• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Groceries at BLT

PA DisneyFan

Earning My Ears
Our first DVC trip is coming up soon!
We don't want to do the grocery delivery this trip since its a shorter trip for us but we were wondering if BLT or the Contemporary Resort sells grocery items? Basically all we are interested in buying is milk and bread to take back to our room. A case of water would be nice too, if thats an option.
Thanks! :)

You can get milk and bread. They do not sell water by the case. There may be water available at the park price or you may have to go to the Contempo Cafe.

The market is at the Contemporary resort, right next to Fantasia and is just off of the skybridge to BLT. We stayed at OKW and BLT this past trip so I'm having trouble remembering what was at each market.

I do not remember cases of water, cokes/sodas, juices and Propel (or whatever cokes brand of gatorade is called, you bought it by the bottle and prices were the same as at the park. Milk, bread, bagels, Entenmanns bakery products, lunch meats, cheese, frozen entrees and pizza were available. Some fresh fruits, cereals in boxes, not much of a variety, not even cheerios. But I did see some cheerios in foods labeled as Goofy's snacks for toddlers. There also was wine and beer. I didn't price them at BLT but at OKW a Yuenling beer cost $5.95 a bottle. :scared1: Wines by the bottle were more reasonable but still much higher than if you bought them at a retailer. And of course all of the usual snack stuff, chips, candy and cookies.

We were at BLT last week and Fantasia market did have water by the case it was $17.00 (give or take some change :scared1:)

They also have water by the gallon I don't remember the price because after we were told a case of water was $17.00 I believe I blackedout :laughing:
Colleen

Back in July they did have bigger water bottles (maybe 1L?) for $3.50, which is a savings over the small bottles (.5L) at $2.50 each. Definitely will still cost you more than a grocery trip, but for a short stay, a few of those might be fine for your needs.

I think I paid $1.95 for a gallon of water. If you get a couple of the smaller bottles you can refill from the big one to save some money. Rather than the $5 a can for beer we got the 6 pack for $15. They have cold beer in the back if you ask at the register. Bread and milk were a little more than at an off site store but not really that bad.

Assuming you don't have a car, but if you do, the gas stations (Hess) on the property are good, close places to get cases of water, beer, etc. More expensive than a grocery store but a lot cheaper than purchasing at the resort.

There is a Hess in the Magic Kingdom area, not far from the Polynesian (it's been a couple of years--I don't exactly remember where).

What is the closest grocery store to BLT? We usually make a stop on our way in from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter