great kids book about WALT DISNEY'S Childhood

Tinkerbells Magic

Earning My Ears
One of my daughters read this last year to enhance here mandatory school reading list and she LOVED it! It is part of the "Childhood of Famous Americans" Series and is called simply "Walt Disney". She was particularly interested in this book, as well as many others in the series, because it details the famous persons childhood home life, teachers, school, friends, dreams, obstacles, early personality traits (and in many cases, details of childhood mischief!) etc... It says on the back for ages 8-12, but I would guess that it is not too hard for any fairly good reader age 6 or 7 as well. It is cut into several short chapters and makes quality parent/child reading as well for those who aren't quite solid readers yet. I know this has made an impression on mydaughter and added to her respect for the enormous creativity of a man whose was once just an unknown child like her with secret hopes, dreams, and an overactive imagination! Easy for any child to identify with. An easy read.

Sincerely,

Liz :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi and Welcome to the DIS! This is a great topic for our Community Board since it is not directly related to Cruises. Please stop by our CB and get to know some other wonderful DIS'ers and see topics of all sorts posted there! :)

My DD read ot for school and had to make a board game from it. He had more fun.

Welcome to the DIS.

Sounds like a good one, Liz, thanks, and welcome to the DIS!!!!!!!!!!

<center>
welcome.gif
</center>

Just wanted to say hi to Liz. Thanks I'm screaming (I mean gently encouraging) my kids to read even as I type this!:wave:

:wave: Hello Liz!!! Thanks for the info about the book... sounds like something even I wouldn't mind owning :D

Welcome to the DIS!

I homeschool my son and am looking for some interesting books for him to read. This sounds great!! I think he would really like it!

Where did you buy it at?

I'm not sure if it's the same exact book, but when DS had to read a biography and do a book report on it for school last year, he read a book on Walt Disney! :)

Welcome to the DIS, I'm very glad you found us. This book sounds perfect for my 9 year old nephew. I think I know what he will be getting for Christmas :D Thanks for the info.

Katholyn

WOW! :) What a NICE group of people! Thanks everyone for the welcome. Glad it might be of interest to some other children (and adults!) too. Don't remember where I got it on line. Probably saw the description on Amazon and then went to half.com or BAMM.com (books- a -million) or some other frequently used discount book supplier and bought there. Usually I can get books very, very cheap this way that are new or slightly used. All the slightly used ones I have ever gotten look brand new, so far. Best of luck! Thanks for the kind words!

Blessings!

Sincerely,

Liz :) :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Even my daughters teacher wanted to read it! I told my daughter "tell your teacher your mom is next and she can have it after that, unless of course she wants to cut a deal on, say, hmmm, no homework for the day?!? :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter