• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Delivery

Dayzy

Mouseketeer
Looking for recommendations for grocery delivery. The lowest minimum is probably the best as I only need a few things we can't bring on the plane. Thanks!

We were originally going to go with StrollersAndGroceries.com for our upcoming trip, but wound up hearing iffy things about it. We switched to GardenGrocer.com because we heard such good things about it. We'll see how it is in a few weeks!

Can someone explain to me how this works? We are staying at Windsor Hills so wondering how they arrange the delivery - do they set up a specific time or give you a big window of time?

For Garden Grover, we select the day and the time frame which is 8am - 12pm.

Will they deliver if you are not there yet? (What if your flight is delayed...or if you want the food there when you arrive...). And what about the cold items? This sounds like such a great service!

Yup they deliver it to the hotel. They have a fridge where they put the perishables in until you get there!

Sorry to hijack the thread....thank you for the info! Ordered with garden grocer and got a discount for ordering early!

60 days is the deepest discount for garden grocer. I order from them last August. the customer service is beyond amazing

You get 10% off if your order 60+ days in advance. I just did ours and it was super easy. They have everything you could possibly need including wine. I figured the cost of a bottle with them would be what I would pay for 1 glass at the resort in the evening.

And they called to confirm the order - I liked that they asked several questions about where we were staying, would we be there, was there security/gate at the entry. They seemed very organized.

I’ve only used Garden Grocer. Since you mentioned you only need a few items you should know their minimum is $40 and there is a $14 delivery charge. I generally order quite a bit so that hasn’t been an issue. But I can say in 4 trips I haven’t had one issue. The website is super easy to use. I’ve never wanted anything I couldn’t find on their site. They email a confirmation, call your cell the day of the delivery and call again to confirm they have made the drop. They double bag heavy items as well. The non-perishables are waiting in my room when we arrive and the perishables are kept at customer service the time they delivered when we haven’t checked in yet (got delayed in traffic).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter