"Great Hotels" can be dangerous!

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I forgot that I had set my TIVO to record the Wilderness Lodge on the Travel Channel today! I am sitting here watching it now and making myself NUTS wondering if I made the right decision to switch over to the Polynesian because we were booked into the concierge at the WL but there is no concierge available at the Polynesian so we're in a regular garden view room there. I've been calling CRO several times a day hoping for a cancellation, but none so far. :(

And now seeing how nice the WL looks...

Should I switch back to WL Concierge? DSs really want to stay at the Polynesian, and DH and I do too, but I don't know if they even know what the WL is really like. Maybe I should make them watch this show. LOL

Anyone else make themselves nuts like this?? lol :crazy:

Yep, have them watch the show and then decide. They may decide they like WL after all! Good luck!

Forgive me if I misunderstood you, but there is definitely a concierge at the Polynesian. My wife and 2 toddler sons stayed there last year and it was absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough positive things about it! I actually wish we did not love it so much so that we did not have to pay those rates.

I would have them watch the video. There was a similar show on a couple of years ago and that's how we decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. The concierge level there is wonderful. We have stayed there several times and are going again this June. Besides the concierge level being so great the rest of the resort is absolutely fantastic. I remember the first time I walked into the lobby, my jaw dropped to the floor. It is just breathtaking. The Lodge is like a totally separate vacation in itself.

I am absolutely in love with the WL after watching the show today. I mean alot of ya'll sold me on it a while back but it is breathtaking on film. Can't wait until September. The whole family is so excited.

Crap!!!!! I've been wanting to record that one again and save it. I've recorded it on our Dish PVR, but erased it after watching it. I've saved the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge, and can't believe I missed the WL.

Yep, I'm struggling right now on whether to stay at WL or BWI. We have reservations at WL but I just can't decide.
I loved the show today. I watched it while it was on, but I'm going to put it on for DH in a little while.

:yo-yo: I'm always a yo-yo with the hotel choice. Up and down, switching ressies (switched 5 times for this trip). I have to say that I have stayed at both Poly and WL. You can't go wrong with either resort. But my heart belongs to WL.

Nik's Mom,

I know what you mean. I have switched from POP to Contemporary and now I'm seriously thinking about staying at Poly.

MagicKingdom05 said:
Nik's Mom,

I know what you mean. I have switched from POP to Contemporary and now I'm seriously thinking about staying at Poly.

MagicKingdom05,
Let's see. We were booked at Contemporary, then Swan, then WL, then Pop, then POFQ and finally (and I do mean it this time) AKL. Wow, that makes 6 changes then! I say, go to Poly in your case. Especially if you like the relaxing atmosphere!

I finally cured my "RIS" (Resort Indecision Syndrome)...we split our stays if they are 6 or more nights. Three days here, three days there. It's two (click) two (click) two vacations in one!!! :earboy2:

I thought I was the only one switching around. We started at Easter time at the Dolphin, then CR, CSR then POFQ had to change dates, got POFQ again at regular rate, AAA rate then AP rate and then changed finally (hopefully) to AKL with AP rate. I cringe when I think of what my record looks like on the WDW computer system.

:)
elf said:
I thought I was the only one switching around. We started at Easter time at the Dolphin, then CR, CSR then POFQ had to change dates, got POFQ again at regular rate, AAA rate then AP rate and then changed finally (hopefully) to AKL with AP rate. I cringe when I think of what my record looks like on the WDW computer system.

So do I. Every time I call, they must say "here she goes again!"

I also switch multiple times. My wife does not bother wondering where we will stay until we are in the room. In fact, I have even switched while staying in one hotel to another. I absolutely enjoy planning the trips and everytime I switch it is like starting all over. I also do it with meals. Call it an addiction.

Hey!!!

We will be staying at the Poly for the first time in May. I remember we both had plans to stay there last Labor day weekend (remember that fiasco?) sorry I won't be able to let you know until then, but what about splitting the stay??? WL is truly amazing....my inlaws stayed concierge there, so we had a peek-really nice. Since they are both in the Mk are, you would not run out of things to do waiting for a room to be ready...like tea at the GF????

It was dangerous for me too, but in another way. We had planned to stay at WL for 5 nights and the AKL savannah for 4, and after tivoing and watching all the Great Hotels we are still in love with AKL but want to ditch WL and switch to Beach Club (not that we didn't like WL but the images of little kids playing in the sand at Storm-a-long bay sold us). The AKL savannah was supposed to be our hotel splurge and I think BC standard is gonna come out higher per night (just sent out the request to the amazing Sue Ellen). We still need to book one night post cruise so we'll probably end up at WL then (or at BC if we decide it's to much to switch our current WL ressie).

For you, why not have them watch the show, and if they are interested book WL Concierge and you can still keep calling for Poly Concierge availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter