting, fishing and camping. Now each time I go camping, and I look to the clear sky at night and see the stars, I will remember him and know that he is up in heaven, watching over us.

He is reunited with my grandma now, after 13 years of being part. He is also reunited with his 2nd oldest son. I know his 4 daughters and 2 remaining sons here on earth will miss him. As well as his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Let me conclude by telling him:

"Grandpa, say hi to grandma for me, as I miss her very much to. I will miss you and I am glad your suffering is over; and that you're with the dear Lord now. This is not goodbye, but so long for now. Till we meet again in heaven.

Love Always.

Your grandson, Michael. :hug: Or as you used to call me, Michaelangelo"

:hug: so sorry for your loss.

What you wrote was beautiful and you could see the special bond that you two had.

:hug: so sorry for your loss.

What you wrote was beautiful and you could see the special bond that you two had.

Thank you.

Yes, we shared a very special bond. In my early childhood life, he was the only father figure I had growing up until I was 12. I even used to call him dad when I was growing up, because he was dad to me. Even after my stepfather entered the picture, I still called him dad. It probably wasn't until high school that I started calling him grandpa.

I am so sorry for your loss Michael, I had a little cry as I read your tribute to your grandfather.

He sounds like a special man, you were blessed to have such a loving man in your life.

Thinking of you and sending a :hug:

Quasar

I am so sorry that you have lost your very special grandpa. I often think it's harder to lose a grandparent than a parent. I wish every day my grandma was still
here to guide me through what I am going through now. He will always be with you. Always.

I am so sorry for your loss Michael, I had a little cry as I read your tribute to your grandfather.

He sounds like a special man, you were blessed to have such a loving man in your life.

Thinking of you and sending a :hug:

Quasar

I am so sorry that you have lost your very special grandpa. I often think it's harder to lose a grandparent than a parent. I wish every day my grandma was still
here to guide me through what I am going through now. He will always be with you. Always.

Thank you both for your kind thoughts and wishes. :hug:

He will always hold a special place in my heart. So I haven't truly lost him. I'm just not where he and my grandma are at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my life with wonderful DW and the rest of my family. So I hope I'm not reunited with them anytime soon. At least that's my plan, because I have a WDW trip planned for next year. I don't know what God's plan is like, but I pray he'll let me stick around a while. I know I will see each of them again.
I hope. :rolleyes1

So sorry for our loss. I went through the same thing with my Grandma back in December. I was able to spend the last 10 day of her life with her. It is so hard when you loose someone you love and that has been a big part of your life. Take care, hope you are doing o.k.

A thousand :hug: during this difficult time. Since you two were so close, it makes the pain feel even that more sharp.

Yes, it's only a temporary "goodbye." Keep all those great memories alive!!! And don't forget to take good care of yourself.

So sorry about your loss. You seem to have beautiful memories that will sustain you during the lonely times. I'm glad of that. Sounds like you have a wonderful family all around. You are truly blessed. Hugs:hug:

So sorry for our loss. I went through the same thing with my Grandma back in December. I was able to spend the last 10 day of her life with her. It is so hard when you loose someone you love and that has been a big part of your life. Take care, hope you are doing o.k.

A thousand :hug: during this difficult time. Since you two were so close, it makes the pain feel even that more sharp.

Yes, it's only a temporary "goodbye." Keep all those great memories alive!!! And don't forget to take good care of yourself.

So sorry about your loss. You seem to have beautiful memories that will sustain you during the lonely times. I'm glad of that. Sounds like you have a wonderful family all around. You are truly blessed. Hugs:hug:

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts. Yes I will keep his/our memories alive. He will forever be in my heart. It was hard to say my temporary goodbye, but he is now laid to rest. I will be ok.

Thank you all again for the hugs and support. :hug:

Michael, what a beautiful tribute to your dear grandpa. He must be so very proud of you.
b125818d.gif

Holding you and your family near in heartfelt prayer.

Take gentle care, sweetie.
f809de82.gif

I am very sorry for your loss. :hug: You have a beautiful faith & gave a wonderful tribute to him. I have a feeling both your grandparents are looking down at you smililing. :goodvibes

Michael, what a beautiful tribute to your dear grandpa. He must be so very proud of you.
b125818d.gif

Holding you and your family near in heartfelt prayer.

Take gentle care, sweetie.
f809de82.gif

I am very sorry for your loss. :hug: You have a beautiful faith & gave a wonderful tribute to him. I have a feeling both your grandparents are looking down at you smililing. :goodvibes

Thank you Minnie & Snoopy. I tried not to make the tribute too long. I could've gone on and on.

I know they are looking down on me. I don't know if they are smiling, but they are looking down on me. They're probably shaking their heads :sad2: saying, what's he up to now. :laughing: Kidding of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter