Great pool and breakfast

SleeplessInTO

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Kicking around the idea of spending a month in Orlando with DD (age 8) in July & August as we have her school summer break and expiring annual passes. We will be driving down so will have a car. It’s just the two of us.

Any recommendations on where to stay that won’t break the bank but offers a great pool and hot breakfast near Disney?

Hoping to do $150/night or less (inclusive of self parking, resort tax, etc.) but open to increasing budget if this seems too low. Stayed at Flamingo Crossing area in 2021 and enjoyed that, not sure if things have changed / traffic has gotten worse with more things opening up.

Thank you!

I don't know anything about the place, but maybe DoubleTree Suites at Disney Springs? That's a pretty narrow price range, but if you joined Hilton Honors Program and were willing to pre-pay, you could do it, maybe. A month is a long time. You might find more availability if you moved every week or two. You could also consider airbnb for a pool home, which is more affordable than hotels, usually, and you'd have your own pool!

I also recommend a house or condo for a month. Something with multiple bedrooms, a living room, washer & dryer and a full kitchen. There are ample places in the WDW area and the cost will be far less than a hotel room.

If you want the "resort feel" go with somewhere like Windsor Hills or Margaritaville.

I suspect you would save about 50% off some generic hotel room. That will pay for plenty of groceries.

After a few days of hotel breakfasts I don't want to see a DIY wafflemaker for a while -- or scrambled eggs. A month would be just too long!

I'll second the previous suggestions to consider renting a pool home or condo. A lot more room to spread out and relax, especially with a private pool.

Yes, you'll have to make your own breakfast or stop on the way to the park. I know I used to get tired of hotel breakfasts before the end of my one week business trips.

VRBO or Airbnb should offer plenty of possibilities in your price range, especially in the summer which is a bit less popular time.

Thanks everyone for your replies and insights. I tend to agree. It’s a very long time in a hotel room. Gave me lots to think about. And the comment about powdered eggs is spot on. 🤢😂

My first mistake was to try to plan a whole monthlong trip with an 8 year old as my co-chair 😂 She wants Disney and seems to have forgotten how hot July/August gets, especially walking around the parks.

The new plan is to… plan less. I’m going to book us the first week for Disney parks, and grab some fruits and cereal/milk for easy breakfasts in our room. Then will see how we do with the heat and if she’s tired of the parks by then. Hoping we can just book week by week / try different accommodations if she wants to stay longer or visit Legoland/Seaworld/Universal. Otherwise, I’m casually playing YouTube videos of RCL/DCL cruises to the Caribbean to see if she may be tempted into a very last minute cruise for part of the summer, and pictures of Clearwater/Sanibel/Siesta beaches.

Thanks everyone for your replies and insights. I tend to agree. It’s a very long time in a hotel room. Gave me lots to think about. And the comment about powdered eggs is spot on. 🤢😂

My first mistake was to try to plan a whole monthlong trip with an 8 year old as my co-chair 😂 She wants Disney and seems to have forgotten how hot July/August gets, especially walking around the parks.

The new plan is to… plan less. I’m going to book us the first week for Disney parks, and grab some fruits and cereal/milk for easy breakfasts in our room. Then will see how we do with the heat and if she’s tired of the parks by then. Hoping we can just book week by week / try different accommodations if she wants to stay longer or visit Legoland/Seaworld/Universal. Otherwise, I’m casually playing YouTube videos of RCL/DCL cruises to the Caribbean to see if she may be tempted into a very last minute cruise for part of the summer, and pictures of Clearwater/Sanibel/Siesta beaches.
Crescent Beach on Siesta Key is gorgeous. Gooooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter