• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Orders at DVC

joelly2103

Mouseketeer
I was at the DVC website and was looking at the grocery items that can be ordered in advance for your stay. I noticed that at each location the list of items available are different. Does this make sense?:confused3

It seems like there are more choices at OKW than at VWL, also the package sizes are different.

I would think the items available to purchase and have delivered to the room would be the same, unless these items are being purchased from the resort general store. But even with that, you would think the items carried would be nearly the same throughout Disney. :confused:

I was at the DVC website and was looking at the grocery items that can be ordered in advance for your stay. I noticed that at each location the list of items available are different. Does this make sense?:confused3

It seems like there are more choices at OKW than at VWL, also the package sizes are different.

I would think the items available to purchase and have delivered to the room would be the same, unless these items are being purchased from the resort general store. But even with that, you would think the items carried would be nearly the same throughout Disney. :confused:

I think that you order is filled from the resort store inventory. The larger resorts have more items.

Have you thought about ordering from off property?

You are correct, and that is my biggest complaint. BWV seems, in our experience, to have the worst selection, and OKW to have the best selection, with BCV being a close second for best. At VWL, you can add to your selection by walking or boating over to Fort Wilderness. That grocery has other items that none of the DVC groceries have. For all of them , if they run out of an item, you have to wait for the next stock delivery for each resort, and in my experience, that can be several days, to a full week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter